Sexies in the bag...

InBag.jpg

Sexy #1

Sexy1.jpg

Sexy #2

Sexy2.jpg

Sexy #3

Sexy3.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality, had to use my phone as my camera decided to die a while back lol.

Awesome!! I want my trio nowwwwww ugh haha

Cute. But those Haitian pink tip is kinda hard to keep long term. Especially new tank or someone with limited experience with anemones (not sure if that applies but just throwing it out there)

As to emerald crabs.....well, they can turn from sweet to pita. They also crap a lot & are pigs that seem to be always hungry.

• Like 1

Nice. 2 females and a male.

Really! that is great...thanks for the info on that ToyBuddha :)

Cute. But those Haitian pink tip is kinda hard to keep long term. Especially new tank or someone with limited experience with anemones (not sure if that applies but just throwing it out there) As to emerald crabs.....well, they can turn from sweet to pita. They also crap a lot & are pigs that seem to be always hungry.

Thanks :). As far as the anemone, the pet store said it was a Atlantic Condylactis Anemone....is that the same thing?

Awesome!! I want my trio nowwwwww ugh haha

LOL....you will get them no doubt ;)!

• Like 1

CONGRATS!

i hope they do okay. i was shocked by how small mine

were too. and my larger one is 1/2 inch!

i have freshwater shrimp and my ghost shrimp is like 10 times

bigger than my sexy shrimp. =O

good luck, dave!!! and enjoy them!

I sure will, been staring at them for a while just enjoying them lol. After I got them in the tank it seems they will be fine, not big enough to get in the fish's mouths hahaha.

I wanted some freshwater shrimp for my 55g FW tank, but I got 6 Blood Fin parrots in there and they would be a meal for them. What I may do, is when I get my bigger build, I will give my son the 10g since he wants something bigger and I will take his 3g and turn it into a FW Cherry Shrimp tank. Or even better a Pico with a bunch of sexy's in it. :P

Well dang! Guess that's what I get for listening to the pet store :wacko:.

I will look at it as a challenge, if I can keep it alive and healthy then it will show me I can go into harder inhabitants when I do my bigger build. Plus it was basically free so couldn't pass it up.

I sure will, been staring at them for a while just enjoying them lol. After I got them in the tank it seems they will be fine, not big enough to get in the fish's mouths hahaha.

I wanted some freshwater shrimp for my 55g FW tank, but I got 6 Blood Fin parrots in there and they would be a meal for them. What I may do, is when I get my bigger build, I will give my son the 10g since he wants something bigger and I will take his 3g and turn it into a FW Cherry Shrimp tank. Or even better a Pico with a bunch of sexy's in it. :P

Well dang! Guess that's what I get for listening to the pet store :wacko:.

I will look at it as a challenge, if I can keep it alive and healthy then it will show me I can go into harder inhabitants when I do my bigger build. Plus it was basically free so couldn't pass it up.

They are usually very inexpensive (now you know why) so definitely not a great loss. And if you get lucky, it can make you feel as an established bad a$$ reefer ;)
  • Like 1

They are usually very inexpensive (now you know why) so definitely not a great loss. And if you get lucky, it can make you feel as an established bad a$$ reefer ;)

ROFL.....I like the sound of that, bad a$$ reefer :D

Keep that pink tip for a year and I will make you "Bad A$$ Reefer" t-shirt that you can wear it proudly ;)

You got a deal maniu :haha:. Love a good challenge...and t-shirts lol.

Woohoo I go to pick mine up in the morning!!! Got a 5.5 pico with a few rock flower nems just for them. It's gonna be a little sexy haven. How many would be good to have in a 5.5g I'm starting with 3 didn't know if 5 would be ok or what.

Pics will come very soon :D

Woohoo I go to pick mine up in the morning!!! Got a 5.5 pico with a few rock flower nems just for them. It's gonna be a little sexy haven. How many would be good to have in a 5.5g I'm starting with 3 didn't know if 5 would be ok or what.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the pics :)

antsypants

Get a bunch if it's just sexies! Like 5-7 or 40. jk. :D But I know I would sleep better at night knowing I have an army of teetering, meandering, adorable invertebrates by my side :)

• Like 2

Get a bunch if it's just sexies! Like 5-7 or 40. jk. :D But I know I would sleep better at night knowing I have an army of teetering, meandering, adorable invertebrates by my side :)

I'm thinking 5 is what I'm gonna aim for, going to fill the tank with ricordea, and rock flowers, and maybe a few zoas.

and that's a great description of those little guys lol

antsypants

I'm thinking 5 is what I'm gonna aim for, going to fill the tank with ricordea, and rock flowers, and maybe a few zoas.

and that's a great description of those little guys lol

Sounds like a great plan :) I don't currently own any but I feel they'll definitely be happy with all those nems/pseudo nems, heh. Plans for any other fish/inverts?

And that's definitely what I think of when I look at em :lol:

Yeah I was talking with someone bout it just the other day. I feel like they are classified as nems in some way, but that could just be me. I have a basic CUC from reef cleaners plus a few tiny blue hermits will watch them just in case they get frisky. As for fish I have a citron clown goby or warpaint goby. Really cool little guy but one of the rocks is pukani and he just hides in it all day and never comes out. :angry:

antsypants

Yeah I was talking with someone bout it just the other day. I feel like they are classified as nems in some way, but that could just be me. I have a basic CUC from reef cleaners plus a few tiny blue hermits will watch them just in case they get frisky. As for fish I have a citron clown goby or warpaint goby. Really cool little guy but one of the rocks is pukani and he just hides in it all day and never comes out. :angry:

Nems are different from coral though I'm foggy about the details :P

And sweet, citron are awesome!

antsypants

Just checked, they are only referred to that cause they can detach and float to a new location, and of course their appearance.

Ah that makes sense. Though in some ways, mushrooms cross that line when they move around, though I don't think they ever completely detach

Ah that makes sense. Though in some ways, mushrooms cross that line when they move around, though I don't think they ever completely detach

LFS told me mushrooms were somewhere

between coral and nem. and mushrooms *do*

"walk" around the tank. they detach entirely

if they feel like it, and sort of scoot about. ha!

mine has never, but my tank is super small.

Dave, your sexies and nem look great! congrats!

UPDATE: So unfortunately, Operation Sexy is being put on hold :( LFS couldn't find any... sigh. Will try again this weekend.

hope they get some in soon for you!

i had to special order and lucked out.

Dave, your sexies and nem look great! congrats!

Thanks Cindy, here is another pic I got this morning. Two of the sexies are already making friends with the anemone lol.

SandA.jpg

• Like 2

Well two of the three sexies didnt make it. :( Hopefully I will be able to get whatever the lfs has left.

:(

so sad. fingers crossed for you. they are super tiny

so i can see how travel can be hard. mine came from

a local source, and even then, the smaller one molted

in the bag. good luck!

antsypants

LFS told me mushrooms were somewhere

between coral and nem. and mushrooms *do*

"walk" around the tank. they detach entirely

if they feel like it, and sort of scoot about. ha!

mine has never, but my tank is super small.

Weeeeird hehe, the ocean is all sorts of weird :D

Well two of the three sexies didnt make it. :( Hopefully I will be able to get whatever the lfs has left.

Aw man :( Did you get them shipped?

Had a LFS order them for me and i just picked them up in the bag for cheap since they would just get lost in his 1000+ gallon system. He ordered some extras in case of this, and one other person is getting some hopefully there will be some left for me to get.

• Like 1