inTank Media Baskets

Want a Picotope Glass Lid? *New Order* - See page 10.

Bonsai

Picotope Owners,

A few fellow Picotope owners have shown interest in the custom glass lid that I had created locally. I'm not referring to the one that I just sold - but the new and improved version that extends all the way to the back of the Picotope and accommodates the AC70 and the 2x18Watt Current USA Satellite.

picotopeglasslid01es6.jpg

picotopeglasslid03fp5.jpg

If you would like one of these, please respond to this thread and let me know. I'd like to gather orders this weekend and call the glass shop on Monday. Turn around time should only be a couple days, and they'd be sent out soon after.

The cost would be $27.50 for the lid plus ... probably $12 shipping via UPS, plus $1.50 for PayPal Fees.

I would like to request that those who are interested should PayPal the funds over to me by midnight on Sunday night so I can order these Monday morning.

The lid looks fantastic on the Picotope, as you can see. It cuts down evaporation like crazy - I love mine.

Orders Thus Far:

diggman08 - Paid!

xero404 - Paid!

tylt33 - Paid!

zoantsinmypants - Paid!

Sedivec - Paid!

shp111 - Paid!

Disclaimer: I do not make these lids, I created a template from my own Picotope that my local glass shop uses to create the finished piece. The lids are made from 1/4" plate glass - and area all done by hand, so each piece is unique. Repeat: These are hand made so that each one is slightly different, and have minor imperfections, but over all they work fantastic and look great. I will package each glass lid well and ship via UPS - but I cannot be responsible for glass that is broken during shipment. All in all, I found a great solution to my Picotope evaporation problem, and I'm trying to share it with the community.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for one. Paypal-ing you the cash as we speak.

Picotope Owners,

A few fellow Picotope owners have shown interest in the custom glass lid that I had created locally. I'm not referring to the one that I just sold - but the new and improved version that extends all the way to the back of the Picotope and accommodates the AC70 and the 2x18Watt Current USA Satellite.

picotopeglasslid01es6.jpg

picotopeglasslid03fp5.jpg

If you would like one of these, please respond to this thread and let me know. I'd like to gather orders this weekend and call the glass shop on Monday. Turn around time should only be a couple days, and they'd be sent out soon after.

The cost would be $27.50 for the lid plus ... probably $12 shipping via UPS.

I would like to request that those who are interested should PayPal the funds over to me by midnight on Sunday night so I can order these Monday morning.

The lid looks fantastic on the Picotope, as you can see. It cuts down evaporation like crazy - I love mine.

Disclaimer: I do not make these lids, I created a template from my own Picotope that my local glass shop uses to create the finished piece. The lids are made from 1/4" plate glass - and area all done by hand, so each piece is unique. Repeat: These are hand made so that each one is slightly different, and have minor imperfections, but over all they work fantastic and look great. I will package each glass lid well and ship via UPS - but I cannot be responsible for glass that is broken during shipment. All in all, I found a great solution to my Picotope evaporation problem, and I'm trying to share it with the community.

Last bump. If you want one, please let me know and pay by midnight. I will make a trip to the glass shop and order these tomorrow.

Jason

Bump for a cool idea! I have seen this in action (Bonsai and I are co-workers), and although he still "borrows" top off water from me, it's at a much more reduced rate!

The custom lids were ordered today, gentleman. Should only be a 1 or 2 day turn around time. I'll keep you updated!

Jason

zoantsinmypants
The custom lids were ordered today, gentleman. Should only be a 1 or 2 day turn around time. I'll keep you updated!

Jason

no, any way to order another one??, paypal can be now(5-10 mins) or tomorrow around 2 pm EST, please get back to me before i go to sleep.

no, any way to order another one??, paypal can be now(5-10 mins) or tomorrow around 2 pm EST, please get back to me before i go to sleep.

I replied to you ... but as long as you get the PayPal over to me before they finish the order, then you're fine. Just PayPal me right away and I'll make sure they can get an extra one done for you.

That also applies to anyone else who wants in ... they have the glass order and are now fulfilling it. If you let me know tonight/tomorrow morning, I can probably have them cut additional pieces.

Thanks!

zoantsinmypants
"The money has been sent!

You have sent $##.## USD to grasshof@msu.edu.

We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient.

View transaction details"

Thanks, I really appreciate what you're doing for everyone.

ah i missed the thread, too late i guess?

I just added another one for the previous poster. Do you want one? I can call right now and get one added. Let me know ASAP.

I just added another one for the previous poster. Do you want one? I can call right now and get one added. Let me know ASAP.

Yeah, if you can, id like one, sorry late response, was at work. just let me know

I replied to you ... but as long as you get the PayPal over to me before they finish the order, then you're fine. Just PayPal me right away and I'll make sure they can get an extra one done for you.

That also applies to anyone else who wants in ... they have the glass order and are now fulfilling it. If you let me know tonight/tomorrow morning, I can probably have them cut additional pieces.

Thanks!

Hi

I cannot do it this time around, but would love to later. Would you be up to doing this kind offer again?

Yeah, if you can, id like one, sorry late response, was at work. just let me know

I will need you to secure the PayPal payment before I order another - I have to pay for these when I pick them up. My PayPal e-mail is listed in a post above. Thanks!

Hi

I cannot do it this time around, but would love to later. Would you be up to doing this kind offer again?

If we can put together another bulk order - I'll consider it. That is, unless I go to the post office or UPS and lose my ass on shipping these things... ;)

I will need you to secure the PayPal payment before I order another - I have to pay for these when I pick them up. My PayPal e-mail is listed in a post above. Thanks!

If we can put together another bulk order - I'll consider it. That is, unless I go to the post office or UPS and lose my ass on shipping these things... ;)

I would be interested in purchasing one if you decide to do this again. Several of my local glass shops won't take the job.

I checked the status of these today - they are still in production. More info as I get it ... hopefully they'll be done soon!

Well, lets hope you dun lose any butt there buddy. :-)

Love your tank, it is my inspiration. I have been looking for the gravel and every place is sold out. I think you started a new trend.

Archived