Coral Vue Hydros

Want a Picotope Glass Lid? *New Order* - See page 10.

Bonsai

And I dont doubt that for a second. But Im just saying that in this economy, with the financial strain some people are under wouldnt it be better for them to go to their own local shop and get it made for about 1/4 the cost? If you really wanna help you could make a little diagram with the dimensions so people can take it to their shop and they can make one up for them. Just saying. Either way I think its a great service you are offering Im just all about saving money. Thats the issue with America today. People are spending money they dont have.

If people wish to purchase something that is procured by another, that's their business. I could build my own all glass aquarium by going to the local glass shop, buying the stock, cutting it myself, assembling/siliconing/water testing it myself, and save some money -- I pay for the convenience of having someone else do it.

If you're a tight-wad penny-pincher, that's your thing -- and saying that the people who are purchasing these from Bonsai are, "People are spending money they dont have" is a bit prejudicial, don't you think?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and saying that the people who are purchasing these from Bonsai are, "People are spending money they dont have" is a bit prejudicial, don't you think?

Did I ever say that?!? Nope. I said that most people in our country are spending money they dont have. I never said "People buying these tops from Bonsai." nor did I imply it. Its obvious though that you are one who is struggling with finances because you are calling me a " tight wad penny pincher" yup I save my money but I guarantee Im much more successful than 90% of the people here because of my money saving ways.

AGAIN I will state that Bonsai is providing a great service and I applaud him for that but people, if they use their heads, can save $30. Which in turn can be put to use for other aquarium related goods.

I find it very hilarious that I am getting ripped on when someone said the EXACT thing I am saying 1 page back. But I take it with a grain of salt because I KNOW I'm right. It's kind of like when you go out to fill your vehicle with fuel do you drive around looking for the most expensive station? Nope. You look for the cheapest station. Same principle applies here.

Hi everyone,

The five glass lids that were ordered and paid for are complete (the glass shop just called me). I'll pick them up today and hopefully get them sent out tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

The five glass lids that were ordered and paid for are complete (the glass shop just called me). I'll pick them up today and hopefully get them sent out tomorrow.

Enjoy!

These were all sent out today. Thanks everyone!

If people wish to purchase something that is procured by another, that's their business. I could build my own all glass aquarium by going to the local glass shop, buying the stock, cutting it myself, assembling/siliconing/water testing it myself, and save some money -- I pay for the convenience of having someone else do it.

If you're a tight-wad penny-pincher, that's your thing -- and saying that the people who are purchasing these from Bonsai are, "People are spending money they dont have" is a bit prejudicial, don't you think?

Don't feed the trolls.

These were all sent out today. Thanks everyone!

Yeah!! I can't wait to get it. Once it gets here, I can put the better light on my little tank!!!

Thanks for making the template and offering us all the opportunity to get them.

Yeah!! I can't wait to get it. Once it gets here, I can put the better light on my little tank!!!

Thanks for making the template and offering us all the opportunity to get them.

It arrived today!!! So I can move some corals over to this tank and put the new light on!!!

Thanks Bonsai!!

Bonsai,

If you decide to place another order, I will take two.

Thanks

Will do. To be honest, I've had 3 or 4 broken lids reported since I started this (USPS kills them no matter how well I pack them), so I may engineer an acrylic lid rather than a glass one.

Stay tuned ...

Jason

Have you ever though of seeing if one of the custom glass aquarium manufacturers would be willing to take your pattern and make a number of lids to sell out of starphire glass for us? Somebody like glasscages or aquariumobsessed?

Tai

Will do. To be honest, I've had 3 or 4 broken lids reported since I started this (USPS kills them no matter how well I pack them), so I may engineer an acrylic lid rather than a glass one.

Stay tuned ...

Jason

unleses you can come up with a warp free acrylic that isnt 10 inches thick, i think you should stick to glass. acrylic will warp like theres no tomorrow.

lexan (polycarbonate) on the other hand would work very well. i had a lexan lid for my tank before and it never warped. but you're paying more for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Now Hear This! Now Hear This!

It seems like there are a few people who want one of the custom glass lids -- the kind I've been offering for some time now. I don't want to let anyone down, so I'm going to put another order together.

Please PM me ASAP if you want a lid.

Cost is the same as before. $27.50 + $1.50 (eBay Fees) + $12.00 (S/H) = $41.00

It seems like there are a few people who want one of the custom glass lids -- the kind I've been offering for some time now. I don't want to let anyone down, so I'm going to put another order together.

Bump to get this offer in front of the evening nano-reef crowd.

I've received a PM about these, but I can't really place a single unit order. Please let me know who else would like one.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived