Innovative Marine Aquariums

Killer T5HO deal

05XRunner

wow those look awesome and not bad. i been looking for a set of lights to put over my new tank. got a 15 gallon. what do you guys think is better though. those tek style knockoff or currents new nova extremes with SLR reflectors. i seen it for 150. plus it has the moonlights in it so 2 of them. so if you try add monlights to the tek one your gonna needput money into it. any susgestions?

nova extreme w/ slr doesnt come w/ moonlights fyi

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bling: *** GRINS WICKEDLY***

Woohoo thanks for the heads up I just ordered mine. This pushed me over the edge. My office picotope is about to become a 15 gallon AGA AIO with foam and rock wall :naughtydance: Look out for a new DIY from HCSCEO.

Steve

wow those look awesome and not bad. i been looking for a set of lights to put over my new tank. got a 15 gallon. what do you guys think is better though. those tek style knockoff or currents new nova extremes with SLR reflectors. i seen it for 150. plus it has the moonlights in it so 2 of them. so if you try add monlights to the tek one your gonna needput money into it. any susgestions?

I would go with the Hellolights one..since they have true individual reflectors. Plus they are cheaper. I believe the Nova extremes are 1 reflector that is bent to act like individual but are not true individual

I would go with the Hellolights one..since they have true individual reflectors. Plus they are cheaper. I believe the Nova extremes are 1 reflector that is bent to act like individual but are not true individual

No i believe the new model does have the SLR, but according to what some have said this comes w/ somewhat better bulbs. I personally would get this one over the new nova based on this price.....

ahh I see they changed it..Only the 8bulb 48" model comes with Lunar lights though. I dont think this deal on hellolights can be beat

the price is $150 before the extra $30 "oversized shipping". regular ground shipping was only $16 after that. i didn't order bulbs because the description makes it sound like you get bulbs with it. the only thing that makes me nervous is the lack of fans, but i can fix that easily.

the price is $150 before the extra $30 "oversized shipping". regular ground shipping was only $16 after that. i didn't order bulbs because the description makes it sound like you get bulbs with it. the only thing that makes me nervous is the lack of fans, but i can fix that easily.

WOW they did go up $30.00 I can't wait to test it out.

ha i keep logging into my wachovia account PLEASE talk me out of this I dont need to spend any more money until after xmas plus I just got a sundial yesterday...

ha i keep logging into my wachovia account PLEASE talk me out of this I dont need to spend any more money until after xmas plus I just got a sundial yesterday...

LOL

You don't want this light. It is too good to be true and you will be embarrased to tell anyone how inexpensive it was. Your inhabitants will be too happy and you won't be able to "fix" anything cause the lighting is too good. I say pass on this deal and kick yourself silly for not buying them.. After all it is cheaper to sit on a sore butt than have really great lights at a great price. :P

How did I do?

Steve

Think the 8 bulb could suatain sps in an AGA 75? I'm going nutz right now just thinking about it! I wanted to take over my dad's 75 but the lighting cost was crazy, not now!

Archived