ReefCleaners.org

Want a Picotope Glass Lid? *New Order* - See page 10.

Bonsai

I'd like one too, but I do not use paypal. PM if there is alternate payment option and you make more of these. Thanks

You could mail me a money order I suppose.

It looks like there are five people currently interested ...

CRG

DanMan

Jenna

Jimbo7

star27624

Anyone else interested?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to get one of these. If you're planning on doing another order, please PM with details...

I PM'ed everyone who is interested. I'm not sure what the glass shop's hours are around the holidays, but I can get the order to them ASAP once I get the funds.

Thanks!

Sent my money in today - anyone else interested please pay Bonsai so we can get the order placed ASAP.

Thanks again Bonsai!!

7 people want one, but only one has come through. If I don't get more interest from those who requested a lid, I'm going to have to refund the one person who actually paid.

7 people want one, but only one has come through. If I don't get more interest from those who requested a lid, I'm going to have to refund the one person who actually paid.

I am interested in one of these lids. Please send me a PM if you are still going to put an order in.

Thanks,

Andy

$40 shipped?

I think my local glass store could make it for $5ish...

But I don't know the size / thickness of glass / type of glass, etc.

Anyway Bonsai you could PM the specs? Maybe I could paypal $5 for the info?

I am interested in one of these lids. Please send me a PM if you are still going to put an order in.

Thanks,

Andy

I did receive payment from four people for five lids. The order is in the glass shop now. If anyone else wants one, please PM me right away.

Any word on when these will be shipping out..?

Hi Jimbo.

The order was placed with my glass shop early last week, I assume they were off Thursday, so hopefully I should hear something from them soon. If I don't hear from them by Wednesday, I'll call and check the status.

Jason

This is a really cool thing you are doing. I hope you are making a little $ off of these for your time & coordination - you certainly deserve it.

While these are a great idea and the OP is offering to help out I dont understand it. Why dont some of you call up your local glass shop and have them cut a top for you? I just did and it cost $5 and was done in less than 2 hrs. That way you dont have to pay for shipping. At most you should be paying $10 for this top to be made. Not the $30 or whatever you currently are paying. Just my 2 cents.

While these are a great idea and the OP is offering to help out I dont understand it. Why dont some of you call up your local glass shop and have them cut a top for you? I just did and it cost $5 and was done in less than 2 hrs. That way you dont have to pay for shipping. At most you should be paying $10 for this top to be made. Not the $30 or whatever you currently are paying. Just my 2 cents.

I don't mean to start an argument - but are you a troll? You have 15 posts and your contribution to this thread is insinuating that I'm ripping people off?

My local glass shop charges me $17.50 for the glass, plus $5 in labor per lid because of the difficult cutout for the back 1" notches. If you can get the same thing done at your glass shop, that's fantastic. I'm not here to make money, I'm here to help Picotope users reduce evaporation.

If you do the math, you'll see that I come out $5 ahead. If you want to get technical, that's my 'fee' for ordering, picking up, packing, insuring, and mailing the lids out to my valued, fellow Picotope owners.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

I don't mean to start an argument - but are you a troll? You have 15 posts and your contribution to this thread is insinuating that I'm ripping people off?

My local glass shop charges me $17.50 for the glass, plus $5 in labor per lid because of the difficult cutout for the back 1" notches. If you can get the same thing done at your glass shop, that's fantastic. I'm not here to make money, I'm here to help Picotope users reduce evaporation.

If you do the math, you'll see that I come out $5 ahead. If you want to get technical, that's my 'fee' for ordering, picking up, packing, insuring, and mailing the lids out to my valued, fellow Picotope owners.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

Im not saying your ripping people off. If you read my first sentence you would realize that. But your getting ripped off by your glass company. I think its great what you are doing. Trying to help people and all. And you are well deserving of the extra $5 from each lid after all you do. But I am just baffled why people dont go down to their local glass shop and get it done. At most it will cost $10. I just had a much more complex piece done for a buddies 29 gallon tank that has a slot for the Penguin 350 filter which is a cut identical to the one you have and it was $5 for the entire thing.It also has a cut for the heater adjustment without removing the top. So a half circle cutout. I also had one made for my 5.5 gallon tank and it was $3.50. I highly recommend you go to a different shop as YOU are getting ripped off by the shop.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

Yes I could make my own, but I would much rather get one from someone who has the exact measurements for the light and refuge. I dont mind paying a little extra! But I would appreciate some answers to questions.

Like when will you take your next orders?

thanks

I bought one and think that it was worth every penny. :)

And I dont doubt that for a second. But Im just saying that in this economy, with the financial strain some people are under wouldnt it be better for them to go to their own local shop and get it made for about 1/4 the cost? If you really wanna help you could make a little diagram with the dimensions so people can take it to their shop and they can make one up for them. Just saying. Either way I think its a great service you are offering Im just all about saving money. Thats the issue with America today. People are spending money they dont have.

Archived