Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The ORA thread

glennr1978

I also have a red planet. While it is a nice piece, my favorite is definately the Pearlberry. This thing actually "glows" in my tank. The red planet reminds me of my rose milli. And it does grow fast, it's also a tabling acro, so it will be interesting to see the growth patterns.

Here' a pic of my tank. I have several pieces of ORA frags. The Pearlberry is in the center top rock and the Red Planet is to the right of it.

hpim2621nb5.jpg

Here's a close up of the Pearlberry

hpim2615up5.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearlberry is definitely sweet, got one myself. I agree that the red planet looks similar to a red milli, except for all the green the red planet has. I've also temporarily got a purple plasma frag. I say temporarily because it was about 80% dead at the LFS and they let me have it cheap to see if I could salvage it. I didn't (and still don't) think it has a good chance of survival, but at $10 it was worth a shot. It rtn'ed a little more after the first 24 hours in my tank, but there's about 1/2" of flesh that has held strong for 3 or 4 days now. We'll see....

I'm getting a blue voodoo frag sometime soon. A buddy of mine has one and we're gonna trade pretty soon.

Btw, your tank is looking outstanding. Much better than it did when it was the totm, and it looked great then too!!

Thanks for the comments glenn. My red planet is not showing much green, maybe its because how I have it mounted and I'm not seeing it.

Yes I've done some re-aquascaping and I've gotten away from soft corals and more in to SPS corals. Before too long I'll have a "stick" forest going!

Good Luck with your purple plasma frag, it's one sweet looking coral as well!

Great coral!!!

This dump of a LFS I went into today now has ORA frags... They have 2 red planets frags, and they are 97 bucks!!! :o I have no clue how this place is even getting ORA frags??? :huh:

Thanks for the comments glenn. My red planet is not showing much green, maybe its because how I have it mounted and I'm not seeing it.

Yes I've done some re-aquascaping and I've gotten away from soft corals and more in to SPS corals. Before too long I'll have a "stick" forest going!

Good Luck with your purple plasma frag, it's one sweet looking coral as well!

I've been reading that alot of people have had trouble with the frag losing the green coloring. I doubt my story will be any different in a few months, but one can hope!!

Your tank is without a doubt one of my favorites on here, great job!!

I'm not holding my breath on the purple plasma, thanks for the kind words though.

Great coral!!!

This dump of a LFS I went into today now has ORA frags... They have 2 red planets frags, and they are 97 bucks!!! :o I have no clue how this place is even getting ORA frags??? :huh:

They have them because they met the minimum fish order first!!! $97 is a little high, but honestly, I would pay that for this frag if I had too.

gulfsurfer101

That thing looks b@d-@$$ man. I'm shure it will do nicely in your tank. I'm on suspension from buying anything atm but I might just have to sneak away and pick one up and hide it in the back of my tank. JK, that is a sweet score though.

I've been reading that alot of people have had trouble with the frag losing the green coloring. I doubt my story will be any different in a few months, but one can hope!!

Your tank is without a doubt one of my favorites on here, great job!!

I'm not holding my breath on the purple plasma, thanks for the kind words though.

They have them because they met the minimum fish order first!!! $97 is a little high, but honestly, I would pay that for this frag if I had too.

I'm almost certain that NONE of the very few fish they have are ORA???

Man, that is awesome. Is it a millepora?

Looks very similar to a red milli IMO, but it has alot of green to it, and has a different growth pattern.

I might have to pick up an ORA Hawkins enchinata enchilada I was eyeing at the LFS. I have a few things I could probably trade so my wife doesn't kill me for buying anymore coral.

gulfsurfer101

So he's got more stuff in. I picked up a bali purple enchilada from him last week and it was yummy! I need to find a cheaper hobby like crack or speed or move further a way from the new LFS. It's right there and I can't help not going in there everytime I pass it up. I want one now more and more after looking at it again for the tenth time tonight.

I saw it today at the lfs for 89 bucks. The color was too similar to my rose milli so I decided to pass. Now that I think about it I would rather have the pearlberry.

I saw it today at the lfs for 89 bucks. The color was too similar to my rose milli so I decided to pass. Now that I think about it I would rather have the pearlberry.

nothing wrong with the pearlberry!!

i lost the green in my red planet frag. not sure if i have too much light or not enough on it, or maybe it prefers 20k

I don't get it??? This seems to be the norm with this coral. What is ORA doing that we are not?

What kind of lighting do you have yours under?

Ive got my pearlberry on the way. I might have to break down and get one of these also. I hope the green color perks up on everyones frags, that would be a shame.

er1c_the_reefer
I don't get it??? This seems to be the norm with this coral. What is ORA doing that we are not?

What kind of lighting do you have yours under?

actually i lied, i have a little green left but i have to look real hard. i'll get a picture in a little bit.

mine's sitting in about 10" of water and there's a 250w 14k aquamaxx about 4 inches above that.

actually i lied, i have a little green left but i have to look real hard. i'll get a picture in a little bit.

mine's sitting in about 10" of water and there's a 250w 14k aquamaxx about 4 inches above that.

hmmmm, that's definitely decent lighting. Mine is currently still on the sandbed in my 40 breeder (16" deep) under a 250w 14k that sits around ~7" above the surface.

If you had to guess, do you think I should keep it lower or higher up in the tank? I suppose I could keep it where it currently resides in my SB for a while to see if that effects the coloring any. It's only been in the tank for a couple of days, but I haven't noticed any loss of green coloring yet.

Teh insane Coral ... omgomgomg

someone should ask ORA if virgins do water changes there....

They must, that's a given. Or the founders of ORA sold their souls to satan. Nothing less could explain such beautiful corals, lol.

Maybe I''ll have good luck with this frag. Greens generally do well for me. In fact, I had a rose milli turn neon green a while back. It's since turned backt to it's original color. Strange huh?

Archived