Top Shelf Aquatics

Onyx Clowns Spawning

christosclowns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

the next batch is finally through metamorphasis/ I will be seperating them in 4's to try to get quicker growth rate so im thinking 35 to 40 days from now, sometime in end febraury they should be ready. Ill post pictures of development if I can get a hold of another good camera lol. I do have good news though Star recieved his fish this morning and they arrived great. He called me and informed me that they went right to an anenome and he will be posting pictures see ya

Erik, Thanks. These guys are beautiful. Everything was packaged extremely well. The heat pack and water was still warm when I received them (despite the weather being around 20 degrees here at the time they were dropped off.)

I hope they do well, I am scared that one of my shrimp is going to grab them.

Here are some pictures...

IMAGE_196.jpg

IMAGE_200.jpg

IMAGE_208.jpg

IMAGE_209.jpg

IMAGE_210.jpg

IMAGE_219.jpg

IMAGE_219.jpg

IMAGE_223.jpg

IMAGE_224.jpg

IMAGE_226.jpg

Erik, Thanks. These guys are beautiful. Everything was packaged extremely well. The heat pack and water was still warm when I received them (despite the weather being around 20 degrees here at the time they were dropped off.)

I hope they do well, I am scared that one of my shrimp is going to grab them.

Here are some pictures...

Ha it looks like they chose the smallest anem they could find. I bet the big one is jealous now.

christosclowns

Ok well I have 100 babies at ten days old, 300 babies at 4 days old and here is ner new batch layed fresh tonight

51425182.jpg

51405181.jpg

51395180.jpg

51485183.jpg

HPIM5151.jpg

Received my pair from Erik today. Both are alive and doing fine in my tank. Professional packing and shipping. I have a story to tell and will post some pictures when I get home this afternoon.

Nice! Looks like one of your is much bigger than the other - just like mine. New Pics...They are in the bigger anemone now...

I received mine also today, good packaging and both are swimmng around

IMAGE_288.jpg

IMAGE_296.jpg

IMAGE_300.jpg

christosclowns

Awesome I am so happy that they got there ok. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I miss them. Its so cool to raise your own fish and then watch others take care of them and enjoy them.They look beautiful and feed them good. Any frozen mush and cyclopeeze will be best for them. Try to dose your tanks with techI iodine it will bring stripes faster. And as far as Rods goes, hes a great guy with beautiful fish. My onyx are from c-quest and the same lineage and i cant wait to see the progression of these clowns. Thank you for sharing hope all goes good keep me posted see ya

Here is One of their offsping that is now paired with a picasso. She is about a year and a half old.and I kept her because i wanted at least one to breed out and keep the lineage going

51325178.jpg

Alright, quick story of my stupidity and a real tragedy avoided. My wife called me at work to tell me the fish had arrived so I drove home to get them transferred. Erik's packaging was awesome and I floated the bag to reach tank temp. Erik used a heat pack so the water in the bag was 78, my tank is 80. I went into the bathroom to pour out some of the water from the bag and the bigger clown bolted and went into the sink. Stupid me forgot to close the drain and the fish disappeared. We quickly disassembled the plumbing and found it in the "P" trap. I quickly took it to the tank and put it in where it went down into the rock work and looked very stressed. I got the other one in but had to go back to work. I was so upset with myself for screwing up. Luckily, my wife called me laster and said both fish were swimming in the current together. Here's pics:

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

:o Holy crap Scott! Good save! You're pretty lucky, I don't know if some others would of been so quick to break open the trap and get the little guy out.

Lesson learned - awesome fish!

I've been following these threads from day one and Erik - thanks for all the great information. I've breed freshwater fish in the pat and always wanted to try with clowns. This thread has given me the motivation to give it a try.

christosclowns

Scott thats one of the best stories ive heard in a while lol. W ell at least you saved him and there doing good. I tried my best on the packing i was hoping the heat stayed in there well and going to cali i was a lil worried. Anyway thank you for the pix and keep us posted i wanna see growth baby. They will take frozen mush and cyclopeeze and very fine crushed pellet. I would stick with cyclopeeze more it gives them that vibrant red orange look.. Dose your tank with tech I iodine to make their bars come in quicker. Anyway pickle thank you very much and you know what if you could do freshwater, you could do saltwater. It has a lil more finess involved but once you get the hang of it its pretty easy. If you wanna get started let me know ill tell you how to start and what works for me. see ya

I'm just glad we were able to save it. I would have felt so awful. In other news, they seem to have taken a liking to my Hammer coral.

Erik, how often should I feed them?

If only cross boarder shipping was safer and took less time.. :(

I would have definately ordered myself a set of these guys or one of the others. They are all so cute.

christosclowns

Scott I would feed as much as you can. I feed the babies at least 6 times a day. I feed in smal increments so the food doesnt go to waste. Give them allot of cyclopeeze and crushed up frozen food. Take some pellets and hit them with a hammer in a plastic ziploc bag and feed that. Anything is better than 1 feeding a day

christosclowns

Ok im just updating some pix of mom and dad enjoy I love emmmmmmm

51575290.jpg

51595291.jpg

51615292.jpg

51635293.jpg

51935294.jpg

52585306.jpg

52565305.jpg

52535304.jpg

52525303.jpg

52475302.jpg