inTank Media Baskets

Colgan10's Biocube to 180g reef NEW PICS

colgan10

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forgot to say the flasher wrasse is an amazing fish i would highly recommend one, and the pair of black occelaris clowns are gone a friend really wanted that pair so i hooked her up with them i am looking for a pair of picasso's anyway so it really didn't bother me.

The coral on the other had is growing out quite nicely. and some of the creap little brown frags that were givin to me from a lfs are starting to turn colors one is turning blue and the other is turning purple so it looks like they are going to be a cool little gift!

RBTA still is in the exact place i placed it about three weeks ago and is doing awesome it even is starting to get more pink than when i first got. Well that's about all that is going on in the tank. Hopefully someday i can get a picture of the watchman and pistol shrimp together i'll keep trying?

yea they are awesome little fish and i don't know why more people don't have them they are a great colorful fish with a ton of personality!

well i ordered a ecotech mp 20 today and it should be in sometime next week i CAN'T wait! I have wanted one of these little bad boys for awhile and i can't wait to see it in action i'll post pictures when it get wet!

Also, i picked up a huge pice of blue acro it is a beautiful piece and it really adds a nice color change to the tank i'll get a picture of it when the lights are on tomorrow.

Also picked up a female flasher wrasse for the male and she is so pretty more yellow than the male and she has a blue tail! I will get up picks tomorrow morning because pictures are worth 1000 words. well that's it check it out tomorrow please!

John, Your tank is looking amazing...it was nice seeing some familiar frags here and there in the background of your pics..I just love it when little brown freebie frags start turning nice colors....makes ya remember why even the ugly ones are worth care...

I have a piece of Appleberry Monti that was TOTALLY brown for over 5 months, then started slowly coloring up....now it's a right pretty exmple...

Once the Ecotech mp 20 gets in i'll post a movie of it to show if i can get any kind of wave in my tank. i can't wait for it to get in and see what it is able to do. If anyone has any experience with they pumps i would love to hear about it.

Ok quick update of the craziness! You know how i started this tread saying i lost my tank to a power outage for a wind storm back in Sept. well if you haven't seen on the news louisville was hit hard by a huge snow storm and i woke up this morning to no power!!!!!! So I was not about to lose my tank again to the lack of power so I had to break down my tank and I moved it to my sisters house down the rd from where i live since she hasn't lost power YET! Everything is looking fine and great so i don't think i will have any loss from the move, but just hopefully my sisters plave WILL NOT lose power too! So far so good tho!

Thank you for the nice comments ash and ando! The mh upgrade was probally the best they i have ever done for my tank so i would highly recommend it!

Ok so say a prayer that my sisters place power doesn't go out! I'll keep you posted and i'll post a video of the mp 20 tomorrow it was to crazy to do today

oh yea POWER OUTAGES BLOW!!!!

Angel20Emoticon20Praying.gif

All will be fine bro... I have faith!!! -_-

+1...say an extra prayer and let everything stabilize a few days before you even CONSIDER moving it back...the corals want stability after that stress....any idea how long the power was out? How was the temp? I would figure as long as it didn't take a big temp swing all should be fine....but, again, don't move it back too soon....

no I'm not going to move it at least for a month....the power went off around 7:45 am and i moved the tank to my sisters around 12:30, my lights don't turn on tho till 12 on the regular photoperiod....so they didn't miss any light.....the temp got down to 73 degrees......Everything was looking really good when the lights went off tonight so I'm pretty sure that nothing will be lost.

I am not going to move the tank back to my house for at least a couple of weeks to a month that way all the corals are adjusted again i don't want to stress them out to bad, plus they are projecting that we won't get power back until at least a week so i wouldn't be able to move it back home anyway. Thanks for the advice.

That sounds like a great plan to me....I just really hate to think of two moves close together...these stupid critters just get all in a frenzy with any little disruption in their routines...I just hat to imagine two stresses close together...

I had no idea y'all had such a storm until I read your post...my Mother-In-Law lives in Louisville too...My Bride just called and left a message for her...don't think she really registered on the fact that I was telling her that the storm had hit there with quite so much of a wallop....

