Top Shelf Aquatics

Day Job

scottyreef

Militant Jurist
I just graduated from law school but majored in mechanical engineering as undergrad. Want to practice patent law...currently I am studying for bar exam (and planning a few tanks ha)

Good luck with the bar. I'm glad I only had to take it once. Hopefully the same will be true for you. ;)

My wife is a paralegal for a patent attorney firm! Pretty impressive work (the attorneys obviously) and what a command of both engineering and the law those guys have. Good for you.

I work at a pharmaceutical robot manufacturer. The robots sound like Terminators when they're dispensing. They don't look as cool.

i was in a lab one time, about to take apart a piece of equipment when a lab tech says "do you get nervous working around that stuff ?" I said "what stuff would that be?" as I quickly stop what I was doing. she says well that is the prion hood !!!!!!! :huh: WTF?!?!?!?!? the work order CLEARLY says "list ANY and ALL BIO SAFTEY HAZARDS that may be present. WELL I GUESS THEY FORGOT . talk about a CLOSE CALL ! I was so pissed that I left and charged them a huge fee anyway. That is not something you just say OOPS MY BAD, and it be ok.

wow...thats crazy, i would've left too! thats a huge liability problem on the labs part! i thought the only way to become infected through transmission was ingestion but still, you never know. the scientific community doesn't even know the carrier for the ebola virus, there is no way they know everything about prions

I work as an undercover security/ loss prevention for Gap Inc. Also, I am currently in college and will be attending UNLV school of Dental Medicine hopefully soon!

just got done college for electrical systems instlations and matinance a month or so ago

still have my college job at good ol' dunkin donuts as a baker 40 hours a week 3am-11am

just untill i can find an electrical job!!

I work for two architects one english and one french, (live in france) doing the admin and part time interior design studying to become full time designer - and no the interior design does not help with designing the rock work!

Edited by nellups
scottyreef

New Job title for me as of monday I am the Sr. Project Automation Engineer in charge of new projects for Cal Peak energy. Yeah its nothing but a title change i didnt even get a $1 more in pay but if they like me they will adjust my pay in the next comming year...Oh well

Edit... I ment tuesday I forgot it was wendsday lol

Edited by scottyreef
uxdesigner

Senior User Experience Lead

I manage and design software for enterprise companies using Adobe Flex or Microsoft WPF and Silverlight technologies.

I also do freelance web design and just re-designed Stevie T's Media Baskets site.

http://www.mediabaskets.com

Edited by uxdesigner

Lieutenant fire fighter. Volunteer for 7 years, paid for 3. The best job in the world. We are the jack of all trades and the masters of none. Work 10 days a month, the other days I'm going to school online to further my education. 2 year in fire science and arson investigation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
camaroracer214

i have a bachelor's degree in marine biology and i'm working for exxonmobil in one of their labs.

i am also an author. i write for and own the aquanerd blog.

Virtualization Engineer for me. I work on VMware ESX hypervisors at a large web hosting company. Before virtualization I was a Linux admin.

Nice, I just recommended VMware to my mother-in-law.

Working @ staples as a computer technician part-time. Almost done with my degree in business administration/International business... So looking to get a job with that hopefully... suggestions? =)