Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The ORA thread

glennr1978

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once had a fancy black frag plug but when I put it in my tank my dog got pregnant and my cat got fleas, the car developed hesitation and work extended my hours....I have tried to avoid them every since.... :lol:

Since this is the anything ORA thread now, I have a question for you guys! How does the Chips Acro grow for you? Mine just encrusts like crazy, hardly branches. Anybody else experiencing that with the Chips? Maybe it's because mine didn't come on a black plug... ;) Anyway, here's a pic to show what it's doing in my tank.

When I put it in the tank:

019-1.jpg

Current:

077.jpg

I once had a fancy black frag plug but when I put it in my tank my dog got pregnant and my cat got fleas, the car developed hesitation and work extended my hours....I have tried to avoid them every since.... :lol:

LOL! And yeah, straight from ORA or not, as long as it's a frag from one that was, somewhere back in the lineage, it's still an ORA such-and-such. It's accepted with GARFs, Tyrees, and so on, why not ORA?

LOL! And yeah, straight from ORA or not, as long as it's a frag from one that was, somewhere back in the lineage, it's still an ORA such-and-such. It's accepted with GARFs, Tyrees, and so on, why not ORA?

Because ORA will threaten to send their legal team after you if you do it....Just ask Propagator....he had a run-in with them...I guess they have a CEO named Dustin Dingleberry who gets real pricky about owning the name and he wants all the money....

Oh, and I just wanted to say...Did someone say Chesterfield....That's mine in the lower right corner...

Monticonfusa3.jpg

I dunno, it just kept getting brighter and brighter until it turned into THAT!!! I don't have any other good recent pictures, but this one is from a few weeks ago:

CIMG1211.jpg

I have no idea how that keeps happening...I mean I get a coral, put it in my tank and just watch AMAZING colors develop out of them...I think something is wrong with my tank!!! :P

someone say chesterfield? Someone say Skunk weed?

DSCF1572.jpg

This thing looks smokeable. Makes me want to dig out my old bong !! :o Just saying !

Monkfish Can I get a concurrance? :D

Because ORA will threaten to send their legal team after you if you do it....Just ask Propagator....he had a run-in with them...I guess they have a CEO named Dustin Dingleberry who gets real pricky about owning the name and he wants all the money....

Same dingleberry that's taking forever to let my LFS owner know if he'll give us some Picassoes this time around or not? Hehe.

Same coral w/ flash and acro crab.

DSC01635.jpg

Glen you lucky SOB! Send me your acro crab! I wanted a blue hydrophorna colony that has x-mas tree worms and acro crabs in it but it's huge and I don't want to deal with sweepers.

Also never got a red planet, LFS didn't get any, instead got a new phishy!

• 2 weeks later...
Got a new one today, ORA "Birds of Paradise". It's pretty sweet even under 10k. No pics today, waaaay to busy. Maybe friday, sorry.

Bro, Serious. I know it's Christmas Eve and all, but...

2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg?v=0

How 'bout 'dese? :D

Finally got a focused pic of a not-so-happy Plum Crazy:

12240802-2.jpg

Hawkins Blue...

12240804.jpg

Pearlberry

12240802-3.jpg

"Mini" Red Planet (3/4" frag as opposed to whatever normal is)

12240802-1.jpg

We still didn't get any Picassos, but he got a semi that looked great, so I grabbed it and a B&W Ocellaris for my 65.

12240802.jpg

And for fun, purple cap that won't purple...

12240801-1.jpg

My LFS' ORA order finally came in, after some time and troubles (delivery truck crashed on the first day they sent it out) and it was well worth the wait. Perfect timing to have everything by Christmas, the present to myself, lol. The Hawkins and Pearlberry seem to have had their tips beaten up a bit in the bags, but I'm sure they'll be fine. As you can see, the Hawkins fragged itself in a few places. IMO, the pieces left over were too small to try to grow out. That Pearlberry is really encrusted, so any ideas on how to pop it off of the plug or would you go with my idea of just fragging the main branch off of the base and letting the base grow out again, while keeping the plug on a frag rack?

