Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Onyx Clowns Spawning

christosclowns

christosclowns

Okay guys im gonna start a raffle list in about two weeks or so, just keep looking for it and then we will start the list, hope yall understand. And rocky it was my fault lol been really busy lately but i got some fish roe coming this week and im gonna get some amino acids in em and also some spirilina cuz thats what they want

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my babies too. They are maybe the size of my pinkie finger nail....really, really small. After what happened to poor Scott yesterday I went out last night and got a 6 gallon tank with live aragonite and some fake plants. They are in there now. So glad I did because they are smaller than I imagined and wouldn't have felt comfortable putting them in my nano with my cuc. When they get bigger I'll transfer them but will probably be in the little tank for some time.

Thanks Erik, very professional packing. Will try to post pics later today....gotta check on the babes.

Donna

It's past noon and mine are not here yet. I'm starting to get worried since my normal USPS delivery drivers know I have salt tanks and usually always have my Express packages to my by 10:30 am. :unsure:

I just got my babies too. They are maybe the size of my pinkie finger nail....really, really small. After what happened to poor Scott yesterday I went out last night and got a 6 gallon tank with live aragonite and some fake plants. They are in there now. So glad I did because they are smaller than I imagined and wouldn't have felt comfortable putting them in my nano with my cuc. When they get bigger I'll transfer them but will probably be in the little tank for some time.

Thanks Erik, very professional packing. Will try to post pics later today....gotta check on the babes.

Donna

I was thinking the same thing - I was nervous they'd be a snack for my open brain or something so I went to the store and got a net breeder that hangs in my tank. They are in there now for the time being. Lol they are swimming around chasing each other. I also need to get some netting material for over my koralia and my filter intake.

Okay, I was just being a worry wort. Clowns just got here! :happy:

They were awesomely packaged! I have to go get a camera, but hopefully I will have some pics this evening. Thanks again Erik!

christosclowns

GREAT im glad they all got their ok, yes they are tiny and maybe i shuld wait to sell them next time till they are a lil bit bigger, but i dont want people to get upset when the price goes up. I hope everyone clowns do great. I am very picky on packaging so I try to make the packaging perfect and professional. I hope yall enjoy them for my growout is now getting empty, and my lil babies have found new homes thanks again and dont worry dunkin they will be there

LOL I love women and how worried they get thats what makes women so beautifl lol, Im glad they got there ok and like I said im a packaging freak lol have fun

Now If I can only catch citizen snips i won't have to worry about them being emerald crab lunch...

What have yall been feeding? They don't seem to be taking to my flakes or pellets, gonna go buy some cyclopeeze tomorrow

christosclowns

well there gonna take a lil to eat they wont eat right away. I feed them cyclopeeze, and i take pellet and hit it wit a hammer in a ziploc bag. They have never had flakes so i wouldnt tri it right now. Anything crushed up will work. Dont worry ed they will eat like slobs and if you get the cyclopeeze get the freeze dried and put it a water bottlewith water and then refrigerate it works great.

As far as the size goes Erik, I like the fact they are so small. I am really looking forward to watching them growup and change.

well there gonna take a lil to eat they wont eat right away. I feed them cyclopeeze, and i take pellet and hit it wit a hammer in a ziploc bag. They have never had flakes so i wouldnt tri it right now. Anything crushed up will work. Dont worry ed they will eat like slobs and if you get the cyclopeeze get the freeze dried and put it a water bottlewith water and then refrigerate it works great.

Thanks, ill try this ^^. Btw, Jason is the name I go by, all the males in my family have first names Edward haha.

christosclowns

Ok ill call you Jay lol anyway thats is the fun part i have to agree watching them grow is the point of it. But just make sure you feed them good. And as far as a breeder net be careful with it because they need water flow so sometimes the breeder nets take away water flow just watch them i

Ok ill call you Jay lol anyway thats is the fun part i have to agree watching them grow is the point of it. But just make sure you feed them good. And as far as a breeder net be careful with it because they need water flow so sometimes the breeder nets take away water flow just watch them i

lmao, Jay is my father's name. He thought he was clever naming me Jay's son-> Jason. Anyways yeah, ill do my best to take care of them, they look awesome so far and definitely have established dominance lol.

christosclowns

yeah they will fight allot but the ones i picked out were the ones that were off in their own corners pecking at eachother. Once the dominance is established the more dominant one will start to show more color keep them under more atinic light and the black will come quickto se ya jay' son

Ok, here are pics. Keep in mind I am no photographer.

Also Scott, I will be careful with them. I have plastic plants safe for saltwater and just the sand. Will do wc twice a week and check parameters daily at least for a few weeks.

As for feeding I bought frozen daphnia and New Life spectrum for small fish....tiny granules...should be just right for their tiny mouths.

And last, Erik, I don't mind they are tiny. I will be nervous the first month until they grow but feel okay they are in a tank by themselves. I needed a qt tank anyway...will just be occupied awhile now :D

sucky pic....sorry.....sucky camera :rolleyes:

most likely sucky photographer

none of the fish stores around me carry cyclopeeze. All I have is flake and new life spectrum pellets. They don't seems to like either one. :( I don't know what to do.

I don't know what Scott does but I take a cube and swirl in the top of water enough some comes off then wrap the cube back up and immediately put back in freezer. I imagine a cube will last a couple of days. Also feed a little daphnia to my shrimp. Just be careful to not overfeed at one time.

none of the fish stores around me carry cyclopeeze. All I have is flake and new life spectrum pellets. They don't seems to like either one. :( I don't know what to do.

have you tried cutting up the spectrum pellets? i had to cut those 1mm pellets into fourths before my small picassos would accept them.

you guys need to post pics !!

so you just thaw out the cubes and place the pieces in the tank?

I cut the cube up into 8ths, put a little tank water in a small tupperware container, drop the small piece of cube in the water, swish it around to thaw it, and then pour it into the tank right by them. They went right for it every time.

Archived