Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Colgan10's Biocube to 180g reef NEW PICS

colgan10

for got to mention that i now have in my third chamber i have cheato growing with a full spectrum pc over the third chamber. I only run my protein skimmer every once in awhile because it's loud. My everything is still reading zero and i can see pods everywhere in the third chamber they love the cheato!

This sounds really cool. You think you could put up some pictures of the setup? What kind of light did you put in there?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea here are some pictures its a corallife pc marine fixture the smallest one they make and it fits quite nicely if you have an open top.

DSC00451.jpg

it's cool if the cheato is in the third chamber because you can peak through the min max window and see pods everywhere.

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

yea the rock that is slanted up on the right side of the tank is going to be a zoa rock with all kids of different zoas i started adding to it already so just let thos grow out and add different kinds of zoas as i find some that i like. I also am going to add more clams, but only odd colored ones green and black, black and white, and blue and gold, but i have a feeling it is going to take some time to find the ones i love. I also want to get some chalices for the sand bed. Mostly just going to let everything continue to grow out and really fill in the space. If i see some sps coral or two that i absolutely love i have a couple spots i left open for them, but my tank is starting to become pretty full. I also plan of changing up the fish i have in my tank with some different ones, but just can decide what i want yet????

Hey man...good to see you posting again...

How are you keeping the Chaeto out of your return pump?

Your tank is still looking very nice!

Mark

ha, you know i didn't even think of that? it hasn't been a problem at all yet because i keep my water level really high, but might need to devise something. the chaeto stays at the top of the water level for now kinda wedge in there so i haven't had any problem with that yet i have a maxijet 1200 for my return pump and the intake is all the way on the bottom facing downward, so so far that hasn't been an issue, i might need to make some kind of screen or crate or something tho in the future.

I've also noticed with out the sponge between the second and third chamber the water flows upward pretty fast through that opening which i think keeps the chaeto at the top.

• 3 weeks later...
akabryanhall

Just dropping by to show your thread some love!! Hadn't posted on it in a while. Everything going well?

Thanks, yea everything is going great. Well a reef store in town that was a really good one is going out of business and he is selling everything in his store for 70 to 80% off. Anyway i picked up a 75g reef ready tank with the stand, 30g sump, protein skimmer, pump, and hang on the back refugium for $400 can you believe that!!!! I'm so happy, my bro got a aquamedic 48inch 2X250w and 1X150w fixture for 300 hundred god i wish i would of got there before the live rock was gone but i'm not going to complain!

davidr2340
Thanks, yea everything is going great. Well a reef store in town that was a really good one is going out of business and he is selling everything in his store for 70 to 80% off. Anyway i picked up a 75g reef ready tank with the stand, 30g sump, protein skimmer, pump, and hang on the back refugium for $400 can you believe that!!!! I'm so happy, my bro got a aquamedic 48inch 2X250w and 1X150w fixture for 300 hundred god i wish i would of got there before the live rock was gone but i'm not going to complain!

:happydance: NEW TANK BRO!!! Congrats on the deal!!!

Man, I can't wait to see what the hell you can do with a large tank bro! :o Should be amazing to watch!

akabryanhall

Helluva deal, well a couple of them to be sure. Are you going to transfer your biocube into it or start fresh? If you transfer, what will you do with your biocube? Seahorse tank, fuzzy dwarf pair or golden moray? :D

HAHA :lol: Thanks guys so much yea should be interesting to watch for sure i'm really excited to try a bigger tank and really create a cool aquascape with some cool fish, i'm pumped, but i sad because i know how i am and i'm going to have to drop some coin, but oh well it will be fun! :happydance: I have no clue what to do with the biocube i will more than likely transfer the coral to the 75, but will have to think of something creative to do in the cube i was thinking of some garden eels mixed with a Napoleon Wrasse what do you guys think hahaha i always think of great ideas at three in the morning after drinking heavily.

OMG...75 gallons of wallet draining madness.

Do you have your MP40s ordered for it yet? LOL...I know you'll have at least one in there.

Keep that 29 going!!!!

akabryanhall

I think a garden eel tank would be awqesome, the sand would come half way up the glass, the cube should be big enough for a few of them, but the more you have the less room you have for the wrasse, no more than 2, 3 or 4

just took so new quick photos....been working on the 75g should be up and running w/o livestock in a couple of weeks!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

What type of ballast, and what bulb are you running? I like the colors!

I'm digging that red/fire monti. Let me know if you want to swap some frags in the future :)

• 2 weeks later...

The 75 gal is up and running with my coral in it, and no fish. The tank really came out amazing i'm really happy the way it looks with everything in it. If i could find the stupid cord to hook up my camera i will post pictures.

The 75 gal is up and running with my coral in it, and no fish. The tank really came out amazing i'm really happy the way it looks with everything in it. If i could find the stupid cord to hook up my camera i will post pictures.

omgomgomg

HURRY!!! We need to see it!!! :lol:

B)

+1 on getting the pics up

you wanted me to let you know how like the new bulb. I love the evc 20k! crisp violet color on a magnetic ballast.

Thanks i think i might just go with a 2 250 Phoenix 14k bulbs, I really am going to get the pictures up i can't find this damn cord that hooks my camera up to the computer they should be up by tomorrow night hopefully!

Thanks i think i might just go with a 2 250 Phoenix 14k bulbs, I really am going to get the pictures up i can't find this damn cord that hooks my camera up to the computer they should be up by tomorrow night hopefully!

omgomgomg CURSE YOU FOR MAKIN' ME WAIT!!! :lol:

;)

sorry guys that i STILL haven't posted pictures of the new 75g.....i'm and a bad nano-reefer! It's finals week here in dental school so hopefully i'll have some free time tomorrow!!!!! I am very very very happy with the way it is turning out and i haven't even really done much i think it is going to be a quite impressive reef when i get it the way i like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I"ve been following you're thread and your tank is so nice. Which reef store went out of business in town? The only ones I knew that were even around were Sandy's and Aquatica. Know anywhere around here to get some cheato :) ? Still a newb and I tried Sandy's and they weren't carrying it. Can't wait to see the 75!

Archived