inTank Media Baskets

Lalani's Pico Upgrade

Lalani

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish1124

Only skimmer I ever bought was a fission nano. Last I will ever buy for a long time ( I think it was one of the reasons my nanocube crashed...

so is algae. i'd take a skimmer over algae any day. noob.

What's wrong with algae? It's natural... noob. :happy:

Seriously though, putting a skimmer on this tank would be a huge waste, and I kinda like the challenge of solving the problem myself.

Only skimmer I ever bought was a fission nano. Last I will ever buy for a long time ( I think it was one of the reasons my nanocube crashed...

lol. that's what you get for buying a fission nano.

What's wrong with algae? It's natural... noob. :happy:

Seriously though, putting a skimmer on this tank would be a huge waste, and I kinda like the challenge of solving the problem myself.

nothing, i actually like it in your pico - i'm just giving you a hard time.

putting a skimmer on anything <15 gallons is always a waste, imo. i'm sure i could do without a skimmer on my 30, but this is currently my transition tank until i buy a house and bigger tank. i'm trying to learn as much as i can in terms drilling, plumbing, automation, filters, refugiums, sumps, dosing, etc... so that i'll have a better grasp of what i'm doing when i eventually set a big tank up.

nothing, i actually like it in your pico - i'm just giving you a hard time.

putting a skimmer on anything <15 gallons is always a waste, imo. i'm sure i could do without a skimmer on my 30, but this is currently my transition tank until i buy a house and bigger tank. i'm trying to learn as much as i can in terms drilling, plumbing, automation, filters, refugiums, sumps, dosing, etc... so that i'll have a better grasp of what i'm doing when i eventually set a big tank up.

That's the reason why I like nanos so much, no plumbing to worry about. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I like simple. What size tank are you thinking about moving up to in the future?

has anythng died lately in it? Mght be going through another cycle

Nope, params are fine.

That's the reason why I like nanos so much, no plumbing to worry about. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I like simple. What size tank are you thinking about moving up to in the future?

i dunno. i'd like to go huge but, to be honest, i have a feeling i won't get any larger than say 90g. i'm not sure i'll even get a tank that large. the maintenance involved in aquariums has begun to wear me down recently, especially with school. once i get a job, have kids, have a house to maintain, etc...it will only get worse. i'll probably just stick with the 30 for as long as i can.

clownfish1124
:lol: Hey it's actually kinda neat!

Natural algae solution...... What kind of tang should I add?

unicorn tang ftw!

is there any way of removing bubble algae without an emerald crab? i hate crabs

i dunno. i'd like to go huge but, to be honest, i have a feeling i won't get any larger than say 90g. i'm not sure i'll even get a tank that large. the maintenance involved in aquariums has begun to wear me down recently, especially with school. once i get a job, have kids, have a house to maintain, etc...it will only get worse. i'll probably just stick with the 30 for as long as i can.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The largest tank I would do would probably be like 40gal. or so. Weekly maintenance isn't too bad with the ones I have right now, and I plan on adding a 5.5gal to the mix soon, but once you get into 100gal or more, I think it gets tough.

They do look neat. I wish my bubble algae was that color green.

What color is your bubble algae??

unicorn tang ftw!

is there any way of removing bubble algae without an emerald crab? i hate crabs

lol

Break it off carefully without popping it, I would break a tiny piece of rock that it's attached to.

My emerald crab actually does a good job at picking off bubble algae. He's a little rambunctious but he gets the job done.

Edit: my bubble algae are reddish-purple.

More Vids...

Yeah... I'll take some photos today too.

Sexy shrimp on hammer:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugi...nt=DSCN9157.flv

Hydroid bush:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugi...nt=DSCN9156.flv

Feather dusters:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugi...nt=DSCN9155.flv

Stupid pistol shrimp burrowing under magfloat:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugi...nt=DSCN9154.flv

Nice videos! Looking forward to see more pics too :happy:

Yeah yeah, I'll take some pics in a little while. I changed the bulbs today, which I think was overdue, so the new bulbs are making the tank look a little blue right now.

Nice! The hydroids reminded me of dandelions. :happy:

Yeah, they do look like flowers. Here's a pic I posted of them when I first found them:

DSCN8889.jpg

Replaced the bulbs today and the corals seemed to perk up fairly quickly. Tank is still looking a little blue from the new bulbs, and here's what it looked like with the afternoon sunshine:

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

Brown hydroids:

IMG_5341.jpg

i like itttt.

ps im now in the sexy shrimp business. haha 3g tank with sand, lr, and water on the shelf :)

Thanks!

And woohoo!! Where are you going to get the sexies from? :)

Lani, quit showing off. :angry:

You should come to Vegas so you can take photos of my tank. ;)

Heh, sorries :P

And I'm planning the trip right now. Whatcha got planned for Halloween? ;)

Archived