Cultivated Reef

my 20L frag tank

glennr1978

What's the stall bro....I was expecting pics of a tank full of water by 10pm....?

btw....SHE LET YOU WIN...gotta remember that dude....Laundry Detergent never lies....LOL

Thanks for the Mg. I dosed 30ml ~ hour ago....gonna test and see what's up.

Drop / shake / drop / shake.....14 for a nice blue....x100... hey, 1400..cool

Oops...Elos = x75 (confirmed)...guess Im gonna be adding some more Mg.

You da man -

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Perfection takes time, JK, he didn't come grab that rubble till after 7 I think since I had my phon in the other room and the house full of kids. It was holy hell and I'm pretty shure Glenn can attest. I'm kind of angst to see how it comes out. I can't wait till I actually need a frag tank in like five years.

What's the stall bro....I was expecting pics of a tank full of water by 10pm....?

btw....SHE LET YOU WIN...gotta remember that dude....Laundry Detergent never lies....LOL

Thanks for the Mg. I dosed 30ml ~ hour ago....gonna test and see what's up.

Drop / shake / drop / shake.....14 for a nice blue....x100... hey, 1400..cool

You da man -

Truer words have never graced my monitor my friend. She always wins, I started to figure that out a while back. One day I will master the art of "negotiation" like you have. Thanks for the tip in that department today btw!!!

I sent you a PM about the Mg test....

Perfection takes time, JK, he didn't come grab that rubble till after 7 I think since I had my phon in the other room and the house full of kids. It was holy hell and I'm pretty shure Glenn can attest. I'm kind of angst to see how it comes out. I can't wait till I actually need a frag tank in like five years.

I still have yet to figure out how you can handle 4 very small children by yourself, my hat's off to you!!!

Thanks again for the hook up on the rock. Something about that sentence just doesn't feel right!!!

Anyway, thanks again!!

I, along with TexASS', and Mojorizins' help got the stand started and very nearly completed today. It's completely put together and ROCK SOLID. I basically followed what Prop did with his stand for the 75g house o' frags, but added some height and a couple of shelves (thanks again Dave ;) !!). I just need to touch up a few areas that I didn't get completely with the paint. Other than that, it's done.

The stand is 4' tall without the tank, and right at 5' with the tank. I wanted it nice and tall for two reasons. First and foremost I wanted it tall to keep it well out of reach of my two year old daughter. I can tell she's just dying to feed the fishies some cookies or maybe some fruit loops. Secondly, I wanted it to be nice and tall so you don't have to bend over to see the frags inside. The tank is going in my laundry room that is quite small, so sitting in front of the tank wouldn't be an option even if I wanted too. I'll post pics of that tomorrow...

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01365-1.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

Bucket of rocks from Gulfsurfer101. Thanks man, you definitely saved me a few bucks on this one!!!

DSC01363.jpg

I still have yet to figure out how you can handle 4 very small children by yourself, my hat's off to you!!!

Thanks again for the hook up on the rock. Something about that sentence just doesn't feel right!!!

Anyway, thanks again!!

I, along with TexASS', and Mojorizins' help got the stand started and very nearly completed today. It's completely put together and ROCK SOLID. I basically followed what Prop did with his stand for the 75g house o' frags, but added some height and a couple of shelves (thanks again Dave ;) !!). I just need to touch up a few areas that I didn't get completely with the paint. Other than that, it's done.

The stand is 4' tall without the tank, and right at 5' with the tank. I wanted it nice and tall for two reasons. First and foremost I wanted it tall to keep it well out of reach of my two year old daughter. I can tell she's just dying to feed the fishies some cookies or maybe some fruit loops. Secondly, I wanted it to be nice and tall so you don't have to bend over to see the frags inside. The tank is going in my laundry room that is quite small, so sitting in front of the tank wouldn't be an option even if I wanted too. I'll post pics of that tomorrow...

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01365-1.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

Bucket of rocks from Gulfsurfer101. Thanks man, you definitely saved me a few bucks on this one!!!

DSC01363.jpg

One thing is for sure. If Glenn has his hands in this tank the stuff is gonna grow! He can probably make it happen with a spiderman nightlight if he wanted. Dang it!

WOW stand came out sweet.. Man can't wait till I can come over and pick out some frags out of that bad ass set-up.. Glad I could help.. I wont tell anyone you were asking me for 11 inches yesterday while building your stand ;)

WOW stand came out sweet.. Man can't wait till I can come over and pick out some frags out of that bad ass set-up.. Glad I could help.. I wont tell anyone you were asking me for 11 inches yesterday while building your stand ;)

I won't tell them you told me you only have 2" ;) .

We have water!!!!

The tank is in place, anchored to the wall, and being filled as I type.

DSC01370.jpg

My RO/DI is conveniently located about 4' from the tank.

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

It's a tight fit, but it fits. Good thing my family and I aren't big people.

DSC01368.jpg

I just checked the tracking # and my light is "out for delivery". Should be here anytime now.

take those DI canisters and mount them vertically, the resin will last longer.

I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone commented on that!! I've thought about doing it, but I'm lazy and I'm still getting 0 TDS.

I probably will get around to changing it eventually though.

Lolz, same with my contest tank. Nice huh?

It's pretty sweet.

We need to start an exclusive laundry room only tank club, lol.

looking good buddy..

Thanks man.

Looks great, Glenn :)

Thanks lady.

show us the light !!!!!!!!!

okay, give me a few minutes to get a couple of pics.

Light looks familiar....

S W E E T

Glenns House-o-Frags ...open Tuesday - Saturday

Noon -6pm

....extended late night hour VIP Membership availiable....

....must have experience with saws, drills and silicone....

Light looks familiar....

S W E E T

Glenns House-o-Frags ...open Tuesday - Saturday

Noon -6pm ....extended late night hour VIP Membership availiable....

Only on a bi-weekly basis.

work sucks :( .

I think I might actually turn the light around and have the back facing outward. I have to keep it all the way at the front of the tank because of the skimmer, and I think I would get more of the light into the tank rather than into the room if I turn it around.

I think I might actually turn the light around and have the back facing outward. I have to keep it all the way at the front of the tank because of the skimmer, and I think I would get more of the light into the tank rather than into the room if I turn it around.

You could always drill the fixture and run the power cord thru the front...err...back.

You could always drill the fixture and run the power cord thru the front...err...back.

Check it out....

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

I just flipped it around and zip tied the power cord to the legs. The light is definitely centered over the tank much better now. I also kinda like the way it looks with the timers on the front.

Check it out....

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

I just flipped it around and zip tied the power cord to the legs. The light is definitely centered over the tank much better now. I also kinda like the way it looks with the timers on the front.

I agree,looks pretty good..

Archived