Coral Vue Hydros

dshnarw COLDWATER

dshnarw

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
omgomgomg

How do they look?

not bad...a little deflated, but open :)

we'll see how they look in an hour or so when the temp equilibrates...

they were still open when i put them in. surprised they're not less thrilled, considering the temp dropped 12* in the last 45 minutes.

heading back to work, though...we'll see how happy they are when i get home tonight.

grats on the additions.

thanks!

I have to say, from what little I've been able to see of it, this one:

010609-277.jpg

looks freaking AMAZING. Column is peachy-orange with steel blue verrucae, along with the crazy kaleidoscope oral disk/tentacles.

Other one looks just like my red guy, but redder column and instead of being bumpy, it's striped.

:unsure: so i guess you guys are waitin on pichers?

o...ok.......

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

o...you wanted pichers of the new ones?

:P

red one...memory card filled up before i got many of it:

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

and kaleidoscope:

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

and a couple with flash so you can see the column:

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

omgomgomg

you obviously picked the good A. equina - the one I got has no blue verrucae :mellow:

and everything looks great. :D Yeah, I think these intertidal nems couldn't care less about temperature changes. They were supposedly keeping the equinas at tropical temps - mine was 64 when it got here, and I just dumped it straight into the tank - no problems. :P Just a surge of fresh water after being kept in a particularly warm tidepool.

omgomgomg

you obviously picked the good A. equina - the one I got has no blue verrucae :mellow:

and everything looks great. :D Yeah, I think these intertidal nems couldn't care less about temperature changes. They were supposedly keeping the equinas at tropical temps - mine was 64 when it got here, and I just dumped it straight into the tank - no problems. :P Just a surge of fresh water after being kept in a particularly warm tidepool.

it is a horrible guessing game they have...wish they'd show pics of the columns and stuff in divers den too. but hey...i wont complain :D

they didn't mind the temp difference at all - 72* in the bag, 60* in the tank. I let them float for 45 minutes or so, and they stayed open the whole time until I poked them getting them out of the bag. They were half open again before I could walk out the door. Pretty amazing :D

on the "still needs convinced of the ID for some of these darn nems" front...solid red one has no verrucae - very smooth with subtle stripes from foot to tentacles. kaleidoscope has very apparent verrucae, very similar to my old red nem, but grey on the outside with a blue dot in the middle. dunno if that makes any difference, but it's interesting to note at least.

kingwintergreen
on the "still needs convinced of the ID for some of these darn nems" front...solid red one has no verrucae - very smooth with subtle stripes from foot to tentacles. kaleidoscope has very apparent verrucae, very similar to my old red nem, but grey on the outside with a blue dot in the middle. dunno if that makes any difference, but it's interesting to note at least.

hey, those are pretty nice.

what were they listed as?

holy shizzle, those are nice.

and MUCH nicer in person ;)

both ate like pigs tonight on cyclopeeze. seems they wouldnt mind if i'd tossed in some mysis or silverside pieces for them. kaleidoscope had all its tentacles shoved in its mouth stuffing cycloppeze in as fast as possible.

also, confirmed ID on the new red guy - definitely A. equina. When it was feeding, I noticed it had blue spots between each tentacle, and bright blue acrorhagi = A. equina :)

• 1 month later...

Archived