Innovative Marine Aquariums

Free Starter Frag Pack Giveaway

Weetabix7

okay so here goes nothing.

14gal biocube. pulled the bioballs and replaced with cheato and added a light. also have the oceanic mini-protein skimmer in chamber one.

3 hermit crabs, 2 snails, 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 just found this mini crab guy who is super cool but i never really get to see him.

my live rock came with some small corals attached as u can see the mushrooms. there was some pulsing xenia but alot of it died/infected. whats nice is there are new ones popping up not far from the old ones and these seem a tiny bit active.

the tank is 3 weeks old and Notice all that white area in the front of the rocks, sure would look good with a few little additions lol

i also have paypal, fedex acct, etc..etc......

good1an3.jpg

good2zn1.jpg

kojo that is a sweet setup

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi there!

im tangboy (jeff) 's student thats into reefing i think hes said something about me to u well anyways sorry no pics and im at my dads house with no camera....but i was thinking that me and my dad would split it up....my tank is about 3 mounths old and my dads just got done cycleing awhile ago...mabe 1 mounth.........i was thinking if ido get picked.....we could meet at the Aquarium or at the Coral Reef to get the coral to me.....if i dont qualify as a noob......i guess i'll give it all to mydad... :( but he has nothing in his tank at all a eaxcept live rock and live sand love to get the coral!

thanks,

drew

Looking at your sig, it looks like you've got enough corals in your tank to not be considered "pitiful"!

Can you tell me more about your dad's tank? What size tank, lighting, filtration, is he finished cycling, etc.

IN THE RUNNING:

-hazmat

-brian92

-Md's Finest

-rnewhou

Saltwaternewb, how long exactly has your tank been set up and what are your current readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and PH?

Djpaul81, zhubbell, Cam198, and Reefer-tron, I like all of your tanks, but I eliminated you from the running because you already have too much nice stuff! Yes, that's right, in this contest pitifulness is GOOD!!

Cam198 and zhubbell, you guys should start a tank thread if you haven't already.

Ocho Cinco, I'm thinking about it, but I suspect you're not quite pitiful enough even though you are a DOOFUS!!

The only thing I don't like about contests like this is that I don't have enough to give to as many people as I'd like.

If I could, I'd give away 2 or 3 starter packs!

Hmm, what else can I scare up.... (scratches head & mumbles to self while peering into tank...)

Can you at least give me a reason why I'm not on there?;)

okay so here goes nothing.

14gal biocube. pulled the bioballs and replaced with cheato and added a light. also have the oceanic mini-protein skimmer in chamber one.

3 hermit crabs, 2 snails, 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 just found this mini crab guy who is super cool but i never really get to see him.

my live rock came with some small corals attached as u can see the mushrooms. there was some pulsing xenia but alot of it died/infected. whats nice is there are new ones popping up not far from the old ones and these seem a tiny bit active.

the tank is 3 weeks old and Notice all that white area in the front of the rocks, sure would look good with a few little additions lol

i also have paypal, fedex acct, etc..etc......

good1an3.jpg

good2zn1.jpg

kojo that is a sweet setup

What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH readings?

Can you at least give me a reason why I'm not on there?;)

Cause you posted after I made up the list. I'll update the list later tonight.

well lets c my dads tank....its a 29gal bio cube

it has the stocklights,

it has the bioballs, filter carterage, and the sponge thing for filtration,

it has the stock pump,

it has 2 Nass. snails, 2 other snails (dont remember what kind they r) got them from Coral Reef,

1 Theo Heater,

15-20lbs live sand,

25-30lbs live rock,

thats it, sorry i would give what the trates,trites, ammonia, salinity and what not but test kit is at moms house,

really sorry cant give pics

thanks for letin one of us have a chance at the coral!

drew

th_IMG_4236.jpg

th_IMG_4243.jpg

th_IMG_4269.jpg

th_IMG_4265.jpg

th_IMG_4264.jpg

th_IMG_4259.jpg

Well I hope my pictures come through. This is my first time trying to post pictures on this site. I also included two pictures of my daughter and I. I have been reading this site quite often to get information, but haven't felt ready to actually contribute much. I have had my BC 8 for just over three weeks. I haven't done any mods on the tank yet, but I plan to add a small powerhead for circulation. I had a very fast cycle and my water has been very stable with the exception for a temperature spike to 83 a week ago when the weather shot way up here in south Florida. I am looking into adding additional fans, but in the mean time I have been regulating the temperature with my AC. I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank, but this is my first time keeping a salt water tank and I am already thinking about converting my 55 to salt as well. Currently I have two orange snails, a banded coral shrimp, a small colony of zoo's (ID?) and today I bought a red mushroom. I have 9 pounds of live rock. I have changed my scape three times already, but I am still unhappy with it and I am beginning to wonder if I just have too much live rock all together. For fish I plan to add a small goby or blenny. One of the ballasts on my tank broke down last week and the company sent me two new ones. If I win this contest I could pass along my spare ballast to anyone in need for shipping costs.

IN THE RUNNING:

-hazmat

-brian92

-Md's Finest

-rnewhou

Saltwaternewb, how long exactly has your tank been set up and what are your current readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and PH?

