Coral Vue Hydros

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

I've never used the Rebel T1i. I've used the 300D for close to 7 years now and really like the layout of the 20D body style and I imagine the T1i are just as great. Really, all of the prosumer level DSLRs are just about as good as one another since all have plenty of MP for pretty large prints. Once you get to certain level of body, it is more about noise reduction at higher ISOs than the features really. Once you get there, it's all about the quality glass which can be some serious $$$. It's another nice expensive hobby ;)

I currently shoot with the T1i. Its a nice body. ISO3200 is there but it is very noisy, 1600 is very usable though. The video is a good but not amazing, only because its low frame rate HD. I'm really happy with it. I just wish they hadn't announced the T2i a week after I plopped down the cash for the new digs. Definitely another expensive hobby, but at least the Christmas presents are always awesome.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it good for reef tanks?

The only problem I have with the video is that its only 25 FPS at full HD resolution. Its not epic for taking video of the boy child running around in the back yard. For a tank vid it would be just fine.

The regular pictures are fantastic. IMO Its a way better body than Nikons offering in the same price range.

Nice shots Adam!

Thanks man. Going to take some more today.

The only problem I have with the video is that its only 25 FPS at full HD resolution.

Good info to know. Didn't realize that was the main difference between the Rebel series with video and the 5d/7d. I like the videos where people stitch really nice crisp stills with video...some are really cool.

Hey Adam - love the pics! My flight was cancelled to Chicago due to the weather (not that I'm complaining). Though I'd use the time to see what's happening with your tank. It's a beauty!!!!

Hey Adam - love the pics! My flight was cancelled to Chicago due to the weather (not that I'm complaining). Though I'd use the time to see what's happening with your tank. It's a beauty!!!!

Sorry to hear your flight out got canceled...glad to hear you put the time to good use ;)

Thanks for the compliment....can't wait to see your tank come together.

About 1/2 of our way through our pictures from Seattle and thought I would share a few....don't want to bore people with too many.

City-Scape

p527079969-3.jpg

Gas Works Park - Freemont

p631544769-3.jpg

Pikes Place Market

p164695230-3.jpg

p797382013-3.jpg

p699822612-3.jpg

p210754227-3.jpg

Tulips in the Skagit Valley

p488493029-3.jpg

I have tons more but that should do for now.

It ain't to bad round these parts, is it?

Nice pics BTW. :P

Not too bad at all :)

Awesome Pics!!!!

Thanks man.

Great pics!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment....more to share soon.

Great shots! More!

Thanks man.

:happy:

:wizard:

airman_verde04

Hey Adam, the tank looks killer.. I'm still pretty distracted by my DJ company, that little thing called college (25 year old freshman) and getting ready for the move. 60 more days!! I have boxed up my tank, I was going to sell it, but I'm just going to hold onto it for now. though I learned a lesson... pico's aren't toys.. HAHA!! I need a better heating system to support the tank better. other than that it was fine.

oh! and your pics from Washington are awesome too. very cool. Cinco de mayo festival anyone?? :)

Sorry for the "down time" here on the thread lately. Things have slowly been picking up with our photography business and with the oil spill, we've been pretty slammed here at work as well.

Things have been looking pretty decent with the tank, not where they were before but at least 75% of the SPS look really happy and healthy. Unfortunately, I think my ORA Pearlberry may be toast, or at least I'm going to have to try and salvage the healthy pieces. Here's what I think happened as all of my other parameters are within reasonable level....

On Sunday, I did a nice big 30% water change and decided to clean up the wet side of the vortech and Koralia Nano as they had a little bit of green algae covering them. Placed them back in the same spots and went on my way. I noticed some of the lower branches on the Pearlberry were looking a little dull last night and this morning, about 1/2 the colony is bone white :tears:

Honestly, I'm kind of getting tired of the finicky damn nature of some SPS. The only thing that I can think of is that I cleaned the koralia nano, it increased the output, and I guess I didn't put it EXACTLY where it was pointing before. I guess you win some and lose some but after having this piece for a little over a year, it's just really frustrating.

That and I think my ORA Tort is going to have to be fragged and the dead sections tossed as well.

Although I feel like a tank isn't a true reef tank (my opinion) without some stonies, they sure are a royal pain and disappointment sometimes. I can see why, after several years, SPS lovers tend to just keep 3-4 specimens and keep LPS and other pieces instead.

Oh well.

I'm sorry to hear of the discouraging developments, dive. :(:grouphug:

Thanks Weetie. No matter how bad things are (which aren't too bad), it's nice knowing there's always a NR support group :flower:

Weetabix7
Thanks Weetie. No matter how bad things are (which aren't too bad), it's nice knowing there's always a NR support group :flower:

Always.

Mebbe you just need me to send you some sexy LPS frags to console you. ;)

I got a Frogspawn locally, so you don't need to worry any more about sending me a piece of yours.

I didn't plan it, it just worked out that way in a trade.

I know it's easy to zero in on the things that are wrong when you look at your tank, but you should know that you have a beautiful tank and great husbandry skills.

Chin up. Not too bad here. Couple of SPS need fragging, oh well. Your tank is beautiful, at least it was last time I saw some pictures of it.........ahem.....back on 23-Apr.

If you have to frag the two that you listed, perhaps you can get two pcs. and start them both in different locations so you have a better chance of at least one of them doing well, or in best case both of them.

You were just handed a lemon.................make some lemonade sour puss! :slap:

Always.

Mebbe you just need me to send you some sexy LPS frags to console you. ;)

I know it's easy to zero in on the things that are wrong when you look at your tank, but you should know that you have a beautiful tank and great husbandry skills.

Thanks for the offer on the sexy LPS frags ;) Need to make sure I get things in order first and then we can "talk."

Thanks for the compliment on my tank and husbandry skills. Sometimes I question whether I know what I'm doing or not :happy:

Chin up. Not too bad here. Couple of SPS need fragging, oh well. Your tank is beautiful, at least it was last time I saw some pictures of it.........ahem.....back on 23-Apr.

If you have to frag the two that you listed, perhaps you can get two pcs. and start them both in different locations so you have a better chance of at least one of them doing well, or in best case both of them.

Thanks for the bode of confidence Henry. I'm planning on taking some more pictures this evening so hopefully I can give you a better idea of how things currently look tomorrow ;)

At a minimum, at least the cyano seems to have subsided a good bit.

Archived