Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

My sexies love the red fern type algae. They just cleaned a pc down to the stem. I tossed it in my other tank. Hope it grows again and I will move it back. I guess I will try a little chaeto for now and see if mine like that also. Thanks for the tip. If only they liked red turf algae.

OK, because of this thread I decided to go out and pick up two of the little things this past weekend.

They are both doing great however one of the little bugger keeps getting caught in the skimmer. By the way I have a 12g and it is that little plastic skimmer that comes with the tank.

That guy has already lost two legs on one side but keeps going up that that thing and getting sucked in I think.

What do I do?

On the surface skimmer on the top of the back wall? Hmmm..... maybe put some filter floss up there if it'll stay, that's all I can thing of right now. Anybody else have ideas??

On the surface skimmer on the top of the back wall? Hmmm..... maybe put some filter floss up there if it'll stay, that's all I can thing of right now. Anybody else have ideas??

Ya, that thing.

Do really need to use this anyways?

As soon as I put some chaeto in there, they jumped on it and seemed to be cleaning the crud off of it... but they didn't seem to munch on the chaeto itself. :huh:

They shouldn't have a problem with powerheads unless there is a tremendous amount of suction, but I've never kept any in a tank with PHs.

They will host just about anything, or they won't at all, totally depends on them. My mom's loved the branches of a hammer coral when it was in that tank, now they have taken up residence in pulsing xenia stalks. Mine will host the mini nems from time to time, but are usually roaming around.

Deleted User 6

Sounds good - I'm still a few months off from getting them. I'll probably add the goby/shrimp pair first since that'll be the largest bioload and then work on planning out the rest.

GOT MY sexy shrimp for my nano wave 9 gallon. Got 3 of them and I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM. So cool to watch these guys. I want to get more but all they had was 3.

also picked up a yasha haze goby for this tank. I try and get some good shots for people interested.

These shrimp are just amazing to watch.