SaltCritters.com

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be one helluva a good time guys. My brother and I have been talking about a trip up that way later this Spring. Beer, coral, and paintball would be the perfect trifecta.

Bring it! nugz knows the beer store right behind my house too. It has an AMAZING selection of beer. We should try and set a date and go from there.

-Dave

omgomgomg Where the hell have I been with all this beer talk going on!!! :huh:

:lol:

I just brewed a Stone Ruination Clone Sunday morning!!! :happydance:

You've been missing out...couple pages of brew talk and I was wondering where you were ;)

Bring it! nugz knows the beer store right behind my house too. It has an AMAZING selection of beer. We should try and set a date and go from there.

-Dave

Definitely.

-Dave

Yeah Dave lives in an ideal drinking location. You can piss on 4 bars from his front porch!

i dunno...Beer, Sex, and paintball would be a bit more perfect imo, lol.

Not with 3 or 4 GUYS hanging out though...not my cup of tea.

Sorry Adam.....

I kinda turned your tank thread into a beer discussion.....my bad. :blush:

Not at all. I could talk beer, reefing, and paintball all day!!!

Yeah Dave lives in an ideal drinking location. You can piss on 4 bars from his front porch!

Not with 3 or 4 GUYS hanging out though...not my cup of tea.

Sounds like he's got a nice spot.

Yeah, sex talk mixed in with beer, reefing, and paintball would only revolve around scantily clad women for me ;)

Used the Salifert Mg test kit that I snagged from Mr. Fosi and WOW, glad to see that the kit I was using before was so accurate.

Old test kit - 1250 ppm

Salifert - 620 ppm :eek:

So yeah, that kit is now in the garbage and I'll no longer mess with cheap a$$ kits. Just not worth it.

On a lighter note, this is what I will be doing tomorrow....Charleston Brewvival http://www.charlestonbrewvival.com/breweries2.html

i'm pretty jealous. tomorrow i will be hiding from the blizzard.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to sit inside with a few brewhounds and stare at your tank :)

Nice....I hate you. :P

Stone will be there....don't miss they speech by Greg Koch or a sample of that Bourbon Barrel RIS.

I am jealous.......

They had a special dinner with Greg last night downtown Charleston but I couldn't afford the $$$ tickets...would have been cool since it was limited to around 40-50 people. He's going to be hanging out at one of the local pubs this afternoon so I might skip out a little early and see if I can grab a pint with him. That would be superb but probably doubtful if I'm being realistic.

I have a feeling I better pace myself tomorrow....although I'm sure they will be small samples with that many breweries and beers, I'm sure there will be some inebriated people wandering around. ;)

That would be superb but probably doubtful if I'm being realistic.

Yeah, if they announced that publicly, it will probably be a zoo...

I have a feeling I better pace myself tomorrow....although I'm sure they will be small samples with that many breweries and beers, I'm sure there will be some inebriated people wandering around. ;)

Pacing is key!

I have been to dozens of brew festivals and oktoberfests....

Make a plan, or you will end up like I did my first few runs.....sleeping in the grass

or you will end up like I did my first few runs.....sleeping in the grass

Hopefully someone has a picture of that. :lol:

I'm contemplating bringing my camera but not sure I want to risk the equipment...I could just see someone spilling their Stout all over my camera ;)

Hopefully someone has a picture of that. :lol:

I'm contemplating bringing my camera but not sure I want to risk the equipment...I could just see someone spilling their Stout all over my camera ;)

Good call....I would not advise to bring anything of value that could be damaged by fluids.....

...just my .02.....

Good plan.......

Just like any other muscle, your liver needs exercise and practice. :P

Got that right...gotta keep it well conditioned and in fighting shape :lol:

Got that right...gotta keep it well conditioned and in fighting shape :lol:

If that's the case... Mine is a top prized fighter!!! :lol:

Have a blast tomorrow Adam!!! Jealous I am!!!

B)

Hope you're having fun! I also hope you remember it tomorrow.

Haha...I had an absolute blast on Saturday. Never seen and tasted so many amazing beers. Most importantly, I heeded everyone's advice and took it slow and paced myself...resulted in a lot more enjoyable experience.

Here were some of my favorites -

• Foothills Sexual Chocolate RIS
  • Foothills Hoppyum IPA
  • Southern Tier Cuvee Two
  • Stone 2008 Bourbon Barrel RIS
  • Stone Vertical Epic 08.08.08 Belgian IPA
  • Terrapin Kapt'N Krunkles Black IPA
  • Terrapin Dugout - Oak Aged Wake N Bake
  • Bells Batch 9000
  • Bells Hopslam

Out of all of those, hands down my two favorites were the Bells Batch 9000 (the BEST beer I've ever tasted) and Stone 2008 Bourbon Barrel RIS (amazing how you can really taste just a hint of bourbon buried under all that malty goodness).

All in all, I'll be going back next year for sure. I went back home after the Fest and had what was previously one of my favorites IPA and it tasted like water in comparison to some of the ones I tasted. :lol:

It was pretty cool getting a chance to say "hey" to Greg Koch, the CEO and beer guru from Stone as well. Seems like a down to earth guy that flat out loves beer.

We'll get back to our regular scheduled reefing talk soon....still waiting for this cyano to dwindle away.

-Adam

Sounds like a blast Adam. I really want to go to one in the next year.

-Dave

It really was...I went into it not really knowing what to expect. If they have it next year you'll have to come down. The price was a little on the steep side but it was well worth it. Part of the reason I think they set the price a little higher was not only to chip in some extra for the breweries but also to keep the college, "I'm only coming to get drunk", crew out. If it was $25 and all you can drink, it would have quickly turned into a college keg party. Although I didn't stick around til the very end, I honestly only saw 2-3 people "sleeping" off to the side ;)

It really was...I went into it not really knowing what to expect. If they have it next year you'll have to come down. The price was a little on the steep side but it was well worth it. Part of the reason I think they set the price a little higher was not only to chip in some extra for the breweries but also to keep the college, "I'm only coming to get drunk", crew out. If it was $25 and all you can drink, it would have quickly turned into a college keg party. Although I didn't stick around til the very end, I honestly only saw 2-3 people "sleeping" off to the side ;)

Nice....

I am glad you got to try some of those Stone special releases. I love the VE080808 as well (I have a case aging for tasting in 2012, along with 060606, 070707 & 090909). The Belgian IPA is not a widespread brew, and it's a shame that it isn't. What can be better than a good belgian with all the fruity, dry goodness? How about a belgian loaded with hoppy goodness. Gotta love it!

And yeah, thanks for the crack about sleeping.....I got a little excited back then, ok :lol:

Archived