Cultivated Reef

Want a Picotope Glass Lid? *New Order* - See page 10.

Bonsai

I think you can put me on the list for one of these. My high rate of evaporation is getting old fast on this small tank. Got a total on what it would be to zip 37211? Thanks for getting these lids done for us.

Dustin

#3 ...

The lids are $27.50 + $12.00 shipping anywhere in the US via Insured Priority Mail.

If I can get at least one more person, we'll get this order rolling!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put me down for one, pm me your paypal address please.

#4! That'll be enough to get the ball rolling.

Everyone who is ordering a Picotope Glass Lid this round, please PayPal me ASAP so I can get the order in. PayPal address is grasshof@msu.edu

Received payments from definitemaybe and shoeless so far, thanks!

Everyone else, please get your payment in as soon as you can.

Jason

Received payments from definitemaybe and shoeless so far, thanks!

Everyone else, please get your payment in as soon as you can.

Jason

Bump bump. I'd like to get these ordered for you guys and gals ... so if you're in, let me know ASAP!

Jason

Just sent PayPal. Thanks!!

Got it!

If anyone else wants a Picotope lid, please let me know tonight. I'm ordering going to place the order with my glass shop in the morning.

Jason

smoothlarryhughes
Your shipping status shows:

I would call USPS and find out where the package is actually at ... 1-800-275-8777. Their websites shows that from my zip code to yours, it's only 2 days via Priority Mail. Today is going on 5.

Jason

Looks like usps strikes again...

Same thing here. Nicely packed, but one of my extensions popped off. I filed a claim.

I filed a claim with USPS (July 29) with a picture of the broken extension and within 2 days they approved the claim and less than a week later (Aug 4) I received my check fo $37. (Shipping and cost of product minus insurance fee and packaging I believe).

Insurance was a great idea. Was real easy to make the claim. Order with confidence that you are covered.

I filed a claim with USPS (July 29) with a picture of the broken extension and within 2 days they approved the claim and less than a week later (Aug 4) I received my check fo $37. (Shipping and cost of product minus insurance fee and packaging I believe).

Insurance was a great idea. Was real easy to make the claim. Order with confidence that you are covered.

Great! I'm glad to hear that.

Picotope Owners,

A few fellow Picotope owners have shown interest in the custom glass lid that I had created locally. I'm not referring to the one that I just sold - but the new and improved version that extends all the way to the back of the Picotope and accommodates the AC70 and the 2x18Watt Current USA Satellite.

picotopeglasslid01es6.jpg

picotopeglasslid03fp5.jpg

If you would like one of these, please respond to this thread and let me know. I'd like to gather orders this weekend and call the glass shop on Monday. Turn around time should only be a couple days, and they'd be sent out soon after.

The cost would be $27.50 for the lid plus ... probably $12 shipping via UPS.

I would like to request that those who are interested should PayPal the funds over to me by midnight on Sunday night so I can order these Monday morning.

The lid looks fantastic on the Picotope, as you can see. It cuts down evaporation like crazy - I love mine.

Orders Thus Far:

diggman08 - Paid!

xero404 - Paid!

tylt33 - Paid!

zoantsinmypants - Paid!

Sedivec - Paid!

shp111 - Paid!

Disclaimer: I do not make these lids, I created a template from my own Picotope that my local glass shop uses to create the finished piece. The lids are made from 1/4" plate glass - and area all done by hand, so each piece is unique. Repeat: These are hand made so that each one is slightly different, and have minor imperfections, but over all they work fantastic and look great. I will package each glass lid well and ship via UPS - but I cannot be responsible for glass that is broken during shipment. All in all, I found a great solution to my Picotope evaporation problem, and I'm trying to share it with the community.

Hello - Do you still have any of the glass lids available?

And will they fit over the Azoo 2.5 bowfront (Mirror Back)?

Thanks,

Steve

Quick update for those of you waiting on your lids. The glass shop is dragging their feet on this order, unfortunately. I think the cuts are difficult to make, so they keep pushing it aside. I'll stay on them though, and these should ship out this week. Sorry for the delay.

Sent two more of these out today ... I'm holding one for definitemaybe until he gets back in town.

If anyone else wants one, please let me know so we can start another bulk order.

I'll take one! :D

It's about time I heard from you :P I had another guy PM me, so we have to people interested now.

If I can get two more, I'll get an order going :)

Quick update for those of you waiting on your lids. The glass shop is dragging their feet on this order, unfortunately. I think the cuts are difficult to make, so they keep pushing it aside. I'll stay on them though, and these should ship out this week. Sorry for the delay.

I got mine like a week ago in perfect condition, thanks Bonsai!

I got mine like a week ago in perfect condition, thanks Bonsai!

Great to hear!

I am currently putting together a third order. I have already PM'ed folks who have previously shown interest. If you want one, let me know ASAP. Thanks!

Quick bump. I've received payment from a couple people -- if you want in, please make sure you let me know and pay today ... as I'll be putting the order in tomorrow.

Thanks!

A lot of you have shown interest, but only two payments so far. Please let me know ASAP if you want a lid. I need to have at least 3 or 4 orders to start this up, I can't do it with only two.

Let me know folks!

A lot of you have shown interest, but only two payments so far. Please let me know ASAP if you want a lid. I need to have at least 3 or 4 orders to start this up, I can't do it with only two.

Let me know folks!

I WANT ONE!! have you made your order yet or are you still waiting for more intrest, let me know so i can send payment

Archived