ReefCleaners.org

Colgan10's Biocube to 180g reef NEW PICS

colgan10

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have sand/substrate blowing all over the reef once you put it in? I moved my powerhead to the left side (underneath the return pump) and its blowing the sand all over the place. Its just too much I guess. Looking at the front of the display, there is almost nothing left on the front left corner.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no not really but my bed was older and settled more, but it does get moved around alot by the pistol shrimp so i don't think that should be a problem the mp is pretty much at the top of the tank anyway and it creates a nice undertoe!

Looked, but could not find.... Just picked up my MP20 and was wondering what wall thickness your using? I thought it was 1/4" but cannot find anything to support this.

yea i think i used the 1/4th setting on my mp 20. Well guys I'm going to Hawaii on Friday for a dive trip. I'm staying on a Live aboard and will be diving all day everyday! I can't wait to be in the ocean again! I'll be sure to take tons of dive pictures and post some! I'll just have to resist the urge to do some fragging lol!!!! J/K

You bite....I would love to dive in Hawaii, but alas, I live in Florida and cannot afford to dive here!!!

I have all my own gear, and my wife does too, but the tanks need VIP, one needs Hydro and my BC has a bad LP inflator hose...and those expenses have us land locked for now....sux....

I hate being jealous..and because of that I don't like you very much right now. j/k...have fun in Hawaii and don't forget to post pics when you get back.

BTW...I ordered my MP20 today...can't wait to get it in.

AWESOME glad you decided to get the mp, you WONT be disappointed!

That sucks your gear needs repair, I Love diving and seeing everything in there natural habitat! I will post pictures from the trip when i get back I'm going to be a kid in a candy store!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see another reef addict in the Ville. I Just set up my first saltwater tank a little over a month ago and am already super addicted!!! It's a 29 gallon biocube. I hope it looks as good as yours eventually. Your tank is beautiful!

• 1 month later...

I know that i have totally neglected posting anything on here in awhile, i was gone for awhile and then i've had finals out the ass, but i'll be done on thursday and will post some pics this weekend! I got some new zoa frags in today which look great and i have a different reef scape and a ton of new growth the 250mh w/ the mp 20 is def doing the trick.....pics to come

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i haven't been able to add any pictures or videos on here in a long time, dental school finals are crazy and i just haven't been able too, but here you go.

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00437-1.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

and here is a movie the grow out in this tank has really amazed me.

th_MOV00439.jpg

I am so glad to see the Superman and the Confusa growing like crazy!!!!I think I saw the Blue tort in there as well....I lost the mother colony of it, and am trying to grow out a single little tiny limb...we will sww how it ends up, I may end up having to buy a frag back from you!!!!

AND< I jst noticed how much growth you have on that tiny little piece of the Tri-color and the green birdsnest as well!!!!

yea mitch your corals i got from you are growing like crazy! and let me know if you need a frag of the tort...it's still pretty small but just recently just started taking off like crazy! The tri color is starting to color back up, I had to move it from its spot because the green slimmer started getting to big. The birdnest is growing like a weed probally tripled in size!

Let the tort grow and get big, then if I still need some I will see if ya want to frag it...I am really tickled to see how well your tank is doing....

Thanks mitch! I think i want to get into all these chalices i have been seeing in your tank!

Foo, where are you from in Ky...I live in Louisville.

for got to mention that i now have in my third chamber i have cheato growing with a full spectrum pc over the third chamber. I only run my protein skimmer every once in awhile because it's loud. My everything is still reading zero and i can see pods everywhere in the third chamber they love the cheato!

Thanks David, man i have been checking up on here all the time! I just have been mia, i'll keep up with it better now that it is summer! Thanks so much!

Amazing to see the pods that come with a properly thriving fuge...I need to reseed my pod population, but I think I had a hatch going on a few nights ago, there were things popping out of the return and getting scarfed right up...I am pretty sure it was big ole' pods....

Hey Colgan, I've been following your thread since January... and I wanted to let you know how amazing your tank is :) Oddly enough, I have very similar equipment in my 29 gallon Biocube as well. Anyhow, keep up the good work, look forward to seeing some pictures in the future

I would bet if Colgan10 had to pick one variable that contributres MOST to his success, it would be STABILITY....temp, params, lighting, etc....everything is stable.....

Mitch you hit it square on! I think stability is the most important thing by far and everyone on here that has success that I have noticed is anal about keeping parameters in check! If you do that and give everything time nature will takes it's course.

6264, Thank you so much you have no idea how much it means to me when people enjoy my tank! I really appreciate the kind words, and I hope your tank is doing great as well!

Archived