ReefCleaners.org

Killer T5HO deal

05XRunner

yellowslayer13

yup the extra one I bought it will be going out monday UPS has been slackin not picking up so I am gon to figure some other method of shipping.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it was done earlier in this thread.

On a side note: I ordered two of these fixtures, and they called saying they only had one left.

Luckily I found an unused one later that week for sale.

Just one person that added a cord to a two switch two ballast 8 light.

Is there a way to do this to a 4 bulb sigle switch single ballast?

• 1 year later...
Crackerballer

Yea I am actually a little torn because it doesn't look like I am going to get to use mine at all now. I was planning a 24x24x24 cube, but the fiance likes the idea of a 36x36x27, so I am not going to argue!

• 3 weeks later...
Obi Juan kenobi

Just picked up a 48" 8 bulb last night BNIB and just got done adding the 2nd cord and gonna fab up some legs later today.

Crackerballer

Just whipped my 2 back out the box and the hanging kits. These lights are AWESOME. Look just like a Tek fixture to me. I am trying to decide whether or not to sell mine or keep them. If I decided to do the 30x30x20 cube 2 of these lights would be the perfect lighting.

Just whipped my 2 back out the box and the hanging kits. These lights are AWESOME. Look just like a Tek fixture to me. I am trying to decide whether or not to sell mine or keep them. If I decided to do the 30x30x20 cube 2 of these lights would be the perfect lighting.

Way to resurrect an old thread!

This light is what got me started on T5HO and what got that T5HO Information thread started as well.

I've used both this light and a TEK light over my tank, and I have to say that I really think this light is just as good as a TEK.

I say hang on to these and use them, they're great little lights.

Obi Juan kenobi

So I picked up a new light a couple of days ago. Good part was it was a screaming deal, bad part was it has two switches and one plug and no splash guards. I went to Tap plastics and had some splash guards cut and will be installing those next week with some magnets more on that later. Well here are the pics and what I've done to the light so far. It's an 8 bulb T5 and looks just like a Tek light, my brother is fabricating me some legs instead of me having to pay $70 for the Tek ones.

ae5vrn.jpg

Back side

zx7ite.jpg

gutted and ready to install the second plug

mmdk7b.jpg

Two switches one plug

255ozdk.jpg

Nice clean hole with a reamer

219yw5i.jpg

Insert gromit

23hskjq.jpg

Insert and wire

23qnth.jpg

Now I can run a dawn and dusk affect on timers. I'll post pics of the legs when my brother finishes them.

Archived