Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Want a Picotope Glass Lid? *New Order* - See page 10.

Bonsai

im assuming you're using the one in the pics? how much of a temperature increase are you getting with it on?

No increase ... my temperature, according to my Coralife Digital Thermometer is 77.8 - 78.0 constantly.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called the glass company - and all six lids are cut and finished!

I'll pick them up in the morning and with any luck - get them all mailed out tomorrow. To make sure they get to everyone quickly, I'm going to ship them USPS Priority Mail with Insurance.

Jason

Lids are on their way! I packaged and drove them to the post office today. They were sent USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and should start arriving Monday/Tuesday.

In the unlikely event that a shipment is damaged during transit, please notify me ASAP via PM so we can get the USPS insurance process started immediately.

Thanks! Enjoy!

Lids are on their way! I packaged and drove them to the post office today. They were sent USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and should start arriving Monday/Tuesday.

In the unlikely event that a shipment is damaged during transit, please notify me ASAP via PM so we can get the USPS insurance process started immediately.

Thanks! Enjoy!

Thanks for putting this all together. Can't wait to get rid of my ugly acrylic lid!

Now Hear This! Now Hear This!

It sounds like the first round of custom glass Picotope lids have been delivered, and the reaction so far has been positive.

If you were not able to order one the first time around, please let me know, in this thread, if you would like to order one for the second time around. I'm considering a second order, to be placed on Monday, August 4th.

Do not PayPal me yet! I want to make sure we can put together an order of at least 5 lids before I turn the template back over to the glass shop folks.

So -- if you want a lid -- chime in! Payment would be due by midnight on August 3rd.

Jason

Got mine in and took me forever to get all the bubble wrap and packaging out. It was VERY nicely packed but this still happened....

DSC_8415.JPG

DSC_8416.JPG

stupid USPS...

Got mine in and took me forever to get all the bubble wrap and packaging out. It was VERY nicely packed but this still happened....

stupid USPS...

Same thing here. Nicely packed, but one of my extensions popped off. I filed a claim.

stupid USPS...

DAMN! Please file a claim through USPS ... they should refund you the price of the lid ($27.50):

http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/online.htm

Sorry about that! Maybe it's still semi-usable. Damn USPS.

At least they're full insured.

Jason

EDIT: shp111 and xero404, I PMed you both.

zoantsinmypants

stupid USPS...

Mine was not broke off, shipped fine

Thanks a ton

Randy

Mine was not broke off, shipped fine

Thanks a ton

Randy

Great to hear. So far, it sounds like out of six, only two were damaged in shipment. For xero404 and shp111, I have messaged them.

The re-order is still in effect if we get enough interest.

Let me know!

DarkTemplar
Great to hear. So far, it sounds like out of six, only two were damaged in shipment. For xero404 and shp111, I have messaged them.

The re-order is still in effect if we get enough interest.

Let me know!

I'm interested in one :)

i have NOT recieved mine :(

Your shipping status shows:

Your item was processed and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on July 27, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I would call USPS and find out where the package is actually at ... 1-800-275-8777. Their websites shows that from my zip code to yours, it's only 2 days via Priority Mail. Today is going on 5.

Jason

this is what it says now:

Your item arrived at 8:19 AM on July 30, 2008 in BAY SAINT LOUIS, MS 39520. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

so ima hold off on calling...illl see if i got it when i get home from work.. hoping its in ONE piece

i still dont know why it took so long if you shipped priority

i still dont know why it took so long if you shipped priority

Awesome. Hopefully that means it'll be delivered today. From MI to MS should not have taken Friday - Wednesday via Priority Mail. I guess we can just be thankful that it isn't something alive, like Coral!

Jason

last time i ordered coral using USPS,, from WI to MS... i ended up getting shipped to frreaking NEw yourk or something like that...lol... and it was Rare Palys..

Great! Who else would like to get in on this round of orders? I would like to get at least 5 orders before I go over to the glass shop.

Thanks!

last time i ordered coral using USPS,, from WI to MS... i ended up getting shipped to frreaking NEw yourk or something like that...lol... and it was Rare Palys..

Yours was delivered today. Let's see pics of your Picotope with the new lid installed!

Also - bump for round two ... if you want one, let me know!

Jason

I'd like to get 4 or 5 of these before I do a second order.

You're #1 ...

Are you doing a second order? If so, then let me know so that I can send you money please.

Joe

You're #2 ...

Anyone else?

definitemaybe

I think you can put me on the list for one of these. My high rate of evaporation is getting old fast on this small tank. Got a total on what it would be to zip 37211? Thanks for getting these lids done for us.

Dustin

Archived