Pod Your Reef

The ORA thread

glennr1978

revaltion131
All my money goes to coral, I stll have a 4 mega pixel camera.

Pic looks fine to me. Also, I'm still using a 4 mega pixel I got for Christmas in like...'03? If I didn't still prefer my old manual SLR, I would want a new camera, but I couldn't afford it either, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to the LFS today for some filter floss and left with this. ORA blue bottle brush.

DSC01639.jpg

Same coral w/ flash and acro crab.

DSC01635.jpg

no kidding. the lineage doesn't change once it's off the fancy black plug.

Hey my Blue Bottlebrush came with an Acro crab too! That's pretty neat! Except mine isn't very blue anymore. Still good polyp extension and ok growth out of it, but it's lost a decent amount of color. It's under a Phoenix 14K bulb so the color should be decent, but any idea why I've lost a lot of color? Maybe I just need some actinic supplementation.... (hard to do on an open top Nanocube without buying an Outerorbit fixture)

Mischeif Nite
I'm getting the new monti that ORA is releasing in the morning, forgot what it's called though...

What species/group of Monti is it? I haven't heard of it yet, so I have stuff to search for. :happy:

It's called Brett's purple rim cap.......and I need a bigger tank

Hey my Blue Bottlebrush came with an Acro crab too! That's pretty neat! Except mine isn't very blue anymore. Still good polyp extension and ok growth out of it, but it's lost a decent amount of color. It's under a Phoenix 14K bulb so the color should be decent, but any idea why I've lost a lot of color? Maybe I just need some actinic supplementation.... (hard to do on an open top Nanocube without buying an Outerorbit fixture)

Is it kind of browned out a little, or is it just a lighter blue?

• 2 weeks later...
my ORA purple plasma...once my pearlberry colors up I will post that up

KH5V0238.jpg

nice, i got a plasma frag last week myself (and the "Brett" cap). too lazy to take / post pics, sorry.

Well i added a red planet to my list of ORA corals, you can see pics in my tank thread, I got it at a swap about a month ago, was all red then, now getting a green base on the new encrusting growth. Not on the ORA plug either, but still on a nast white plug and the frag was nearly fully encrused on it so no breaking it off. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, there are so many nice corals and photos here. I have been working on a website for a while now that lists and shows all of the ora corals. Many hobbyists (including several in this forum) have contributed to the site. Please check out the site; I welcome any comments. If you have any photos of ORA corals you want to submit, please go to http://www.oracorals.com

I hope this one isn't too boring and old school, but here is my Chip's acro...I love the way it colored up for me....

IMG_0778.jpg

I don't have a Red Planet or Pearlberry or any of the recent stuff, but I grew that Chip's out from a 3/4 inch frag....

I hope this one isn't too boring and old school, but here is my Chip's acro...I love the way it colored up for me....

IMG_0778.jpg

I don't have a Red Planet or Pearlberry or any of the recent stuff, but I grew that Chip's out from a 3/4 inch frag....

No Sir, not old school at all! I have a Roscoes' and Blue Tort that I like as well as any of my newer ORA corals. Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing! ;)

thanks again for all the photos you've sent. I have uploaded them all.

If anyone still has photos of their ora corals, please go to www.oracorals.com or just email them to oracorals@gmail.com

Enjoy your sunday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got a few baby frags of ORA Orange Cap and a little piece of ORA Elkhorn Monti, which was swallowed by my rockwork and can no longer be located :(

I have my eye on a few ORA frags at work, someone bought the Indo Purple Tip Acro out from under my nose but I still want to pick up a Roscoe's Blue or Pearlberry.

Archived