ReefCleaners.org

Day Job

scottyreef

I'm a Senior Project Manager for an Environmental Consulting & Engineering frim. I specialize in managing asbestos removal projects. Been doin' it for 15 years and my lung feels great!

• 2 months later...
<3 my Firefish

As a high school student, birthdays and christmas! The occasional odd job like helping people move, mowing some lawns, etc. feel free to donate! :D

Well up until I got hurt at work I was a supervisor for Directv. Handled all the commercial accounts for my area. I loved the work, and I miss working. Now I'm Mr. Mom and my kids are driving me nuckin futz. Hope to be back to work soon, not to thrilled about the economy though, esp in N.Y. state. I have a permit to drive tractor trailers just have to take the road test to get my licence. Starting over in a whole new career @ 33yrs old is not fun.

meganistkrieg

Funeral director! At the moment I'm giving that a rest and working in finance (cash advances for small businesses) while I decide if I want to go back to directing or not. Also considering grad school to study old-school Germanic literature. :happy: Someday, someday!

I'm a Web Applications Architect, basically a computer programmer that designs/builds websites. I work for a small web dev firm in downtown Chicago. My wife's a transportation and logistics manager for a company that makes suspension systems for semis, buses, RVs, etc.

Worst job ever: In high school, my dad was the CFO for a John Deere industrial equipment dealer (the yellow construction equipment, not the green farm stuff). Starting in my freshman year, I was required to "learn the value of a dollar" by working for his company steam-cleaning construction equipment when it came back in from rentals. There's nothing like wearing a full rubber suit, helmet, face shield and steel-toe boots in 95 degree August heat. I'd sweat out 10-15lbs a day in the summer. Stayed there, making $5.25/hr, for four full years.

How can you thrive in a job that you find boring?

its not boring to me , but to someone who doesn't do it , it is very boring. i like taking things apart or tracking down electrical problems. i also take random air samples in pharmacy compounding areas, operating rooms, or any other sterile areas of hospitals. the part that really sux though is when a customer calls saying they have a grossing station that will not drain properly. that usually means that whatever body part they were cutting up for a biopsy ..... well lets just say that some of it is missing and i get to find it. or the machine that is used for working with swine flu , aids , or herpes...... when it breaks, yeah thats me. i like it a lot, but when you start explaining it to people they lose intrest pretty quick b/c most of them have no clue as to what you are talking about