ReefCleaners.org

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Yeah, we did have an office in North Charleston, Columbia and Florence. Did not renew the contract with SCE&G. So I haven't been there in a few years now.

Hmmm...wonder if the wifey is up for a short trip?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything is looking good Adam. Looks like you got quite the growth going on with the Stunner. Looking forward to seeing some shots with the new camera.

You'll have to stop on by the page. I picked up a DSLR and can finally take some good pics.

Thanks Dan. The Hollywood Stunner has definitely been growing like crazy. It is slowly but surely wrapping around and spreading on the adjacent rock which is cool to see.

I'll definitely swing by your thread....haven't had a ton of time for cruising NR lately.

Hmmm...wonder if the wifey is up for a short trip?

It's the perfect time of year (cool temps, low humidity, minor league baseball starting up). B)

Gotta love shots of the tank in the home. You must not have kids though... a shot of my house and there would be toys all over the floor crap everywhere its impossible to keep up with a 3 year old.

Still loving the tank, and yes I would love some Monti frags when I get things going!

Gotta love shots of the tank in the home. You must not have kids though... a shot of my house and there would be toys all over the floor crap everywhere its impossible to keep up with a 3 year old.

Still loving the tank, and yes I would love some Monti frags when I get things going!

You got that right, no kids....yet. Our dog tries to drag at least 1/2 of her thousand toys out on a daily basis but I made sure to "tidy up" before taking the shots ;)

Just give me a shout when you are ready for frags. I have two orange cap frags doing their thing on my frag rack and I can almost always make more.

Hopefully I'll have some updated SPS shots once the 40D I just got comes in next week :)

-adam

Wait what? What are you shooting with now?

Also: Is there something special about that Frogspawn? It looks way better than all the ones I've seen. I love the color of your walls B)

:angry: damn work firewall

Ditto

I had to open the page on my iPhone to see your pics.....worth it though!

Beauty, mate!

So what do you have set aside to send me when my little rosie splits?...... :D

Wait what? What are you shooting with now?

Also: Is there something special about that Frogspawn? It looks way better than all the ones I've seen. I love the color of your walls B)

Right now I have a 300D and a 20D. My wife and I have a side photography business (Gallery) and although the 300D is a solid camera, it isn't able to buffer fast enough to capture the action of weddings and candid portrait sessions. Sold the 300D to my parents and they covered the difference for a slightly used 40D. Can't wait although I wish I could have gotten a 5d mkii or 7d.

Nothing special on the Frogspawn although Weetie has made the same comment before regarding the way it looks. I can always frag a head or two if it ever decides to grow.

Thanks for the compliment on the wall color....color is called Wooden Swing :lol:

:angry: damn work firewall

Better get on that D.

Ditto

I had to open the page on my iPhone to see your pics.....worth it though!

Beauty, mate!

So what do you have set aside to send me when my little rosie splits?...... :D

Thanks man. I can frag pretty much all of the SPS or chalice whenever your little rosie decides to split. Currently, I have 4 Green Acro frags and a variety of Cap frags just hanging out but the Pearlberry, Setosa, and some others could be had as well.

Nice, I had always just assumed you were shooting with something newer. The 40D feels so much nicer to hold than the 300D.

Nice, I had always just assumed you were shooting with something newer. The 40D feels so much nicer to hold than the 300D.

I have mainly been shooting with the 20D but all that I've read about the 40D has me excited to get it for sure. Is that what you have? My next step is to try and save for the 85mm L, which may take a while ;)

Yeah I've been using a 40D for a while now. My wife uses our 350D and loves it.

Awesome. It's great having two cameras to share.

The T2i is pretty much epic. It has the essentially same ISO performance as the 7D. If it fit in my hands I'd be all over it as my next upgrade :(

The T2i is pretty much epic. It has the essentially same ISO performance as the 7D. If it fit in my hands I'd be all over it as my next upgrade :(

That's what I picked up a week ago and absolutely love it. Still learning it a bit since it's my first DSLR but it's easy to pick up and learn.

animalmaster6

Your tank is stunning!!! I love the SPS! :)

Your pics are especially awesome though. I plan on getting the Rebel T1i. Do you like that one?

i've been thinking about upgrading to the T2i

I agree with you guys. Looks like an amazing camera. Some of the videos I've seen with the 5d markii and 7D are pretty amazing...especially when you stitch in crisp still shots. Gotta love taking HD video with a DSLR.

Your tank is stunning!!! I love the SPS! :)

Your pics are especially awesome though. I plan on getting the Rebel T1i. Do you like that one?

Thanks. I think the SPS will quickly get back to looking like they did months ago. Just takes forever for some of the branching coral to get their color back and start growing again. Others seem to be able to tolerate just about anything (green slimer, caps, setosa).

I've never used the Rebel T1i. I've used the 300D for close to 7 years now and really like the layout of the 20D body style and I imagine the T1i are just as great. Really, all of the prosumer level DSLRs are just about as good as one another since all have plenty of MP for pretty large prints. Once you get to certain level of body, it is more about noise reduction at higher ISOs than the features really. Once you get there, it's all about the quality glass which can be some serious $$$. It's another nice expensive hobby ;)

animalmaster6
I've never used the Rebel T1i. I've used the 300D for close to 7 years now and really like the layout of the 20D body style and I imagine the T1i are just as great. Really, all of the prosumer level DSLRs are just about as good as one another since all have plenty of MP for pretty large prints. Once you get to certain level of body, it is more about noise reduction at higher ISOs than the features really. Once you get there, it's all about the quality glass which can be some serious $$$. It's another nice expensive hobby ;)

Do you happen to know how good the video camera is?

Archived