Innovative Marine Aquariums

dshnarw COLDWATER

dshnarw

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those A. Equina's are going to multiply like crazy you realise :P

I hope so. I gotta fill up a 36" x 18" space :D

The first group has produced a grand total of 1 baby in the past year or so. I think I need to feed more.

reefman225gal

I really love this tank. You can use a little work on your photography skills :P Great photos man!

I really love this tank. You can use a little work on your photography skills :P Great photos man!

:lol: thanks!

news on the new A. equina: MIA at the store. No shipment this week, but they're expecting more in next week. Soon as Amber and I discuss, we'll be adding to the order.

reefman225gal
:lol: thanks!

news on the new A. equina: MIA at the store. No shipment this week, but they're expecting more in next week. Soon as Amber and I discuss, we'll be adding to the order.

Cool! B) How often are you feeding the one you have now (A.equina)?

Edit:Spelling.

Cool! B) How often are you feeding the one you have now (A.equina)?

Edit:Spelling.

cyclopeeze every day, mysis every other day. that'll be increased once i get around to adding something that at least resembles a filtration system to the tank. right now, it's just natural filtration :mellow:

Expecting 3 new equinas now - red, orange, and yellow. supposed to get one of each color that comes in, so we'll see what happens early next week. hoping for a blue one :fingerscrossed:

reefman225gal

Yeah a blue one would be sweet!!! I'll keep my fingers fingerscrossed too. Good Luck. Get that filtration upgraded. ;)

Ok, so two choices.....:

10gal w/Ice Probe chiller (which I have)

or

20H w/a better chiller (which I would have to put out more money for)

All I want to keep for now are the strawberries.......... What to do.. what to do..

Ok, so two choices.....:

or

All I want to keep for now are the strawberries.......... What to do.. what to do..

test ice probe. if it works, use that. you can upgrade later.

horusmachine
Ok, so two choices.....:

or

If you go the Ice Probe route, I would recommend running at least 2 on your 10 gal tank. I am running 2 ice probes on my 5.5, and the temp fluctuates from 57 - 63 degrees depending on the ambient temperature. Spring is here and soon summer the warmer months are coming. To prepare for the warmer temperatures, I will installing a third Ice Probe in the next week. I too want to to have strawberry anenomes, and I believe they are best keep at 55- 57 degrees. May I ask where you are getting your strawberries?

H

If you go the Ice Probe route, I would recommend running at least 2 on your 10 gal tank. I am running 2 ice probes on my 5.5, and the temp fluctuates from 57 - 63 degrees depending on the ambient temperature. Spring is here and soon summer the warmer months are coming. To prepare for the warmer temperatures, I will installing a third Ice Probe in the next week. I too want to to have strawberry anenomes, and I believe they are best keep at 55- 57 degrees. May I ask where you are getting your strawberries?

H

yours have any insulation?

Only one layer of 1\2 inch thick foam. Will more layers help?

We have 3 layers of 3/4" foam. Soon I'm going to rip it off and start over with greenboard, which has a higher insulation rating.

horusmachine
We have 3 layers of 3/4" foam. Soon I'm going to rip it off and start over with greenboard, which has a higher insulation rating.

Hmm.......

I may try that.

Feeding time in the CW tank....just cyclopeeze though.

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

even the baby beadlet popped open for food :D

IMG_4088.jpg

here's a question...this is the new red beadlet, and I noticed last night it had a couple of funny bumps on it's column, about the same color as it's tentacles. It hasn't moved anywhere, and nothing has bumped into it, so I dunno what it is. You can see them on the left side of the column - the bright spot. Couldn't get a better pic last night because of where it's sitting. Anyone seen this before?

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

Archived