Lalani

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it me or are there little neon blue lines around the white spots

Not just you, there are blue and purrple outlines

This pic puts a song in my heart.

Oh hai thar :wub:

I don't think this is...a bristleworm. ...Is it?

That's Eugene... the eunice worm. :)

Yes, bristle worms are polychaetes (many bristles) and eunicidae is one member family.

Hi lak, you're too damn smart. :P

• 3 weeks later...

It's........... fugly. And I'm ashamed of it at the moment. :(

Having trouble with GHA and am in the process of doubling up water changes, changed the fuge bulb to a brighter one, less food, new bulbs, etc... Added a red mithrax crab too.

But thanks for stopping by, chika. :)

Awww hun. My nano is going through similar stage- but it's the red cyano! Have doubled up water changes too, think it's partly cause of new bulbs and water movement. Added another powerhead. Think tanks just do these things...... do you think red cyano is normal in an 8 month old tank??? :huh:

I had a cyano bloom in this tank when the PC bulbs got towards the end of their useful life.. changed them out and the cyano was gone in less than a week. Did you have the problem before or after you changed the bulbs??

Cyano came before bulb change and the cyano not budged since new bulbs placed in a week ago. What makes me suspect lack of flow is the fact that half the tank where the powerhead is placed has no cyano???

I'm a little suspect of the TDS cause home RO system and likely not the best quality

Thanks for help guys xx

Hmmm, flow could be a part of the issue, but cyano needs nutrients too. I would buy a TDS meter or take a sample of your RO water to the LFS and have them test the TDS.

TBH lost a scooter blenny recently and was trying to fatten up on various frozen and was excess food +++++

I really think this has mucho to do with the issue??? :unsure:

Oh geez! Lol, that could definitely contribute to the cyano by way of excess nutrients. Sorry about losing the scooter, but as you well know, they aren't the easiest fish. What are your water params, and have you tested for phosphates? ;)

Yup hun

Phos 0

Nitrate 0

Salifert tests and API used :huh:

Defo agree on scooter. He always ate mysis, but in a nano cannot give them enough food without the water quality failing, They pick all day- course it's not viable in a nano

*sigh* I suppose I should show you guys my ugly baby....

With a stronger light over the fuge, increased water changes, and red mithrax crab.... I dare say that the algae is actually receding.... yes, it was slightly worse than this. :eek:

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

Halimeda seems to be helping also.... popping up in the sand all over the place:

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

Fuzzy red macro:

IMG_8430.jpg

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8433.jpg

New guys:

IMG_8426.jpg

Old guys:

IMG_8409.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

So I'm now up to 3 females and 2 males. :)

Archived