Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Killer T5HO deal

05XRunner

mine came in today, pretty nice.. i'm going to stick it on my tank for a few weeks to heal up my sps from the reign of the evil PC.. after a few weeks i'll tear apart the fixture and re-wire the ballasts so i can have my dusk/dawn feature.

does it come with any type of leg system? I didnt think it did but all I saw was an option for a hanging kit. so I thought maybe it has legs. if not I will make something up

question is..do those PFO system come with the MH ballast

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does it come with any type of leg system? I didnt think it did but all I saw was an option for a hanging kit. so I thought maybe it has legs. if not I will make something up

question is..do those PFO system come with the MH ballast

nope, no legs.. i'll try to figure something out, i'll have to put my glass hood back on for a while. it already has the hanging kit installed too.. and i didn't select the hanging kit option.. weird.

hmmm after the choice to add bulbs there was a hanging kit add on for 19.99

maybe they are adding them to all the orders since this light is discontinued and want to get rid of stock..that would be cool

nope, no legs.. i'll try to figure something out, i'll have to put my glass hood back on for a while. it already has the hanging kit installed too.. and i didn't select the hanging kit option.. weird.

OOH i wonder if they sent you the kit by mistake or maybe they all come with one. Have any pics?

OOH i wonder if they sent you the kit by mistake or maybe they all come with one. Have any pics?

I'll be home in a few hours and a snag a couple shots.

I might have to pick up one of these units...Are the reflectors nice or are they crap?

even if they are not the best..you could replace them with tek reflectors or anoter and still be ALOT cheaper. I wouldnt imagine they are bad though...I wont have mine till Tues

Any more thoughts on my situation? Trying to figure out if I need to order another one before they get gone.

I am NOT T5 expert, but I think if it were me and I had the $$, I'd order another one.

I'd love to see a pic of the fixture too,

strongly considering getting it, i would tear it apart though and take out a t-5 set for my new fixture. i wish it was 18" wide though, it would be perfect. Kinda silly not to pick up one since the retro kits cost $95 with no bulbs and $135 at RG. are the reflectors clip ons? or are they screwed down?

strongly considering getting it, i would tear it apart though and take out a t-5 set for my new fixture. i wish it was 18" wide though, it would be perfect. Kinda silly not to pick up one since the retro kits cost $95 with no bulbs and $135 at RG. are the reflectors clip ons? or are they screwed down?

You read my mind...i bought the fixture to eventually do a T5/MH combo...100 bucks vs the cost of a 2 or 4 bulb retro was a no brainer for me. :)

could someone post some good pics of the fixture please. mine will not be here till tues and I would

love to see some pics. the reflectors , vents u know the normal stuff .

I JUST CAN'T WAIT IT'S LIKE CRACK I JUST CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! :scarry: :scarry: omgomgomg omgomgomg

could someone post some good pics of the fixture please. mine will not be here till tues and I would

I JUST CAN'T WAIT IT'S LIKE CRACK I JUST CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! :scarry: :scarry: omgomgomg omgomgomg

LOL, I'm with you there!!!

PICS, PICS, PLZ POST PICS, END OUR SUFFERING!!! :scarry:

LOL, I'm with you there!!!

PICS, PICS, PLZ POST PICS, END OUR SUFFERING!!! :scarry:

+1

I'm glad to see I'm not the only fiend!! I've been watching this thread all day to catch a fresh pic :scarry:

+1

I'm glad to see I'm not the only fiend!! I've been watching this thread all day to catch a fresh pic :scarry:

parents came over last night and I didn't get a chance to snap pics.. I'll try to do so tonight after I get home from the theatre..

I'm really tempted to pick up a 24" to go over my BC29. I'm guessing that hanging it would be the best option for it's location.

I am hesitating due to only it only having 1 power cord. I like being able to simulate sunrise and sunset with two timers on my stock lighting.

after a couple weeks, I'm going to take mine apart and wire another power cord into the second ballast so I can do the dusk/dawn thing..

I had 130w PC on my 20H before and now have this 96w t5HO on it and there's clearly a difference. Within 1/2 hour my green slimer was showing polyp extension and even the clowns "popped" more. I'm anxious to see it when I get home from work tonight after everything has had a full day with the new lighting.

Archived