Djpaul81, zhubbell, Cam198, and Reefer-tron, I like all of your tanks, but I eliminated you from the running because you already have too much nice stuff! Yes, that's right, in this contest pitifulness is GOOD!!

Cam198 and zhubbell, you guys should start a tank thread if you haven't already.

Ocho Cinco, I'm thinking about it, but I suspect you're not quite pitiful enough even though you are a DOOFUS!!

The only thing I don't like about contests like this is that I don't have enough to give to as many people as I'd like.

If I could, I'd give away 2 or 3 starter packs!

Hmm, what else can I scare up.... (scratches head & mumbles to self while peering into tank...)

Come on, I'm pitiful!!!!! At leasy my 3 gallon is.Is being a Doofus a good thing? There's a funny Seinfeld with Doofus in it.

I wanted a saltwater tank for the longest time, so about a year ago i started doing some research. Google helped me to find nano-reef (yes!), and i've been addicted ever since. I mostly just read all of the ridiculously knowledgably posts all of you contribute to the board. So after doing research for a year, i decided to get my first tank, and i just ended my cycle (feb 24th i got the tank). It's a 24gallon aquapod, i just updated the pump with a mj1200 & also purchased the Hydor Koralia (thanks to all of your tips!). I'll also be upgrading my lighting and my fans soon. For now all i have are 23lbs of liverock and a zebra damsel fish to help with the ammonia in my tank aka Mark.

I would be so thrilled to receive you starter frags, it'd be perfect for my tank.

I have a paypal account and will def send you pics of your frags in my tank, if i win.

blubrandjm5.png

sry the pic quality is poor, used the camera on my phone.

Brandon

Bluepanda, where you at in S. Fl?

I used to work at Fish's Paradise in Hallandale on Hall. Bch. Blvd. It's a good place to go if you live anywhere close to there.

OC, I dunno. I think if you could post a pitiful pic of you dressed up to look like THE HOFF, that would definitely put you in the running!!! :D

And I meant "doofus" in a good way when I called you one.

Come on, I'm pitiful!!!!! At leasy my 3 gallon is.Is being a Doofus a good thing? There's a funny Seinfeld with Doofus in it.

She said I'm a Doofus so YES!!! It is a good thing!

Wow! This is great! I wish I could participate also but my tank won't be officially started (water added) until another 4 weeks. I still have a couple more pieces of equipment to buy beforehand. But I do however want to give an early congrats to whomever gets this pack. Kudos to you Weetie for doing this!

Robin

hey just submitted my tank, its the last post on pg 3, just incase anyone missed it, since it was the last post of the page :P

well Wettabix,

what do u think of my dads tank?

just ask my teach....he'llback me up on howpitiful my dads tank is......it still needs its first WC done....plannin on keepin the coral in my tank till i can git the first WC done

thanks,

drew

Fish's Paradise is actually about 10 minutes from my house. Most of my FW fish are from them. Going there is actually what turned me onto SW. I got really bad advice from there once. Thankfully I knew not to follow it, but I have been a bit wary ever since. I found a very tiny store on Pembroke Road that I now go to. It is a very mama and pops store. Very friendly, helpful and they have a large selection of small coral.

jeffreyliu35953

Hey, Jeff here. I've been a long time lurker, and this will be my first post. Anyways, my tank was started towards the end of December, and I've only recently added some livestock. This pic is kinda old. I now have a sebae clown in there, and he usually hangs in that little gave behind that coral skeleton. Pretty much all you're missing out on though.

DSC01418.jpg

Thanks.

EDIT: A buddy of mine is giving me some of his overgrown coral this weekend. I'll post a pic on the forums later on to keep you guys updated on my tank :)

Fish's Paradise is actually about 10 minutes from my house. Most of my FW fish are from them. Going there is actually what turned me onto SW. I got really bad advice from there once. Thankfully I knew not to follow it, but I have been a bit wary ever since. I found a very tiny store on Pembroke Road that I now go to. It is a very mama and pops store. Very friendly, helpful and they have a large selection of small coral.

I lived about 3 minutes from there & my daughter as well as weetie worked there. If you got bad advice in the SW section, it wasn't from a SW person. Joe would never let just anyone work in SW. The rest of the employees are just SW wannabe's. :lol:

It was actually FW advice. The person told me to only do water changes every few months so that the PH could naturally drop on its own. I can definitely tell who are the more knowledgeable now that I have been there a few times. BTW I love the large FW tank when you first walk in the door. I could watch those fish for hours. When did move away from Florida?

I lived about 3 minutes from there & my daughter as well as weetie worked there. If you got bad advice in the SW section, it wasn't from a SW person. Joe would never let just anyone work in SW. The rest of the employees are just SW wannabe's. :lol:

I have had tanks before, broke them down after the Virginia Tech shooting when I moved and just restarted 3 weeks ago.

20H with 70W MH soon to be 96W T-5

Aquaclear PF

MJ 900

~18lbs LR

15lbs LS

Fish:

Purple Pseudochromis

2 Damsels

1 Jawfish

Coral:

Toadstool leater

Hairy mushroom (1)

Zoas (about 10 total polyps)

Just graduated college so I am broke hence no more coral!

IMG_5010.jpg

Not to be harsh but there are some pitiful tanks in this thread. ;) Weetie's got a job picking just one lucky winner. This is why I like NR so much.

Archived