Coral Vue Hydros

Colgan10's Biocube to 180g reef NEW PICS

colgan10

Im actually ussing a #3 and a #1 now , its all about positioning them in relation to your rockwork , I kind of point mine at each other to " waste " some of the harder flow flow from the # 3 and it seems to creates a more random chaotic flow ...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i agree i had a clam but my friend really wanted it and i gave it to her about a month ago i just can decide what kind and color form i want to get?

Hey John,

Your tank is amazing...I an terribly impressed with how healthy EVERYTHING looks...What is that AMAZING lavendar Acro. The very first acro pictured between your zoanthid pictures and the two shots of the toadstool? That is beautiful....

As for flow, I have about 4260 GPH in my 75 gallon tank...for easier to compare reference, I'm turning it around almost 57 times an hour....and everything loves that....I need to get a wavemaker though....

Thank you all so much for the nice feedback, it means alot! Your too nice david!

Mitch, everything is doing great and the corals i got from you continue to impress me everyday. I think i'm going to add some more flow i feel like i don't have enough right now.

The coral you are talking about is some kind of ORA acro, it is one of my favorites it is lavender with green polyps but around the base it is a pearl color i picked it up as soon as it entered the lfs i go to. I wish i could find the name of it, but i have had trouble finding out what is is exactly. you can really see how green the polyps are in the picture of the ORA pink milli its in the background. How is your tank doing by the way? I can not wait for the tricolor to just take off! I can't believe how many polyps its got since i got it from you and its starting to send shoots up it is directly under the 14k and i think it loves it thanks so much for that little treat! Let me know if you get the urge to frag again!

Ok I have been wanting to add one of these for a long time and after a ton of debating and research i decided to give it a shot! My new RBTA

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

I really hope it will host my black clowns. I know that this is not found in nature but i have red that people have had success doing this. I have posted a picture of clowns in anemones on the outside of the tank which i have read help people become successful in doing this. I just don't know if they will give up that red monti cap! hahaha

RBTA still hasn't moved an at all since i got him. Today he was fully extended and i have been making sure he is fed i really love this new addition to add alittle movement to my sps tank. Clowns are still hosting the cap :angry:

nice set up colgan!i liked the way your rock work and the location of RBTA is perfect.

i hope it won't move.i too have an rbta in my 30g 15"big.

I have the nanotuners 150w in the hood mod with a phoenix 14k and two pc actinic. and i think it is the ice cap electronic ballast? Not for sure on the ballast tho?

I love the colors of the phoenix 14k. I had a 21k megachrome at first but it was extremely blue. The picture on here are a ton more blue than the rank really is. I can't figure out why they come out so blue. The tank has a really nice blueish white tint to it, but not to blue. I really like this bulb and the green slimmer has just exploded with growth since i went to it. The pictures really come out a ton bluer tho, which upsets me but i'm horrible with cameras :D

Scott Riemer
I love the colors of the phoenix 14k. I had a 21k megachrome at first but it was extremely blue. The picture on here are a ton more blue than the rank really is. I can't figure out why they come out so blue. The tank has a really nice blueish white tint to it, but not to blue. I really like this bulb and the green slimmer has just exploded with growth since i went to it. The picture really come out a ton bluer tho, which upsets me but i'm horrible with cameras :D

Cool. Just asking because I have a Sunpod on the way that currently has a 20k XM bulb. I ordered a 14K Phoenix based on what I've read. Sounds like I will not be disappointed. Thanks.

Yea i did the same think started with the megachrome and then read so much good things about the phoenix and let me tell you it was really worth it. You will love it!

Here is just an updated FTS and some pictures of my little sexy and bumblebee bee shrimp! They are all so awesome little creatures!

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

I wish you could see the bumblebee dance they are so funny.

yea he is really pink not much white at all the base is actually pale green. He is under a 150 mh so i hope that is good lighting, it hasn't moved since i got it the picture just doesn't do it justice!

Archived