Coral Vue Hydros

Killer T5HO deal

05XRunner

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ballast is ok for a stock fixture but i just got done wiring my icecap 660 to it and

that MFer is on fire!!! It just seemed to dim for my taste but now it's really bright just

need some new bulbs they looked to pink. If anyone comes up with a good way to put a splash

guard on it or mount fans in it post up.

Post some pictures on your wire up..so we can see..I never did any ballast on T5..do you use only 1 Icecap 660 for all 4 bulbs

keep it around 4-5' above the water line.

its like 4.5" so perfect

honestly the bulbs will do I mean 100 dollars for a fixture with workhorse ballasts and individual reflectors, Imo would be a steal without bulbs. I will change them in 6 months when it is time to get new ones its going over my frag tank so i think these bulbs will do for now ;)

They are more than worth it....The reason I didnt end up buying one because Im not sure what reflectors they used.....

They are more than worth it....The reason I didnt end up buying one because Im not sure what reflectors they used.....

I posted pics of the reflectors a couple of pages back, they look pretty good to me.

lol makes total sense i have been wanting to do a frag tank and I have a 250 watt MH but I was worried about heat issues so I saw this and jumped on it.

hellolights says it has individual parabolic reflectors so i think it would be ok.

I am working on my lfs right now to get the 48 inch 8 bulb so they can start selling coral. I volunteer my time there working on their small SW section and want them to keep it and have it grow larger. the closest place I can go to buy coral is 50 miles away, plus they said once I get my frag tank up and running they want to sell my frags so that was major incentive.

I posted pics of the reflectors a couple of pages back, they look pretty good to me.

I know Im just super anal and want to know exactly what I am getting when I buy something....I also am not a fan of the cheap endcaps...I prefer the icecap water proof endcaps.

I forgot to take pics when I did it but I will pull it apart in the mourning and take a few

the only hard part about it was having to modd the endcaps to take a wire on both sides

all u have to do is drill a small hole the size of the wire on the opposite side. then pop it

open and remove the bridge. it sounds harder than what it is. I will try to get some good pics.

they are very cool running fixtures mine was on for several hours and it was a little warm.

Now that I'm over driving it I'm definitely going to cool it no other choice. Now I just need to

figure out how to get a splash guard on it and keep it cool. the reflectors are kind of like the new

nova reflectors one piece of metal bent around each bulb but they go all the way around the

bulb there not icecap slr's but for 100 bucks I'm not complaining.

yep it will over drive them to a little over 40 watts a piece so that's ruffly 160 watts per 4 bulbs

if i'm thinking right 100 lumens per watt thats 16,000 lumens per 4 bulbs. I'm not real sure

about lumens per watt but it's some were around that I think :unsure:

Crackerballer

Dumb-ass Fedex guy come by my place at 9:30 according to his note and my apt complex office is closed. NO, NOT REALLY, he was just too damn lazy to drive it down there. As a result, I will have to play with mine tomorrow.

EDIT: Just read my shipping info, both of my lights should be delivered tomorrow. I should have some ideas on a shield tomorrow, and hopefully will be making them this weekend.

Well mine came today and I like it so far. here are a few pics I snaped off

ballast

051.jpg

end cap shot

054.jpg

another of the ballast it's a little fuzzy

052.jpg

very solid fixture. if u wanted to mount a splash guard u will have to drill holes or do some cutting

hope yall enjoy the pics

Are those ballast pics for the 24" or the 48" Fixture/

The reflectors do look pretty nice....Ill bet these fixtures are either china copies of teks or teks without the tek name....Either way awesome buy

i got my 8 bulb today. ZOMG that thing is awesome. the 10k's that come with it are plenty bright, but the actinics look dim as hell. definitely be replacing those, and i'll replace at least 2 of the 10 k's as well. I love this fixture and i can't wait to get it over a frag tub (no tank upgrade for me for a few years... gonna start MAKING money on this hobby lol). i am worried about bulb temps, so i'll probably clamp a 6" fan on to the stand i'll be making for the light to go over the tub and blow it across the bulbs. oh, and the 8 bulb has 2 switches, but still only 1 cord.

Crackerballer

it's 8:11 here and I just got a text from my G/F, both of mine were just delivered. Plenty of pics to come tonight. Also, I just noticed that the power cord appears to come from the end. This is great as I was going to mount/hang them differently than normal so now the cords will already be towards the back.

Archived