inTank Media Baskets

SOLD: Picotope Glass Lid - Custom!

Bonsai

I know this should probably go in the For Sale > Merchandise forum, but it is Pico specific ... so I thought I'd try posting it here :)

Custom Cut Glass (1/4" Plate Glass - finished edges) PICOTOPE Lid for Sale

I had this lid custom created by my local glass shop. I am having them fashion a second lid, so I'm selling this one to a lucky Picotope owner.

It fits my Picotope perfect, and it allows a 2" opening on the back for your stock pump, or AC70 if you have one, to run smoothly.

This is the real deal. The glass matches my Picotope's glass very well ... it gives it a sleek look, and it cuts down on evaporation!

$15 + Preferred Shipping

Here is a photo of it in action!

picotope71cir2.jpg

hello. What is the cost to get it shipped to zip code 92688

fed ex ground

ups ground

or do you think priority mail would be fine?

hello. What is the cost to get it shipped to zip code 92688

fed ex ground

ups ground

or do you think priority mail would be fine?

I think standard mail would be fine. I would estimate that the lid is somewhere between 1lb and 2lbs. For your zip code, I show Parcel Post being:

1lb - $4.55

2lb - $6.67

Let me know if you'd like the lid.

Jason

i doubt your going to be able to mail that with out sandwiching that between two sheets of wood... if it bends its all over... check out how others ship glass... your shipping costs will be more then that for sure

i doubt your going to be able to mail that with out sandwiching that between two sheets of wood... if it bends its all over... check out how others ship glass... your shipping costs will be more then that for sure

The top of the Picotope is small - hence the glass is small. It'll be shipped properly, regardless. I'll be at the glass shop tomorrow, so I'll do some asking around there.

would there be a guarantee on the item, if i just happen to receive the glass and it's cracked?

No guarantee. But I would certainly pack it extremely well.

Reef Chicks

UPS and FedEx both insure the product up to $100 automatically. If you mail it through USPS, insurance would only be a buc or so more. Whatever carrier you use, just make sure you put in the description that it is a piece of glass, so that you are fully covered.

UPS and FedEx both insure the product up to $100 automatically. If you mail it through USPS, insurance would only be a buc or so more. Whatever carrier you use, just make sure you put in the description that it is a piece of glass, so that you are fully covered.

Great advice -- thanks!

Hello, I will probably not get the glass. I just read in your other post that it does raise the from of your light 1/4" so it slightly tilts.

It definately looks slick tho. Can you find the cost of your new cut? I may want to get one of those

• 4 months later...
alexmyers1984

By the way do you know the specs for that glass lid? I might try to find a place near chicago that can make that. And what's that filter you have in the back there. I'm looking to get something like that. The stock filter isn't working out so well.

Archived