Pod Your Reef

Free Starter Frag Pack Giveaway

Weetabix7

I have a few small frags left from the breakdown of my prop tank and am putting together a frag pack to give away.

I would prefer to give these to a newer member who has a cycled tank but not much in it yet, just to help them get started. If you're not a newer member you can still enter, but I'll tell you up front that I won't give this to you if you have a decent bit of stuff in your tank already.

To enter for the giveaway, please post a pic of your tank and include your tank specs and start-up date.

I will give unapologetic preference to n00bs who have demonstrated a desire to learn about and care for their tanks responsibly, and to members who have made positive contributions to the N-R community, however small.

Whoever gets this will have to pay for shipping costs. $10 for Priority Shipping or $25 for USPS Express shipping.

I haven't decided for sure yet how I'll pick the recipient. I may start a poll, I may have a drawing, and I may just pick someone, dunno yet. I'm open to suggestions on that.

For the moment I'm just taking entries.

Deadline for entering this is 12 midnight tonight, CST.

Remember, to qualify you need to post a pic of your tank, it's start up date, and your tank specs such as lighting, filtration, LR, etc.

I will be giving away small frags of the following:

DSCN1868.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0882.jpg

RSCN0788.jpg

I may have some chaeto I can throw in as well, I'll know that for sure tomorrow.

These are not big, flashy frags, but they are good, hardy starter frags.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my new little 14g i am sure would enjoy a new addition to my near empty tank :P

will be posting a pic as soon as im home

thanks

I would love to get in this, but I don't have a method of paying :(

Are you saying you don't have enough $$ to cover shipping costs, or you don't have a PayPal account?

If it's the latter, I will accept a money order by mail, just cause I'm such an awesome person. :P

Yeah, no Paypal, money's not the issue, I usually have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I'm just not so big with online purchasing. In fact, my sister just had her debit cards shut off because of fraudulent purchases. The money orders a huge possibility, so if I win I could do that.

Yeah, no Paypal, money's not the issue, I usually have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I'm just not so big with online purchasing. In fact, my sister just had her debit cards shut off because of fraudulent purchases. The money orders a huge possibility, so if I win I could do that.

Well go ahead and post your pic/s and info then!

Cool, I'll have to do that after 7 when I'm outta school for the day.

Allright, finally got hoe and picked one of the better pictures, still learning to use the new camera.

Reef%20tank%203-22-08.JPG.jpg

Tank is an AGA 16 gallon bowfront, Finnex 2x36watt PC light, 2 190gph power heads and 1 hob for filter floss. It has been setup for 2 1/2 months. Stock includes 1 royal gramma, 1 pep. shrimp, 5 nas. snails, 2 cerith snails, 5 astrea snails, 2 scarlet hermits(5 blue legs to be added on friday). Corals include 4 types of zoas/palys, alveopora frag, pagoda frag, pulsing xenia, 2 hitch hiker mushrooms, and a beat up but slowly recovering cynarina brain(ordered a lobophyllia :angry: ).

usssturgeon187

Im no noob but I did just start a 20 gal cube ! . I can post pics & a descritpion In a day or two . As how to decide maybe a question on reef keeping . A puzzle or just pick the one you like the most ! "Its your thang do what you want to do "

Damn my tank's still got a week or so to finish cycling. Used a fellow reefers rock and water that's been in his tank over a year. This would have been perfect. If you ever decided to do this again, or be willing to sell me a polyp or two of those oranges I'd love to get some of those. I used to have them in my mb7 before it went down.

Hey! I'll try.....

I started my Red Sea Max on Feb 23, 2008. Never had a SW tank before. Total Newbie.

I had a very short cycle due to cured 34 lbs. LR and 30 lbs.LS but I'm still going REALLY slow. Water parameters have been stable since week 2. StevieT has been my mentor and I have gotten so much information from him and others on this board.

I have the stock T5 lighting, stock skimmer, and stock powerheads. I added an ATO system,Chemi pure and Purigen and I am expecting an order to arrive from Marine Depot for an additional Koralia 2. Also considering adding the Tunze 9002 skimmer.

I have two true clowns and I just added a Yellow Watchman Goby on Sunday. I told him I was entering this contest and he came to the front of the tank to say "Pick Me!!!" He has been hiding in the back under a rock facing the back wall since I got him. This is his first appearance. Him coming to the front has got to be a sign!

1 Green star polyp purchased with the Goby. Just starting to forgive me and open up!

Now for the picture:

010.jpg

And I have a paypal account! :D

Thanks for your consideration!

Heidi

I'll try it :) right now I only have a kenya tree and some zoos I will go take pics now

Nanoreef.jpg

I also have paypal :happydance: Now I'm kinda embarrassed the kenya tree was mad because I knocked it over during a water change 15 minutes ago It's 2.5 months old

This tank was started on december 28, 2008

28 gallon euro bowfront

I have a 4 lamp t-5 fixture

1hydor koralia 1

and I'm buying a coralife super skimmer 65 in about a week

My green zoas on top are my favorites but the picture doesn't really show that at all as well along with some anthelia bottom right they grow fast

and 28 lbs of liverock

I also am not adding anymore fish until I switch over to a 40 gallon breeder in a few months

I also have a biowheel filter without the biowheel with purigen

Thanks for the opportunity it stinks you had to break down your frag tank

Also Me=responsible noob

Also

nitrate 5

nitrite 0

PH 8.4

SG 1.025

Also in massachusetts there is 1 "reef store" if you want to call it that who knows why figured there'd be a market for it around it here :huh:. This My first sw aquarium

Also I would wish for world peace

modularduck
The link in my sig is my tank

EPIC FAIL....you could atleast post a pic here...damn weetie offers free stuff and you can't put forth a little effort? come on now.

