Cultivated Reef

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Wow Adam - you've been busy. I just got finished looking at the photos and they are great! I can't believe you're starting a 17g. Do tell more.... Will this be a new thread?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow Adam - you've been busy. I just got finished looking at the photos and they are great! I can't believe you're starting a 17g. Do tell more.... Will this be a new thread?

Thanks for swinging by and trying to catchup on the thread. Definitely been busier than a one-armed paper hanger lately.

Here is a link to the new thread....picking up the stand this afternoon - Greenleaf 17g

• 1 month later...
How about some updated shots on this tank.

Definitely. I'm getting a couple of replacement bulbs in this afternoon so I'll snag some updated shots. Not a whole lot of growth lately. More than likely replacing the sand bed next weekend since I think it's leaching phosphates.

Hey man any updates? This thread definitely needs a new FTS..

I took a bunch of pictures this past weekend but I must have screwed with the settings as they were all too dark and WAY too blue.

Hopefully I can snag some this evening after a water change. Overall, some things are doing well and others not so hot. Long-term, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to juggle keeping up with two tanks, especially one being SPS dominant. I may end up removing all but some of the SPS and getting a nice big fat RBTA for the clowns.

I'm trying to keep more of a hands off approach instead of tinkering every time I see something not looking too hot. We'll see how that goes :)

I took a bunch of pictures this past weekend but I must have screwed with the settings as they were all too dark and WAY too blue.

Hopefully I can snag some this evening after a water change. Overall, some things are doing well and others not so hot. Long-term, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to juggle keeping up with two tanks, especially one being SPS dominant. I may end up removing all but some of the SPS and getting a nice big fat RBTA for the clowns.

I'm trying to keep more of a hands off approach instead of tinkering every time I see something not looking too hot. We'll see how that goes :)

I totally agree with you man. Its hard to avoid the urge to tinker or adjust things in the tank. The best things seem to happen when you just let it be..Well im looking forward to some pics.

looked at your photography site...you do very nice work :) btw...aspen's a cutie!

Thanks for the compliment on our work. You can check out/follow our blog if you have any interest....I'll let Aspen know of her compliment :)

I totally agree with you man. Its hard to avoid the urge to tinker or adjust things in the tank. The best things seem to happen when you just let it be..Well im looking forward to some pics.

I think it's one of the hardest things about this hobby. It's difficult to look at something and try and figure out whether it's been irritated, really not happy, or just having a bad day.

Still not 100% pleased with the way the pictures are turning out. These are all taken with 2 ATI Blue + and 1 ATI Aqua Blue Spezial.

p739943768-3.jpg

p1012321814-3.jpg

p890436259-3.jpg

p930666058-3.jpg

My Favorite

p1019509981-3.jpg

Fuzzy FTS :(

p641576399-3.jpg

-Adam

Yay! pix! I know what you mean the blue bulbs really throw the WB off <_<

nice growth!!

Thanks!! Yeah, even at 50,000k in Camera RAW, the pictures tend a little on the blue and washed out side.

Awesome :happy:

Thanks bud. I appreciate you swing by.

Wow awesome shots adam!Man i would love a frag of that beauty.

Just let me know if you ever want a frag and it's all yours. Seriously this thing could be trimmed on a weekly basis :)

try fiddling with the in-camera exposure levels.

These were shot in Manual so all settings were done in-camera. I was just was rushed, didn't wait until the daylight bulbs cut on, and was stuck with my 50 1.8 since my wife had the other camera and the 17-40 that I usually use. With the 1.5x of the 40D and the focal distance of the 50mm is a couple of feet, I had to stand damn near across the room to get the FTS

What did you do in-camera to adjust for your LEDs when you were running them? I thought you said you were having a hard time adjusting for the color temp as well.

Deleted User 6

Mine was pretty much all in-camera exposure (I shot in AP mode) and then LR2 WB changes.

But I wasn't shooting with my 50 1.8.

Mine was pretty much all in-camera exposure (I shot in AP mode) and then LR2 WB changes.

But I wasn't shooting with my 50 1.8.

Gotcha. I might do some fiddle farting around with the settings the next go-around.

Deleted User 6

yeah, manual's cool and all, but I'm past the point where I think I'm professional enough to make all my shots perfect, lol.

Archived