Pod Your Reef

my 20L frag tank

glennr1978

do you work for comission or something, lol??

I'm pretty much sold on T5's.....for today anyway.

i'm just sayin man, halides > t5's, and you'll be able to keep acros. i've been about able to touch a 250w MH bulb with a 3.5" fan on it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, WTF? You didn't tell me you were doing this tank..........or I was drunk when you did. Ok, there was about a 50/50 chance on either.

Dude, WTF? You didn't tell me you were doing this tank..........or I was drunk when you did. Ok, there was about a 50/50 chance on either.

I'm sneaky like that!

Oooooh, I think I might steal your idea of leaving the back of the steps of the rack white..... :)

They'll be black in about 20 minutes. I got another can of fusion today.

You should tape yours off and paint it checker board. Bling bling sucka!!!

It looks great!

One quick question, how do you plan on getting a frag that slips under the rack?

impossible, thanks to pets_unlimiteds persistence!! (thanks for talking me in to it btw).

All the frags will be mounted to either plugs or LR rubble that is to large to slip through the egg crate. If somehow a frag does manage to slip through I can lift out the entire rack pretty easily.

What about camouflage?? :lol:

black is camouflage.

You could go glam and line the rack with rhine stones (I think that's what they're called). That would be pretty. While you're at it, paint the rack hot pink, lol.

You could go glam and line the rack with rhine stones (I think that's what they're called). That would be pretty. While you're at it, paint the rack hot pink, lol.

Heh.... you don't know me at all. :mellow::lol:

The racks are officially done.

I built a little shelf to place all the LR on. It's suspended about 1/2" off the bottom of the tank. This way there should be zero dead spots......theoretically.

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

Here's the completed racks.

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

All that's left is a little cleaning up. i need to scrape the tape residue off of the trim, clean the glass, and wipe up all the little crap that's inside the tank and I'll be ready to start adding water.

It looks like I'll be getting the LR this eekend so I should be cycling by then too. I'm waiting on a couple of people to get the money for some equipment I've hooked them up with. Then I'll be ordering the light fixture (or I may DIY a canopy and add a retro kit, not completely sure about it yet).

If you paint the bottom of the tank black..............

YOUR COLORS WOULD POP!!! (not that they already wont)

I actually thought about that, and may end up doing it. The stand that it's on is pretty dark wood already so I'm not sure if painting would be necessary.

What do you guys think, should I paint the bottom too?

I'm waiting on a couple of people to get the money for some equipment I've hooked them up with. .

Do I owe you money :huh:

:P

Seriously though, looks freaking sweet. Tried to pry another tank out of the wife and she almost hit me :mellow:

Do I owe you money :huh:

:P

Seriously though, looks freaking sweet. Tried to pry another tank out of the wife and she almost hit me :mellow:

nah, I probably owe you actually!

I tried talking mine into letting me put the tank anywhere in the house other than our bedroom and she almost hit me!!

I guess the locals are just going to have to see where we make babies.

DO IT!!.................paint the bottom, not make more babies.....................aw hell make more babies too.

OH SH!T, now you can make babies while looking at corals, SNAP!!!!!

DO IT!!.................paint the bottom, not make more babies.....................aw hell make more babies too.

OH SH!T, now you can make babies while looking at corals, SNAP!!!!!

More babies, err.....baby on the way already.

Lol, you said "snap".

Dude, anytime you can make babies and check out your reef tank that deserves a snap.

ohsnap.gif

^^ that video seriously made me almost choke on my dinner!!

Archived