Innovative Marine Aquariums

[BC 14] Jon's Reef

nanoreef11

nanoreef11

I just now finished with the aquascape. The tank is kinda cloudy so I will take an after pic in the morning.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreef11

The aquascape last night only took about 3 hours from start to finish. Here are some pics of the process. Starting with the pre-aquascape.

100_0031.jpg

100_0034.jpg

Everyone chillen in the bucket.

100_0029.jpg

100_0030.jpg

And last night it was too cloudy to post a pic of the tank so I took some just now. I came home from work tonight to find out that my brand new actinic bulb had burned out already. I will take it back to my work tomorrow and if we don't have anymore in stock then I will have to wait an entire week. No corals till new bulb is in.

100_0035.jpg

100_0036.jpg

Left Side

100_0037.jpg

Right Side

100_0038.jpg

Clowns are happy and all is well!

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0039.jpg

(The pics are yellow because like I said my brand new actinic just burned out!)

Let me know what you think of the aquascape here is a before and after pic of the tank.

Before

100_0003.jpg

After

100_0036.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy reefing.

Jon

Looks just...GREAT!!! :D You did awesome. How do you like it? Do you know what coral are you going to get first? Can't wait... :scarry:

nanoreef11

I like it a lot. After doing it I thought, why didn't I do this earlier. haha. I think I am going to take the GSP back to my work because I don't want it to start going crazy in the tank. I'm going to keep the sand for a brain coral probably. I'm going to frag off some of the eagle eyes as well and take the colony back.

Well we just got some favia in today and a metallic green brain coral. I might pick those up tomorrow.

I want some rics as well but I will have to go looking around town for them.

Oh shoot I forgot. I'm not going to put corals in until my actinic gets replaced. Lets hope they are in stock tomorrow!

Any other suggestions on corals? We did get a hammer in!

nanoreef11

Thank you everyone. It took a lot of time on planning it out that night. That is only about 11lbs of live rock. I hope it is enough.

I'm taking home a new bulb tonight to see if its the bulb or the ballast. Hopefully it's not the ballast because I will definitely have to wait till Thursday to get a new one. No new corals tonight because of light problems. I didn't have time this morning to take out my corals that I am bringing back but tomorrow I work again. Maybe take home a hammer coral if the lighting is figured out.

All comments are welcomed on the new scape.

Thanks

Jon

GIRLGONEAQUA

I love that it looks like a mountain with lots of shelves!

It will look awesome when it matures with lots of corals <3

nanoreef11
I love that it looks like a mountain with lots of shelves!

It will look awesome when it matures with lots of corals <3

Thanks GGA. Do you think I need some more rock in there after I take out the colony of zoas (I think they are too big)?

Just got home and put the new actinic bulb in and everything is back to normal. Going to be picking up some corals from my work tomorrow and taking back some as well. Probably a brain and a hammer and some mushrooms.

I'm excited. It feels like a brand new tank just 9 1/2 months old haha.

Jon

Much much better.Dont change it.I think will look very sweet when grows in.I keep looking at all these cube tanks on here again and makes me wanna setup this 29 gal biocube setup i have hanging out in the garage lol

nanoreef11
Much much better.Dont change it.I think will look very sweet when grows in.I keep looking at all these cube tanks on here again and makes me wanna setup this 29 gal biocube setup i have hanging out in the garage lol

Haha so you miss the cube?

I love my new scape. Going to try and add a little more rock. We were supposed to get some more in today but it didn't come. Gonna get a couple corals as well :D

Jon

Haha so you miss the cube?

I love my new scape. Going to try and add a little more rock. We were supposed to get some more in today but it didn't come. Gonna get a couple corals as well :D

Jon

I just like how they look and would like to setup another tank for just sps.I know its a bad idea as better to focus on one tank though.

nanoreef11
I just like how they look and would like to setup another tank for just sps.I know its a bad idea as better to focus on one tank though.

Yea maybe it's best to stick to one tank.

Update:

Colonies are still in my tank. Didn't have anything to transport the corals in. Still debating on whether I should take the hammer home today.

nanoreef11

Well I'm not taking the hammer home today but hopefully next Tuesday. I got things to do after work today.

ihatesears18

I'd leave the colony in there. Now that you've rearranged your rocks you have a ton of room for frags elsewhere. That colony is gorgeous and looks great where it is!

nanoreef11
I'd leave the colony in there. Now that you've rearranged your rocks you have a ton of room for frags elsewhere. That colony is gorgeous and looks great where it is!

hmmm I want more of a variety. Maybe I'll leave it and take it out late. idk. I'll think about it.

nanoreef11

Well plans after work got cancelled so I went ahead and brought home some new corals!

I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Jon

nanoreef11

Here are the 2 corals that I picked up

As marked by our store:

Branch Ridge / Hammerhead

Corals Hard

Euphyllia parancora, Indonesia

100_0042.jpg

Mushroom Emerald Flower

Polyp

Ricordea yuma on Scleractinia

100_0043.jpg

They are acclimating right now so I will have better pics once in the tank. Give me an hour or so.

nanoreef11

They are finally in the tank. Turned the lights on for a bit to snap some pictures. Just turned the 10k's off and left the actinics on.

Branch Ridge / Hammerhead

Corals Hard

Euphyllia parancora, Indonesia

100_0048.jpg

100_0051.jpg

Mushroom Emerald Flower

Polyp

Ricordea yuma on Scleractinia

100_0049.jpg

100_0050.jpg

FTS

100_0047.jpg

Let me know what you think of them.

Sorry for the quality I will get some better pics once they are open and happy.

Happy Reefing

Jon

nanoreef11
gimmie

Haha come get!

I'm thinking about fragging the hammer into two pieces. Then put one on each side. Might fit better. I'm going to let it get happy first though.

nanoreef11

The first night I put the hammer coral in my cleaner shrimp was picking at one of the heads. The head looks like it is pretty much dead now. I don't think I can save it. What should I do?

Maybe dip it and see what happens.I had something eat my hammer one time pretty bad and it came back fast

Archived