Cultivated Reef

Colgan10's Biocube to 180g reef NEW PICS

colgan10

Yea east end aquatics went out of business, another good reef store is greentree pet center.....its by the bass pro shop......you can get cheato exotic reefs and pets they always have a ton, but i might have some extra that i could give you i'm out of town right now and will be back in town on monday i'll pm you when i get back and see how much i have!

Sorry about no pictures yet i have been out of town and i can't find my damn cord to put pictures on the computer, but wait to you see this 75g its loaded with stuff, and i picked up a reactor, co2 tank, gauge, ph probe, and monitor today from spanky so i can't wait to get it up on the tank.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply. Thats sad about East End Aquatics. I went there once to look at fish for my freshwater planted-lots of Amano inspired aquascapes. I forgot about it because at the time I didn't have BC. Thanks for offering some cheato, it would be great if it isn't too much trouble. Don"t have any thing grown out enough to frag yet-also I don't yet know how to frag anything. If you have any frags you want to sell though let me know. I have plenty of room in the cube! Plus you need to fund that 75 lol! Local pickup is a super cheap compared to having something shipped in. Thanks again :D

Thanks that monti is one of my favorites ok here are some pictures of the 75g, but they are taken with my iphone! They still came out really good. Here is the long awaited updated pictures the biocube is no more!

photo.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-11.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-8.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the tank is doing so great and the refugium is loaded i mean loaded with pods this tank is doing awesome i love it....more pictures of the hood that i made to come!

Thanks man I'm so happy with the way this tank came out this should last me for alittle while till my next tank upgrade!

HOLY MOLY BRO!!! :o

You weren't kidding!!! It really DID turn out amazing!!! Well worth the wait for pics! ;)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

• 7 months later...

John graduated and went overseas somewhere. He broke down and got out before he went.

That's what I believe I heard from him before he left.

• 1 month later...

I'm back i have been gone for quite some time, but did keep my tank up and running it was a task and had to make it very self sufficient. I added a ato and a calcium reactor. the tank has grown a ton since the old pictures i have up here pictures to come sometime tomorrow. It feels good to be back on here!

Ok some back ground info. I have recently got my hands on my friends 180g tank he is moving an i just couldn't pass it up. I won't have that tank set up till around july or aug, because he is still at his house and trying to sell the stuff that i didn't need/want. I did take one of his tangs the sohal, it was small and i felt like it would be fine for a month or so in my tank and he is a model citizen so that's good. I know many of you are going to freak out when you see my juvi emperor, my buddy that has the 180 has a full adult in his reef tank and he has had no problem with it they are hit or miss and i have done PLENTY of research on them. i've had mine for about two months now it was the size of a dime when i got it. He has not touched my corals. I have given to the fact that if he eats my zoas i don't care since i don't have any rare or cool ones. They are safe for sps and if feed well they won't touch lps usually i guess we will see. well pictures and movies will be up in about an hour.

here are the pictures and movie

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

better view of Mitch's tricolor little frag that is now a colony!

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

My two very large acro colonies started as frags and are now huge you can see the slimmer from my beginning pictures if you look back in the cube pics

DSC00685.jpg

yellow and green maxi's with pom pom island

DSC00686.jpg

Milli bridge

DSC00687.jpg

Side view

DSC00688.jpg

Side view of monti piller....i have started electric blue with purple polyps and electric green (picture does no justice to how vibrant these branching monti's are

DSC00690.jpg

close up of steve

DSC00691.jpg

close up of baby caesar like i said i know they are not "reef safe" but it can be done i've seen it

DSC00694.jpg

ato and ph control for reactor

DSC00696.jpg

the pixie stick grower

THE MOVIE

th_MOV00693.jpg

Way nice....how long were you away? Where did you go?

Tank looks wonderful.....I think I recognize a few pieces if I'm not mistaken....

What the name and size of the Protein Skimmer that you are using on your tank?

I have just setup a AGA 75RR two weeks ago and I want my tank to look as good as your tank.

Hey mitch, yea def still have some your your corals i lost the superman to monti nudi's tho which really upset me! Let me know when your fraggin anything!

Adam, I use a red sea 250 modified with a different pump i can't think of the pump off the top of my head i'll have to check when i get back home. it really pulls the junk out! it's rated for a 250 gallon tank lol. Thanks for the kind words it honestly takes time just to let everything grow in time is the key to reefing, and i found calcium alk and mag to be the most important to keep constant!

• 1 year later...

Well this is my not so nano 180 gallon i have now. Here is a video.

th_MOV00736.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well on here. I just have been crazy busy with dental school and keeping my reef up and running.

• 2 years later...

Archived