Coral Vue Hydros

[BC 14] Jon's Reef

nanoreef11

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking good as always

Thanks plainrt. I looked at the website and can't see myself spending $100 right now on corals since I will be moving soon. How does the free shipping work. If you win an item, I'm guessing they ship it with another won item?

Thanks plainrt. I looked at the website and can't see myself spending $100 right now on corals since I will be moving soon. How does the free shipping work. If you win an item, I'm guessing they ship it with another won item?

OK, can I know what are you guys talking about? :huh:

Anyways, Jon....My man your tank is looking very sweet...Your duncans are doing the trick! :lol:

Also, I think your tank looks similar to a tank I know...

IMG_1890.jpg

Yeah! I know which tread you're following... :P

I wish you all the luck with the move, also I wish I could help you but you're kind of far. Smart move in not buying anything else 4 now, save it 4 later. Move first, set your reef up again, once everything is stable, invite some chicks to check it out! JaJa... B) Works like a charm...

Well Jon, I'll be in touch, gotta go and brush some pool walls under 98 degree weather, gosh LIFE IS GOOD!!!

CYBERSPACE HIGH FIVE!!! :lol:

OK, can I know what are you guys talking about? :huh:

Anyways, Jon....My man your tank is looking very sweet...Your duncans are doing the trick! :lol:

Also, I think your tank looks similar to a tank I know...

IMG_1890.jpg

Yeah! I know which tread you're following... :P

I wish you all the luck with the move, also I wish I could help you but you're kind of far. Smart move in not buying anything else 4 now, save it 4 later. Move first, set your reef up again, once everything is stable, invite some chicks to check it out! JaJa... B) Works like a charm...

Well Jon, I'll be in touch, gotta go and brush some pool walls under 98 degree weather, gosh LIFE IS GOOD!!!

CYBERSPACE HIGH FIVE!!! :lol:

You don't know what hot weather is. Last week it was 108 here. This week is cool at 96. Then again I bet it feels hotter outside because you live in Florida.

Thanks for the compliments on my tank. I am going to be moving everything on a Sunday and coming back to move my tank on Thursday. Just want to focus on the tank alone that day. Hope it goes smooth. Buckets or bags for the livestock?

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished setting up my computer at my new place and was going to check my page. Thanks for checking in jdantunes. I am all settled in at my new place and just have a couple more boxes to go through. They are just books and stuff for school. I have been spending my days at the beach and I love it!

Anyways for the tank it doesn't get moved until Thursday. I plan on putting the fish and corals in a bucket with a battery powered airstone. The live rock and rest of the water will go in other buckets. Sand will stay in the tank when it is being moved. Hopefully my plan works and everything goes smoothly.

A little bit of an update here. Tomorrow I go to pick up my custom stand. It is a 14 gallon biocube stand but instead of the standard 30 inches, it will be 36 inches. Me being 6'3" I like my tanks a little bit higher. Easier to view. I already have a spot picked out for it and it should be enjoyed by people passing my room.

Any advice on moving my tank is welcomed. I hope everything survives.

Until then Happy Reefing

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I know I have been slacking on here, like always. I got the tank moved, set up on the new stand, and everything is running great. My second diamond goby was looking skinny and I was trying to feed him more when one day he dissapeared like the old one. Strange I know. My tank needs a water change so maybe tomorrow I will take care of that and then get some pics up.

Managed to snap a pic with my iphone today. I cleaned my tank yesterday and the corals looked really happy. Today I decided to move some things around and then they got upset. Enjoy.

photo.jpg

Happy Reefing

Jon

Hey Jon!

Good news, that everybody is sound and safe, and back were they belong. I was wondering, what happen to you? That was quite a move...

Answering your question, I will move it if I was you. Looks like you have plenty of space on the rock below. Unless you are saving that spot for your next frag... ;)

Hey jdantunes, nice to hear from someone on hear. I move the duncanops a little bit more but they are still touching the ricordea a little bit. I have another spot for it. Hopefully I can get to it today. If not then it will have to be next week.

Tested my water and the nitrates are at about 40ppm so I need to do some more water changes to bring them down. Everything in the tank looks good but I just worry about those.

Other than that happy reefing,

Jon

blizzardscout2

Hey Jon, your tank looks great! I am glad your move went well, I do not look forward to when I have to move someday. I really like your Duncans! I havent seen them that pinkish red before.

Reese

Thanks for the compliment. I was wondering why everone's are green/teal in the centers? Am I doing something wrong? The polyps are fully extended, more than most peoples I see. I feed mysis about 2-3 times a week and spot feed the corals.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of an update here.

Picked up a frag from Tigahboy last week. Green and blue zoas and a free frag of eagle eyes. Really gave me a good deal on the corals. Some picks of them.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

I did a water change today and my hammer coral and duncanops didn't like it too much. I just tested the parameters and got the following:

Calcium - 480ppm

Carbonate Hardness - 8dkH

Phosphate - 0ppm

Nitrate - 10ppm

Magnesium - 1290ppm

PH - 7.9 (working on bringing it up)

Salinity - 1.025

I also removed my skimmer and put StevieT's media rack back in. Skimmer wasn't pulling enough out and felt it wasn't absolutely necessary.

Picks of hammer and duncanops not fully open.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

FTS

IMG_0265.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on what is going on with my hammer and duncanops I would appreciate it.

Happy Reefing

Jon

Hammer coral was looking better last night but the duncanops were still shrinking. My zoas and rics seem to be doing fine. I have no idea what is going on. I performed another 1.5 gallon water change last night. Salinity matched the tank. I need some help if anyone has any clue what could be going on.

An update on the duncanops and hammer coral. They are looking better just did a water change the next day to help them out and they ended up coming back yesterday. I hope to pick up some new zoas so stay tuned. I'm excited.

Jon

Well here are those pics. I havn't snapped any close ups yet.

Acclimating

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

In the tank!

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Hermits taking care of the algae that came in with the frags

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Can't forget the FTS!

IMG_0299.jpg

I will probably need help getting ID's on these guys once I get better pictures.

Happy Reefing

Jon

whoo-dee-whoo!!!!!!

Congrats on living thru last year......:D

hope this next year, is better if not the best!

Happy Berfday!

:D

• 2 months later...

Archived