Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dshnarw COLDWATER

dshnarw

cool stuff. My guess would that he will eat all your snails. fortunately for you, I have chitons I need to get rid of! Actually, it'll probably eat those too, but you can have them anyway. Also getting ready to send Jim your way... the snow clear up yet?

omgomgomg CHITONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snow is clear enough that we're back to normal finally. Your mom going to bring him?

Hopefully the snail is still small and won't need much food at first. if he goes nuts, i'll just set up the old 10g as a QT tank and he'll go in there. Still waiting to hear from the guy on whether he'll have it at the meeting.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on my experience with wrinkled dogwinkles (I love that name), which stay under an inch or two and also eat shellfish, it'll go through food faster than expected. Either way, I hope the guy brings it for you, because it'll be really cool! I found a 8-10 inch one on my certification dives - very strange looking creatures indeed.

Well, I don't know if my mom will bring it. She doesn't really want to get stopped at the airport, and I don't know how he'll fare going through one of those massive x-ray machines. I've brought shrimp on airplanes before, but never fish. Also, my mom is really prone to having her luggage lost, so it might be safer to ship.

Based on my experience with wrinkled dogwinkles (I love that name), which stay under an inch or two and also eat shellfish, it'll go through food faster than expected. Either way, I hope the guy brings it for you, because it'll be really cool! I found a 8-10 inch one on my certification dives - very strange looking creatures indeed.

Well, I don't know if my mom will bring it. She doesn't really want to get stopped at the airport, and I don't know how he'll fare going through one of those massive x-ray machines. I've brought shrimp on airplanes before, but never fish. Also, my mom is really prone to having her luggage lost, so it might be safer to ship.

well, guy didn't show up with the moon snail :( maybe he'll be in the area and bring it by at some point.

did get 3 abalone at the club meeting. 2 very healthy in appearance at least, 1 with a bit of a rip on it's mantle, but was moving about pretty well, didn't seem upset by it. they're now in the tank...sort of. they're still stuck to the bucket they came in, but i'm waiting for them to crawl out. they're harder than mini carpets to move.

also met paul b from reef central. he was the speaker at the meeting. lives in new york, and uses a lot of unconventional methods on his tanks. does a lot of local collecting - mostly for tropicals coming up the gulf stream. we're going to get together for a collecting trip this summer for some of the local temperate species (basically, i'm offering to clean his boat hull).

whatever you guys decide to do, let me know. if you're going to ship, i'll send you some $$ to cover the costs. re: x ray machines at the airports - the radiation dose is similar to that of a week in the sun. pretty much harmless to anything but film.

aw, that's too bad. :( Collecting trip sounds awesome though. I always assumed that the xray machines were really powerful because of all the warnings, but I guess they have litigations to deal with if they don't post anything. I'll talk to my mom and see what she says. I'm not sure if a box is more likely to be lost shipping, or in an airport. What do you think?

aw, that's too bad. :( Collecting trip sounds awesome though. I always assumed that the xray machines were really powerful because of all the warnings, but I guess they have litigations to deal with if they don't post anything. I'll talk to my mom and see what she says. I'm not sure if a box is more likely to be lost shipping, or in an airport. What do you think?

Probably a wash on lost packaging. I guess I usually feel a bit safer with the airport, since I see the box more often, but I would guess their lost luggage rates are higher than UPS or FEDEX lost packages.

Someone needs to buy this so they stop tempting me: http://liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDispl...&ddid=82839

Archived