Pod Your Reef

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Its done! I'm starting a true macro/seagrass tank.

DO IT!!! :)

There are plenty of people on here with some crazy looking macro. Would be awesome to have a small ADA dedicated to macro/seagrass.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

Nice! I threw a small sea fan in with the zoa - wasn't any bigger than a dime. They pop up all the time in my sand, grow a few inches tall, and die back.

More pics!

For the flame, be sure to keep it in medium to low light and really high flow and it'll keep that deep red with flaming tips. In high flow this stuff grows faster for me than chaeto ever did.

Wow that algae is awesome!! Can't wait to see more pics.

Thanks man. Probably won't have many more pictures before next weekend.

also, when I say high flow, I mean it, lol. check out how this guy grows it:

WOW!!! I'd say that's pretty high ;) It is swaying back and forth pretty good now and is in a new low light area. I may move it to another spot that gets more flow if needed.

Also, I have the sea fan. If it's bright green and has some roots that I buried in the sand, than that's it. Didn't know that's what it was.

Thanks again.

Deleted User 6

yeah, stick it down in there good, just like a plant seedling. they don't mind high light. as long as you've got a bit of calc and some nitrate/phosphate floating around, it should take off.

That Dragons Breathe Macro is frickin awesome! Your tank lookd great and I love the caps on the left. Sorry to hear about the cyano issues. Following along to see how it comes out.

Needreefunds

Looks sweet Adam!

Thanks for the flow tips on the flame macro guys. I weaved the last little remaining strip I had through my MP40. Let's see how it does. fingerscrossed

yeah, stick it down in there good, just like a plant seedling. they don't mind high light. as long as you've got a bit of calc and some nitrate/phosphate floating around, it should take off.

Should have some nitrate to feast on in the tank. Out here in Seattle now so hopefully the tank is motoring along and doing it's thing back home.

That Dragons Breathe Macro is frickin awesome! Your tank lookd great and I love the caps on the left. Sorry to hear about the cyano issues. Following along to see how it comes out.

Thanks for the compliments on the tank. Hope to see you cruise by here more often.

Battle with cyano was still being waged before I left although things have been progressively looking better and better. I added my AC70 back on the tank and dropped in some Chemi-Pure Elite. That should help with sucking up some excess phosphates and I'm planning on getting a nice fuge going when I get back. Just need to find a nice submersible light.

Looks sweet Adam!

Thanks for the flow tips on the flame macro guys. I weaved the last little remaining strip I had through my MP40. Let's see how it does. fingerscrossed

Thanks man. I'm really hoping that it does well in my tank...it is way too incredible looking and I would hate to see it fade away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sure.

Happy to report that the tank made it while we were gone the past week. There is a little bit of green hair algae in the corners but it's probably because it's been 2 weeks since a water change. Things should look better after a few water changes.

Phew...what a relief it was to come back to a fairly happy tank :)

Your back! I'm glad to hear the tank made it while you were gone. I took your advice and started my new thread although the tank won't be here for another couple of weeks. Check it out!

Needreefunds
Battle with cyano was still being waged before I left although things have been progressively looking better and better. I added my AC70 back on the tank and dropped in some Chemi-Pure Elite. That should help with sucking up some excess phosphates and I'm planning on getting a nice fuge going when I get back. Just need to find a nice submersible light.

I made a small cage to hold chaeto for the back of my RSM. I have been using these from inTank-inTanks submersible lights

They grow chaeto surprisingly well for me.

Just a thought. :happy:

Your back! I'm glad to hear the tank made it while you were gone. I took your advice and started my new thread although the tank won't be here for another couple of weeks. Check it out!

Thanks Karen. Needless to say I was happy to see that the tank had made it while we were gone. I am always a little reluctant leaving it for anything longer than a couple of days.

Heading to check out your thread shortly...can't wait to see how this tank turns out. It's going to be amazing.

Glad it went well.

How was the trip?

-Dave

P.S - Start emailing me at davefason@gmail.com too. :)

Trip was absolutely incredible. Only had to do one solid days' worth of work and then attend the conference in the mornings so there was plenty of time to drive around, explore, and enjoy the Seattle area. Between driving and taking a ferry to the San Juan Islands, visiting some great city parks and neighborhoods (Gas Works Park, Fremont) and of course enjoying some great West Coast beer, it was a great trip. It rained a total of 10 minutes the entire 6 days we were out there :)

I made a small cage to hold chaeto for the back of my RSM. I have been using these from inTank-inTanks submersible lights

They grow chaeto surprisingly well for me.

Just a thought. :happy:

Thanks for the link to the media basket and submersible lights. Might look into these over the coming weeks.

Nice!

What did you think of the ferry trip over to Friday Harbor? Some of the most beautiful scenery you have ever seen? Was Front St. Ale House open yet? It has been closed all winter....

Nice!

What did you think of the ferry trip over to Friday Harbor? Some of the most beautiful scenery you have ever seen? Was Front St. Ale House open yet? It has been closed all winter....

Honestly, the entire Seattle area amazed me, especially on the last evening when we were sitting at the park near Pike's Place and the skies cleared and we got a jawdropping view of Mt. Rainier. The conference I presented at and attended was on one of the piers next to the Seattle Aquarium so we had fantastic views the entire week. The drive up to Anacortes was just the beginning as we saw massive fields of blooming tulips in the Skagit Valley. The ferry ride and the tour we took out of Friday Harbor was just awe inspiring. My wife's comments pretty much summed up my feelings the entire time we were there - "that's a view that could NEVER get old." :) Must be nice to be Bill Gates and others who can own a piece of land (or entire island) as I would never leave.

Unfortunately, a good bit of the shops and restaurants (including the Ale House) were still closed. Regardless, we had an amazing time and we'll definitely be coming back out the next chance we get.

Glad to hear you liked it....

Now, shhhh. We don't want anyone to know what it is really like here. The world thinks Seattle is just rain and gloom and I am fine with that!

Now, shhhh. We don't want anyone to know what it is really like here. The world thinks Seattle is just rain and gloom and I am fine with that!

I feel the same way about Charleston...too many people visit when it's like this week (50s night / 70s day and no humidity). They need to wait until the humidity is around 90%, it's 95 out and the mosquitoes are swarming.

:lol:

So jealous.

I would LOVE to visit Seattle w/hubby.

Archived