Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Yasha Hashe Goby Thread!

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef

Goodluck to everyone who got one recently, my lfs had two in, and they were opposite sexes but it was the day after I got a pearly jaw so no more burowers and wanted a pair of yasha but after thinking about the nice sps I could get with the money i'd save, and after losing the male I got to try to pair up my female I kinda got discourage about getting another pair, plu the lfs they were at I've lost a lot of fish from as they normally don't have the healthiest fish.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishboy87

So I put both the goby and shrimp in at the same time from the same container and of course, they went opposite ways when dmped in. They goby's hiding spot and the shrimp's burrow is about 2-3" away from eachother but both of them rarely leave their spot. I tried spot feeding today and they both took some food but are still nervous and neither have been to the center of the tank since they were put in. So should I wait until the goby starts swimming around so I could bring him to the shrimp's burrow via food? What is a good way to bring both of them to eachother's attention?

• 2 weeks later...

So my tank is 2 months old, I figure I'd get my first (and probably only) fish for the tank.

He's a shy lil guy, and came out for his small feeding. It was the first time I saw him since I got him Friday morning, except when I rearranged some rock work.

keep your camera still for a while and tac a pic while he's feeding. Point the camera at the hole he comes out from (if he comes out at all)

Rbacchiega

I picked up my Yashia Pair (finally!) and all was fine and dandy...they both ate at the LFS, were paired together under the same rock when I went to pick them up etc. So I took them home and acclimated them for about 40 minutes I guess and added them to the tank...and they both went their separate ways. :huh::angry:

The male has made his den in a great spot so I'd be able to see them as they ventured out and the female is in the open, but in the back of the tank.... how long till the two of them find each other?

ps- I heart Yashias LOL

bdesper311

FYI... liveaquaria has these guys on sale right now for $35, its a fair price so if you have been waiting to pick one up, nows better than ever!

• 2 weeks later...
ThatsFishy69

I Finally GOT ONE !! After Months of waiting and searching I found one at my local lfs $50 is what i paid but i was way to excited to negotiate.

He is floating in the bag right now SO EXcited :)

ThatsFishy69

wow cool.

Can i get a pistol shrimp if i have a cleaner shrimp in my 14 bc?

reason i ask is i saw a video of a pistol shrimp hunting and killing a cleaner on youtube.

ok. so i have a 2 year old aquapod, recently vacated of fish due to my lone polymnus clown scratching his eye out (LONG story) an my LFS had a yahsa and pistol around last weekend. his business is real slow now, so it will probably stick aound for a few weeks until i can purchase it by the ed of the month, but i haven gone and checked on the little guy yet. really wanna get him :D

here is my question: after reading this thread and seeing all of the probems with theses guys, is it worth spending the $100 to get them??? they are GORGEOUS, but i want to get my re stocking off on a good note. i have previously had a red lined goby and shrimp, which the now deceased clown killed.

i understand ow to accimate both theshrimp and the goby, and how to care for the goby. what is the trick to keeping params stable for the shrimp? i do water changes regularly, but i do not check the replacement water for continuity with the tank water, as i buy it from my lfs.

the last thing i want is a dead shrimp/goby/both

thanks for the help!

bump :) there seems to be good info here, and i just need a little more, as i need to pull the trigger today if i am to get a goby anytime soon.

I got this yashia and randall's shrimp for about 3 months, they're getting mich bigger than I first bought them.

they are fasinating critters and got a lot of personalities. the goby does the watching and grab food and share

the food with shrimp, the shrimp does all the house building. And they also stock food in the cave as well.

they'r doing fine with my cleaning shrimp and sexy shrimp.

The only problem is they are too shy to come out of the cave. they only come out at the dinner time, and goby

grab all the food while the shrimp is busy to build the entrance, and then they return into the cave, close the cave with a piece of crushed coral.

post-43503-1298779286_thumb.jpg

post-43503-1298779304_thumb.jpg

post-43503-1298779318_thumb.jpg

This is something really funny about the yashia. Everytime it comes out from the cave, it opens it mouth like that, seems to try to scare away critter near the cave. And then it slowly swims out .This is the entrance. I would say the pistol shrimp is a true engineer in nature.

post-43503-1298779349_thumb.jpg

awesome pics! wish my lfs didnt sell out of these guys so fast. now im gonna have to call around. cuz i need one of these awesome fish!!! :D

Archived