Cultivated Reef

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

Nor_Cal_Cuber

Sexy Party!

DSC01730.jpg

Caught these guys about an hour after acclimation. This is our kitchen tank and during cooking dinner I counted seven lined up right there where these guys are dancing. Little party animals.

12 in, hoping to add a pair of dwarf sea ponies next month...

IMAG0041.jpg

Do I need more kids to take care of?

Sexy party day! Looking forward to your shots shipmate!

Woohooo!

As promised pictures!

DSCF3430.jpg

Lower left and upper right! Got both in one shot!

DSCF3446.jpg

This guy was breaking it down for me!

I will more than likely be picking up one or two more!

Edited by Coastie
Sexy Party!

DSC01730.jpg

Caught these guys about an hour after acclimation. This is our kitchen tank and during cooking dinner I counted seven lined up right there where these guys are dancing. Little party animals.

12 in, hoping to add a pair of dwarf sea ponies next month...

IMAG0041.jpg

Do I need more kids to take care of?

Man I had dwarf sea horses before. Waaaaaaaaay to much work to keep food growing for them.

I know I JUSTTTT posted pictures but it was feeding time in the ole box of water and I got some good pics of the skrimps, too bad the water was slightly cloudy from the food.

DSCF3470.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

DSCF3464.jpg

Nor_Cal_Cuber
Man I had dwarf sea horses before. Waaaaaaaaay to much work to keep food growing for them.

How much work was it? I'm looking at some tank raised...maybe not the best place for this discussion.

My sixline just committed suicide., so I guess it's sexy time again

Hahahahah classic!!! I just looked through all 65 pages, I was sold on page one. Getting some of these when my 20L is all set up!!!

Nah, the sexies have no trouble with powerhads. They're fast/strong enough to stay out of them and sometimes they'll even perch on them if they aren't super strong. :)

I dunno about suction tubes though. I would probably put some kind of net material to cover it.

Nor_Cal_Cuber
anyone ever had success with sexys and a snaping shrimp? red banded... if that helps...(Alpheus randalli)

Someone in this thread did. What page, who knows. Search the thread, box at bottom left of thread.

Edited by Nor_Cal_Cuber
animalmaster6
anyone ever had success with sexys and a snaping shrimp? red banded... if that helps...(Alpheus randalli)

Yes they are fine together. Speaking from my personal experiances, Alpheus randalli is an extremely reef-safe species.

Edited by animalmaster6
  • 2 weeks later...

P1100014.jpg

P1100015.jpg

P1100016.jpg

P1100017.jpg

Apparently Sexy Shrimp are impossible to get for my most frequented LFSs... Months after ordering them from three different shops and getting zilch... I see two Sexies at my favorite store that's about an hour from me! Finally some company for the one I already had! Can anyone sex these guys from my terrible pics? Haha. I'll try to do better during "daylight" hours...

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say, I have had more then a few problems with my sexies eating LPS and Zoa skirts. I feed pellets and flakes twice a day.

Does anyone get away with feeding them less than this (while preventing them from nipping at corals)?