ReefCleaners.org

Day Job

scottyreef

I feel bad saying this, but the doctors declare me as disabled. I have extremely bad Social Anxiety. When I get near large groups of people I throw up my food, get shaky/anxious and overall nauseous and they still don't know what the actual cause is yet. I gotta say that it really ####ing sucks... People take for granted the daily life you get to live, being able to do pretty much whatever you want, I'd give just about anything to be normal again. But until they find out what is wrong with my brain/stomach I'll have to stay at home and watch t.v.(and no, it's not as fun as you think)..

Edited by montipora

I work at a local pizza restaurant in my town. Somehow, with the tips im able to get by. Within the next few days ill know if I got a way better job delivering auto parts. Papa wants a new tank, baby!

cheryl jordan

Hey montipora :happydance:

There are to many treatments for anxiety disorder, that if one thing is not working for you, you have got to be really proactive in finding another approuch.

I work in the medical field so I do have some experince with it and a love one that has it as well. Sometimes it is very genetic and sometimes it is just the way you are wired. But whatever the reason it can be unbearable at times.

I think exercise is a good way to deal with part of it, or at least take the edge off. A lot of the drugs to treat it are very effective, but they have a rebound tendency and an addiction tendency. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Hang in there, age seems to help as well. :D

Im a high end Home Theater Technician.,., get to install and play with all the new expensive toys for people who could just about literally buy and sell most of us.,., Big tips.,. and free gear from time to time., I do ok.,. Been in the industry for 15 years now., still enjoy going to work.,., most days., lol working for the disgustingly rich can be stressful at times :owned:

Hey montipora :happydance:

There are to many treatments for anxiety disorder, that if one thing is not working for you, you have got to be really proactive in finding another approuch.

I work in the medical field so I do have some experince with it and a love one that has it as well. Sometimes it is very genetic and sometimes it is just the way you are wired. But whatever the reason it can be unbearable at times.

I think exercise is a good way to deal with part of it, or at least take the edge off. A lot of the drugs to treat it are very effective, but they have a rebound tendency and an addiction tendency. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Hang in there, age seems to help as well. :D

Hello Cheryl! Exercise has been great, I walk and bikeride daily and try to stay as active as I possibly can. But my endurance level is not high at all. I'm only 23 and have the appetite of a new born baby(it's depressing). And yes, it seems to be hereditary as my whole family suffers from it, but not as bad. As far as medication, I had been taking alprazalam but the doctor took me off and am now on clonazepam. Those two said medicines have done absolutely squat for the vomiting and almost no noticeable change in my mood.brain chemistry. One medicine by the name of sertraline has been really good. I can go into stores when a year or so you could not pay me a million dollars to go into them. But there is still a vomiting effect when I have even just half a sandwich in my stomach, it's fricken insane. It's nice to talk to someone who has first hand knowledge in this field, as there are not too many people who know much about it. :)

Edited by montipora
jakeottoson8

I"m in college and working for the apartment complex I live at. Got into reefing when we recieved 250$ checks for fully leasing the property a few months ago. Little did I know it'd cost more than 250$ but thank god for the bit of income I get next to my free rent. :happydance:

Insurance claims adjuster, which really is not as boring as it sounds, but can get depressing. I get to pay those injured in major industrial/auto/construction accidents, or their families if they die. And those are pictures you really don't want to see.

FishFreak77

I work at a local bakery in my town heping customers that come in. I pretty much sell the goods and take orders. Some days the people drive me up the wall but it is fairly easy and pays for my reef addiction B) . Hooray for minimum wage jobs! :P

I am going to school at Alabama, but my summer job is in the local city schools warehouse. It's good money and I'm not a real big spender, so when I do spend, I have enough to pour into my money pit/aquarium. Ha.

I'm a full time pre-med/microbiology student at zoomass amherst, hoping to get into neurology, more specifically multiple sclerosis or prion disorders, someday. To fund my reefing addiction as well as help pay for school i work as a scanner at a family practice in downtown amherst. i pretty much take all the documents that come into the office(except biling documents) scan them into the computer, and attach them to patients profiles. Its a pretty awesome job for a pre-med student, i'm really learning a lot.

here's a link to my office

http://doctorkate.net/

I'm a full time pre-med/microbiology student at zoomass amherst, hoping to get into neurology, more specifically multiple sclerosis or prion disorders, someday. To fund my reefing addiction as well as help pay for school i work as a scanner at a family practice in downtown amherst. i pretty much take all the documents that come into the office(except biling documents) scan them into the computer, and attach them to patients profiles. Its a pretty awesome job for a pre-med student, i'm really learning a lot.

here's a link to my office

http://doctorkate.net/

Whoa ! Prions are some NASTY stuff. Good luck

Whats a prion? Can anyone claim the title of "pre-med" or are there certain course pre-requisites?

Not hating - I know Amherst is a good school. All of the 2 people I know that went there for undergrad ended up going to B school at Harvard

I am an investment banking associate..... Spreadsheet monkey.......

Whoa ! Prions are some NASTY stuff. Good luck

Thanks!!

Whats a prion? Can anyone claim the title of "pre-med" or are there certain course pre-requisites?

Not hating - I know Amherst is a good school. All of the 2 people I know that went there for undergrad ended up going to B school at Harvard

prions are normal proteins in the brain that for any number of reasons begin folding abnormally and make the brain look like swiss cheese...once you're infected and symptoms present themselves you have 3-6 months...basically mad cow disease and any variation of it

pre-med is just a track of courses that medical schools require

i wish i went to amherst...i unfortunately go to umass, the rowdy, alcoholic next door neighbor...luckily i commute instead of living on campus, what i'm lacking in social life i make up for in functioning liver cells

Edited by peach

I just graduated from law school but majored in mechanical engineering as undergrad. Want to practice patent law...currently I am studying for bar exam (and planning a few tanks ha)

Thanks!!

prions are normal proteins in the brain that for any number of reasons begin folding abnormally and make the brain look like swiss cheese...once you're infected and symptoms present themselves you have 3-6 months...basically mad cow disease and any variation of it

pre-med is just a track of courses that medical schools require

i wish i went to amherst...i unfortunately go to umass, the rowdy, alcoholic next door neighbor...luckily i commute instead of living on campus, what i'm lacking in social life i make up for in functioning liver cells

i was in a lab one time, about to take apart a piece of equipment when a lab tech says "do you get nervous working around that stuff ?" I said "what stuff would that be?" as I quickly stop what I was doing. she says well that is the prion hood !!!!!!! :huh: WTF?!?!?!?!? the work order CLEARLY says "list ANY and ALL BIO SAFTEY HAZARDS that may be present. WELL I GUESS THEY FORGOT . talk about a CLOSE CALL ! I was so pissed that I left and charged them a huge fee anyway. That is not something you just say OOPS MY BAD, and it be ok.