Tanque Verde
EPIC FAIL....you could atleast post a pic here...damn weetie offers free stuff and you can't put forth a little effort? come on now.

This is a nice gesture, Weetabix. I am going to recommend it to airangel, who I believe meets all of these criteria and whose local reefkeeping community is not quite large enough to shower her with start up corals.

2mo old on this tank. Recently upgrade from a 24NC which was about 2.5yrs old.

Tanks Specs:

40G

40lbs rock

50lbs sand

Fuge in the back with chaeto

Lighting:

250w MH 14k

2x 24w T5 10k and Act

Plumbing:

Remora Pro Skimmer

JBJ ATO

2x Tunze 6025 (just added to replace the Koralia and Maxijet)

Fish:

1 firefish

3 chromis

1 coral beauty

Coral:

orange zoos

leather

red monti cap

yellow turbinaria

frog spawn

red and green favia

a few other SPS

clam

IMG_2798.jpg

I dunno if i qualify as a noob, i've had a reef tank for about 8 months? but this ones new, adn i LOVE those orange zoa's, so it's worth a shot...

My new coral tank, tahts been up for about, 3 weeks (but all from long term established rock, sand, etc.) is a custom acrylic tank that I built.

1206394888.jpg

whole set up

photo-25.jpg

couple of clams, and a trach

photo.jpg

top down - that hair algaes gone though

the display is 23.5"x16"x10", with a Viper 150HQI, a koralina power heads, and a rio power head, I also havea built in overflow, where then the water flows into the fuge that sits alongside it is 23.5"x8"x8", the only filtration running the fuge, and carbon bag in the baffle system. The fuge is heavily planted with mangrove trees, chaeto, fan worms, and soon to be gorgonians as well to cover my "filter feeder" CUC. - oh ya, and a stealth heater, dont remember for sure wattage.

I cant recall what the return pump is off the top of my head, but it keeps it moving.

current inhabitants include:

~5 asst. zoa colonies

~colony of 8 Ricordea Yuma

~4 asst. Monti caps

~3 birdsnest

~sun coral

~green/purple mushroom colony, 8-10 heads

~CuC of course - red legged hermits, blue legged, nassarius snails, pencil urchin, sand sifter star, astreas snails, turbo margarita snails, pom pom crab

~2 domino damsels

~Deresa

~Crocea

~Maxima

~3 huge Trachs

~Carnation

LOL! hillarious

gotta at least want it to b considered bro

Md's Finest

Hi Weetabix7.

Md's finest here. I got a 2 1/2 gallon pico here. Its been up for 2 months and a week. I got an AC20with stock filter media, 4 lbs of lr, 3 lbs Carib-sea ls, and I use 100% Nutri-Sea water. I have an 18 watt coralife aqualight mini and I used a elite mini filter without the sponge piece for more flow. I top off with grocery store distilled water. Right now the only inhabitants are 2 nass snails, 1 unkown snail, 2 blue legged hermits. Also, 1 small frag of pusling xenia I bought last night. If I am picked I will be sure to return the favor in the future when I get some more stuff. Anyway, here is my tank.

post-35511-1206559847_thumb.jpg

Sorry bout the blur. My camera must suck or I'm not using it right.

Md's Finest

post-35511-1206559915_thumb.jpg

post-35511-1206560044_thumb.jpg

This is a pic of my newer 3 gallon. I recently re-did the whole thing trying to make it into like zoa garden. I would LOVE to get this even for more ($$) :P . My local lfs's don't have a very good selection of zoas so these would be a real treat. Also I've have never bought livestock offline, so I'd like to experience that too! Thanks for looking Weetie!! Oh, I have a ac20, 18 watt Coralife mini aqualight, lr, some frags, a springer dottyback and a cuc.

NEWFts.jpg

24g AquaPod (1/26/08), 20-25 lbs LR for now with a 70w Sunpod MH

I've been going slow, asking (driving other members crazy) as far as getting things going, right now I've got the sand, rocks, 2 or 3 blue legged hermits, a mix of 3 or 4 different snails (1 astrea snail, a turbo snail and 2 nassarius snails) and nothing else. Well I've seen some pods and bristleworms. I recently added 2 small YCG. I would love to be considered for some easy to care for corals.

I'm running SBCae's Solana skimmer with purigen/chemipure in the back chamber, and replaced the stock pump with a MJ1200, also using a bit of floss which is tossed out with my water changes.

I also have a CPR in tank fuge with some chaeto for more water filtration capacities and for pod production (and for some color in an otherwise plain boring tank, lol)

Thanks for considering me for your giveaway offer. aquapod3-20-08.jpg

Archived