IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7936.jpg

Tank specs (not that anyone cares about that part):

40g breeder

flow provided by quiet one 2200 on closed loop through 1/5 hp chiller

CL intake 1.5", 2 output returns 3/4"

3" of styro on back and sides

5" of styro on bottom

150 lbs of river rock, 25 lbs of rock from Vinalhaven, Maine shoreline.

Woo hoo! But I think you need some larger anemones - Urts or something. I didn't even notice the strawberries in the FTS, lol.

And btw, batch RAW processing is for noobs - one at a time is where it's at. B)

its not photoshop thats slowin me down...its all the raw processing...i had 250 images on the card :P

Is that the card ya dropped in the waterfall?? :huh:

:lol:

Great shots as always D!

And I knew you wouldn't be processing pichers in the bathroom.......( he's always wanted a bathroom tank! )

:P Don't let A read that......

Nice tank D!

B)

Woo hoo! But I think you need some larger anemones - Urts or something. I didn't even notice the strawberries in the FTS, lol.

And btw, batch RAW processing is for noobs - one at a time is where it's at. B)

I agree :) I'm sending a price request to GOM Monday, and then I'll decide between getting stock from them or Foreshores. I need a nice fish in there too...something that swims around, but I'm a little scared to drop so much $$ on a fish from liveaquaria yet.

who said anything about batch processing? I changed settings individually, but did a batch save to tiff while I went off to lunch :)

Great pics D, but we need more macros, kthx.

lol...never satisfied

Is that the card ya dropped in the waterfall?? :huh:

Great shots as always D!

And I knew you wouldn't be processing pichers in the bathroom.......( he's always wanted a bathroom tank! )

:P Don't let A read that......

Nice tank D!

B)

:lol: no, different card, but it IS the card reader I dropped in the waterfall -_-

A won't let me have a bathroom tank anymore. The little pest tank got taken down after the orange ball nem ate the crabs...and even ate the majanos.

Thanks Richie :)

That is quite a lot of rock.

Hand it over. I'm waiting...

looks nice, D

and ditto, get the shaws.

lol...yeah, but I had to cover the bottom and give the tank some relief. There are 3 pieces in there about 20 lbs each underneath the pretty stuff to make the basic structure, and then piled up everything else as stable and natural looking as I could get it.

OMG - I completely forgot about sending you one of those!! Will week after this work? Speaking of those...I found the baby again, which was lost in the rocks in the 10g for a while. He's now out and looking nice in the 40g - probably four of his size would fit on a dime.

The strawberries have attached everywhere. The orange ones have quadrupled in number, the pink and cream ones have colonized about 10 new rocks. I found 20 or so stuck to the glass underneath rocks in the 10g and had to scrape them off and toss them in the new tank. :)

excellent.

:imagine picture of Mr. Burns here, I'm too lazy to attach one:

Yeah, next week would be fine. :)

great - now dont let me forget :)

omg, your tank is so awesome, i LOVE the coldwater look, like something out of a zoo!

and the nems are SWEET!

i iz jealous...

Thanks dahlia :)

_MG_7976.jpg

_MG_7987.jpg

_MG_7989.jpg

_MG_7992.jpg

_MG_7993.jpg

_MG_7995.jpg

_MG_7996.jpg

_MG_7997.jpg

_MG_8000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
AND HE'S OFF!!!

_MG_7989.jpg

BYE LITTLE NEM!!! HOPE YOU LIKE JAMIE'S FISHEY TANK :)

:o

Happy trails and a safe journey to Jamies!

:happy:

I hope he likes it too! Should I put him in the surge or the not surge part?

he likes high flow, so i'd go with the surge. he'll wander around a lot until he's happy (and then he'll sometimes wander around to make sure he liked that spot best). I've been feeding him mysis and cyclopeeze, and he'll gobble down an entire cube of mysis at a time if you let him.

he likes high flow, so i'd go with the surge. he'll wander around a lot until he's happy (and then he'll sometimes wander around to make sure he liked that spot best). I've been feeding him mysis and cyclopeeze, and he'll gobble down an entire cube of mysis at a time if you let him.

:o I guess I'll need to up my feedings then. :lol:

lol...i missed that earlier

He's delivered!! Hopefully all is well :scarry:

All is. :D

• 1 month later...
Any updates? :flower:

...no...

:P

ok, so i got diatoms for a month, they are going away. strawberries started splitting, tiny red nem walked off and returned. one of the strawberry colonies got some cw hair algae, but it doesnt spread like tropical hair algae. thats it. i'll take pics after i get macro lens.

i'll take pics after i get macro lens.

Shiiiii.... might as well close the thread now. :P

I still haven't gotten around to testing my chiller..

Archived