I am critical of the new Bird of Paradise, but after seeing it in person, it does have its own draw and even in the bag, the metallic purple on the polyps was stunning. I looked at Joe, Purple Plasma, a Rose Millepora, and a Borealis that were all still in the bags. You obviously couldn't see a whole lot in the way of color under LFS shop lights, but they all had great PE and were of nice size, like these. There was another Hawkins the same size as mine and the other Pearlberry was darn close as well. Still surpises me how well these corals do after, and maybe during, shipping.

2 family get togethers, about a 1/3 of a bottle of jack (I'm not a big drinker), a 2 year old, yeah i was busy. I'll get your pic soon, I promise..

Just re-read that, it looks really bad. I should probably clarify that my sober wife handled the 2 year old for the majority of the night (and did the driving, obviously).

How 'bout 'dese? :D

Finally got a focused pic of a not-so-happy Plum Crazy:

12240802-2.jpg

Hawkins Blue...

12240804.jpg

Pearlberry

12240802-3.jpg

"Mini" Red Planet (3/4" frag as opposed to whatever normal is)

12240802-1.jpg

We still didn't get any Picassos, but he got a semi that looked great, so I grabbed it and a B&W Ocellaris for my 65.

12240802.jpg

And for fun, purple cap that won't purple...

12240801-1.jpg

My LFS' ORA order finally came in, after some time and troubles (delivery truck crashed on the first day they sent it out) and it was well worth the wait. Perfect timing to have everything by Christmas, the present to myself, lol. The Hawkins and Pearlberry seem to have had their tips beaten up a bit in the bags, but I'm sure they'll be fine. As you can see, the Hawkins fragged itself in a few places. IMO, the pieces left over were too small to try to grow out. That Pearlberry is really encrusted, so any ideas on how to pop it off of the plug or would you go with my idea of just fragging the main branch off of the base and letting the base grow out again, while keeping the plug on a frag rack?

I am critical of the new Bird of Paradise, but after seeing it in person, it does have its own draw and even in the bag, the metallic purple on the polyps was stunning. I looked at Joe, Purple Plasma, a Rose Millepora, and a Borealis that were all still in the bags. You obviously couldn't see a whole lot in the way of color under LFS shop lights, but they all had great PE and were of nice size, like these. There was another Hawkins the same size as mine and the other Pearlberry was darn close as well. Still surpises me how well these corals do after, and maybe during, shipping.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the "plum crazy". I got a frag a few weeks ago, and wasn't all that impressed. However, after seeing yours grown out a little, it may not be too bad afterall.

Lol, I'm somewhat critiacal of the BOP myself. I had a hard time forking over $90+ for a freakin' birdsnest. It is pretty sweet though.

I do agree on the price with the Bird's Nest. I paid ten for mine that looks close enough for me. I think the wholesale price, which is pretty much what my LFS offers, is something like ~$40-50. I wasn't sure on the Plum Crazy at first either, especially because mine was pretty brown first in the tank, but now it is really colored up, with the exception of what would be brown-ish on any coral just from being shaded by itself. The color stands out really well from a distance, but I'd still like to get it a little darker. The base has a wierd, greenish tinge to it, the new encrusting growth, I guess I should clarify. It has grown at a nice rate, I can certainly say that much for it.

Just as long as your wife gets you back for making her do the kid-watching while you drank, it's all good. ;) On a side note, I can't imagine what dealing with a toddler on Christmas Eve must be like, good luck to you both!

Just as long as your wife gets you back for making her do the kid-watching while you drank, it's all good. ;) On a side note, I can't imagine what dealing with a toddler on Christmas Eve must be like, good luck to you both!

She's 8 months pregnant, I win by default. She can drink next year if she wants too.

Christmas isn't Christmas until you have a little one to enjoy it with....

She's 8 months pregnant, I win by default. She can drink next year if she wants too.

Christmas isn't Christmas until you have a little one to enjoy it with....

Oh, well then, congrats on the second and hopefully the rest of the pregnancy go well. :) I have my little cousins to entertain me for a few more years yet, but Christmas morning probably is pretty special with your own kid, isn't it?

Oh, well then, congrats on the second and hopefully the rest of the pregnancy go well. :) I have my little cousins to entertain me for a few more years yet, but Christmas morning probably is pretty special with your own kid, isn't it?

Yeah, the whole process is cool. even better than when i was a kid myself.

Yeah, the whole process is cool. even better than when i was a kid myself.

So true... it really is a blast to see how excited they get. Mine will be 4 in april and shes really getting into it this year.

Archived