Glad to hear that all the corals and fish looked good today...I'm amazed that you were able to scoop your tank up and go with it!!! You must be like The Incredible Hulk or something!!! I'm impressed....

lol.....no i was just a man on a mission to not lose anything this time!

did you mother-in-law lose power too? yea i haven't had school since tuesday so that's the only thing that has been nice

Hey Colgan, great tank you've got going there, just need to avoid those power outages! Might be worth buying a backup for the future. I have to ask you, how do the flasher wrasse and your gold stripe get along? I've had my eye on a flasher wrasse for a while, but I really don't know very much about their behaviors. I know they're "peaceful" fish, but I wouldn't want to get one and have it get bullied by my gold stripe clown. Also, be ready for that mp20 to blow you away. Great pumps, you won't regret it for a second. Just make sure you keep an eye on your RBTA when the flow changes that dramatically. You'll really notice it creating novel currents and might give the nem an excuse to pick up and move. They come with a mesh screen you might want to employ for a few weeks until things settle in a bit. Reef Crest Random mode is awesome!

Good luck, and keep it coming!

Hey Colgan, this is Basser1! Glad to see you are surviving the power outage so far. I'm in Evansville, IN, about an hour and a half due west of Louisville. We really got socked with ice and snow! My house lost power at 2:15 a.m. and didn't come back on 'til 3:00 p.m.. The temps in my house got down to 54 degress. I had my BC29 wrapped in blankets. But my biggest concern was lack of oxygen. I managed to drive my sons' Jeep to the corner Walmart and bought 2 battery operated pumps they had in their sporting goods section. I was really impressed with how much air they put out! When I got home, the wife had brought in the camping stove and took out 4 gallons of tank water and warmed it up to about 80 degrees and I poured it back in.

Then, sometime during the night, the power went out again at about 3:30 in the morning! So I get up and got out the blankets again and hooked up the battery air pumps. When I woke up, the house temps had already dropped down to 64. Power stayed off until around 11:00 a.m.. So far the power has managed to stay on. So far, the only casualty I've had was my Yellow Assessor. The corals, inverts, clam, and other fish look fine. The things we do for this hobby!

Dunno if Gram lost power or not, my Bride hasn't gotten a call back from her yet...no answer when she called, so I figure they may have lost power and gone to hang with somebody til stuff gets back to normal...

I lived in Omaha for 5 years and said I never wanted to live where it gets nasty cold again...We had 3 of 5 winters living there where over two weeks the temps never got UP to 0!!! I hate wind chills below -70...that just hurts to go out in....Florida winters are enough for me!!!!

Still no power at my house but everything looks GREAT at my sister's house, i'm getting worried tho, because i don't know if she is going to ever let me move it back!

My flasher wrasses do great with the gold stripe, the only time it shows any aggression is when they get right next to the bubble tip, but even my brother was like i thought those fish were supposed to be aggressive. He is actually really peaceful towards his tank mates and just stays in his home. So I wouldn't see you having a problem, unless i just have an unusually peaceful one.

Basser1, i know exactly where Evansville is not far at all i'm glad to hear you didn't have any invert losses, since your tank is probably my favorite and one of the reasons i joined nano-reef since i saw your tank when it was tank of the month. Hope your power stays ON!

lakshwadeep thank you! I love sps corals so these are my pride and joy i just love watching them grow....I can thank Mitch for some of my impressive pieces he is the man with all the best happy coral frags!

That is so true Mitch i hate worrying about losing power durning ice storms, but dont forget you have to worry about all thos hurricanes!

I really like the tank Colgan. Very nice selection in livestock. I see you have the nanotuners/nanocustoms modified hood. I read that you give it a ton of praise, but how is your water temperature? Does the enclosed hood cause temps to push into he 80s much? I live in California, but my neighborhood says pretty cool year round. In the summer it can get into the 90s on some days but my house still stays fairly cool. I want to eventually upgrade the lighting but Im still on the fence with getting a Sunpod 150w or keeping my hood and sending it in to nanotuners for the mod. Change in water temperature is my main concern.

Archived