ReefCleaners.org

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

At this point it's looking like we'll be here for a while, but the law firm my wife works for also has an office in Charleston so we may eventually be able to move down there. Right now we're looking for homes in the Murrell's Inlet area, so that's probably where we'll be for the next 3-5 years.

I'll definitely let you know the next time I'll be in Charleston though :D

Murrell's Inlet is definitely my favorite part of the larger Myrtle area. You're away from the hussle and bussle and it's a really pretty beach community (as you now know). Plus, you're that much closer to Charleston.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly :D It's the best option out of everything available here. The commute is going to be a ##### though.

Yeah, commuting to Charleston is going to be a long haul...but at least it's almost all backwoods driving so traffic won't be an issue til you reach Mount Pleasant. Easy driving.

Tomorrow will entail some tank equipment cleaning along with a good old fashioned frag session. Thought I would put the list of frags on here first to give you all first crack at them. Let me know if you're interested in any of the frags listed below and we'll work up a fair price :)

All will be at least 3/4" but more than likely in the 1 1/2" range

• ORA Cali Tort (2x)
  • ORA Pearlberry (2x)
  • Green Acro (3x or more)
  • Orange Cap (2x)
  • Green Cap w/Blue Polyps (1x)
  • Bali Green Slimer (1x)
  • Green Deepwater Acro (1x)

I can also get some smaller nubbin' frags of my Bonsai, Pink Lemonade, and potentially some others.

All are guaranteed to be pest free (never had red bugs, AEFW, etc)

How much would the green cap with blue polyps run? I will possibly be in charleston in a couple weeks

Probably around $15-20 depending on the size you would like. Let me know if you're interested and I can either go ahead and frag and place on a plug for you or frag it when you're down this way.

Okay so last FTS posted 18-Jan. Not looking like fragging needed to me. At the risk of raising the mobs ire from those that want your frags, why are you fragging? Doesn't look like you are having too much growth to me. Plenty of room for colony growth here IMO

p197518320-3.jpg

Okay so last FTS posted 18-Jan. Not looking like fragging needed to me.

Although it looks like there is still plenty of room for overall colonial growth (which there is), some of the branching stonies are within an inch or less from one another. At this point, I don't want the branching corals to start duking it out quite yet. I'd rather the Green Slimer and others not sting the crap and toast my Setosa (which is finally growing out) and other more highly regarded coral. The Caps always need a little fragging as my idiotic self placed them in a spot where it was inevitable that they would grow straight into the glass :)

Plus, I already have several of the frags made as every time I put my hand in the tank, I bump into something and break a branch :slap:

Thanks for the link to that post Henry. Interesting that he said that some of the corals have tolerated one another (Acros wrapping around one another) where others haven't enjoyed the "company."

As my Stonies encroach, I've already seen who wins the battle between some of them. Amazing how some really pack a punch even from pretty far away.

Deleted User 6

save my some frags!

also, if you guys want beer come visit me in NYC. you can find anything you want up here. including some ass-kicking local bkln micros.

I may have missed it, but did you ditch your zoanthids?

Unfortunately, the ones that I had slowly dwindled away. I never really gave them a chance as I kept moving them around the tank trying to make them happy.

Maybe once you get your tank up and rolling (since you're going to focus on NPS, zoanthids/palys) I can get some from you. I was just thinking this morning that I'm in desperate need of some more movement and color for the parts that aren't covered in SPS.

save my some frags!

also, if you guys want beer come visit me in NYC. you can find anything you want up here. including some ass-kicking local bkln micros.

Will do D. There is always plenty to go around ;)

I'm taking a 1/2 day today and just picked up some Brooklyn Chocolate Stout for the weekend. There are a bunch of great micro brews from Upstate NY, PA, and surrounding areas. Southern Tier is one of my favorites from that area, along with Brooklyn and my stand-by, cheap lager Yuengling :)

Deleted User 6
I'm taking a 1/2 day today and just picked up some Brooklyn Chocolate Stout for the weekend. There are a bunch of great micro brews from Upstate NY, PA, and surrounding areas. Southern Tier is one of my favorites from that area, along with Brooklyn and my stand-by, cheap lager Yuengling :)

I tried to take a 1/2 day today but the boss never answered my email request, and he was on the road this week, lol. So I'm working.

Brooklyn brewery is decent - haven't had anything from there I didn't like. It's not Sixpoint or Ommengang though.

I need an FTS!!!!! :rant:

I was trying to hold off until I got the cyano under control. Speaking of which, lights just turned on and things are looking good. After two days of lights off, cranked up flow, and a water change, I can see where the cyano was/is but it looks a faded grey/green color instead of heinous red. We'll see what things look like once the lights have been on for a while...not really getting my hopes up too much.

I tried to take a 1/2 day today but the boss never answered my email request, and he was on the road this week, lol. So I'm working.

Brooklyn brewery is decent - haven't had anything from there I didn't like. It's not Sixpoint or Ommengang though.

Well, I still had to make a conference call but I was able to do it from home instead of sticking around the office.

Very true....Ommengang Three Philosophers is one of my favorites. Gotta love Belgian style ales.

Update on the Cyano. It looks like there is still a little that is rearing its ugly head by the time the lights turn off but WAY less than before. I'm still in the process of cranking up the flow a tad a day so I'm not sure if I can attribute it to the increase in flow or not. Either way, there has been some improvement so I'm happy.

any updated FTS?

I took some on Friday and sure enough, my card reader is back at work. <_<

Updated FTS to come tomorrow.

Forgot that I had an extra card reader laying around here at the house....ask and you shall receive.

FTS

p705944819-3.jpg

Hosting

p994678837-3.jpg

Red Bug Monti (finally growing)

p545982150-3.jpg

Looking good man!!!

What lights are you running again?

Right now I'm running the following, although I'm thinking about taking out the UVL and replacing it with another Blue +

Front

ATI Blue +

ATI Blue Special

Fiji Purple

UVL Actinic White

ATI Blue +

Looks amazing as always Adam!

:o

B)

Very nice Adam.

Thanks guys :)

Right now I'm running the following, although I'm thinking about taking out the UVL and replacing it with another Blue +

Front

ATI Blue +

ATI Blue Special

Fiji Purple

UVL Actinic White

ATI Blue +

Nice!

I would like to upgrade my bulbs, mainly to change the colors a bit. My stock Aquaticlife bulbs are just a bit too crisp, bright white for me.

However, I think I want an MP10 first........

decisions, decisions (and budget ;) )

Archived