Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

Hey - give yourself a lot of credit - your tank looks great too! Every tank is a bit different, but most of them are great looking. Our tanks are like an artist's canvas and we are the painters. Mine is always changing, and has gone through some drastic changes at times. For some reason we're never quite 100% happy with them. But, it's fun "rejigging" things, and can be expensive too! :)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sexy Shrimp

Minus £20 off the running costs - sold 2 frags!

Thats a total of £1451.83

Just a couple more to go and I can start rearranging... I already have a sand bed again. My YWG were disgusted with the previous coverup!!

Sexy Shrimp

Oh god! The softies I sold were picked up today and I have just rearranged all of my rockwork!!! I am now a big 4lb piece of branching left over with nowhere to put it. Advertised it instead. Hope the tank will cope with less LR :(

Updated cost £1441.83

I think you'll be ok without that 4 lb. rock. Was it the piece on the upper left in the FTS above?

New FTS needed as soon as the water clears!

Sexy Shrimp

Yeah it was the piece upper left. I liked it in the store, never did like it in the tank :(. I think I have already sold it for £10 (or a zoa swap depending on who gets back to me first). I am struggling for a FTS as my batteries have run out on my camera and the dog ate the charger (evil hound!) :(

Sexy Shrimp

Yes :( Last year he had a thing about electrical appliances. He killed my kettle, toaster and George Forman grill. I took to keeping them in cupboards and that's where the George was! I got baby locks for the doors an a muzzle for the dog! Ha take that you sod!!!!

Hey, your tank looks really great! And it is only 6 mo. old? Very nice! And I like the power head hidden in the live rock. Great idea! B) Keep up the good work.

My goodness - I hope he doesn't develop a thing for tanks! Just ran my water tests and now for the weekly water changes. I almost had myself convinced not to do one today, but I feel guilty if I don't. Plus the little 9g tank really should get a weekly so I may as well do both. Ugh! There are times I wonder why I got myself into this free time & money consuming "hobby".

Sexy Shrimp

Thanks Deuce - the powerheads are even more diguised now as they're completely purple!! Go coraline :)

Reefmack - I should be doing my maintainence today but not got time. Luckily I am working 2-10 tomorrow so I can do it before work :) I know what you mean about time consuming!

I have swapped the spare rock with a local reefer. Going to drop it round at his house later this evening. He said he has 5 different zoas, a candycane and a puple gorg that I can pick from! Decisions!!!! I like the idea of a gorg again (used to have a red one in my old tank) but it would mean moving my mushroom garden back out again and I was liking having them in the middle of the tank. I suppose the gorg could always go bottom left where it is a little bare :(

Thanks Deuce - the powerheads are even more diguised now as they're completely purple!! Go coraline :)

That's cool, but just curious-will that eventually effect how the powerhead runs and need to replace it??? :huh:

Sexy Shrimp

Got some new batteries for my camera and here is a new FTS. Excuse the dirt storms - the gobies were at work :)

100_2934.jpg

Wow - major change! Looks good and it looks like you opened up some spots for new corals ($$$) :) Did you trade the branch rock for any of those frags on the left side?

Sexy Shrimp

I'll post close ups of the trade. One is a mammoth colony of palys - huge 1" across! And an SPS that I have yet to identify. Looks like hydno but more branching plates than fat branches...

Sexy Shrimp

Some pics of the new corals...

The clown introducing herself to her new hammer. Its actually green with puple tips but my camera wont pic up the colour :(

100_2940.jpg

New mammoth palys - compare to normal large one to the right!!

100_2941.jpg

My duncans. Need to get a pic fully inflated too

100_2939.jpg

The unknown... I think its leptoseris but the person I swapped it with thought it was stylophora

100_2935.jpg

Thankyou for looking :)

Sexy Shrimp

Hmmm just done a 20% w/c and my params are looking a little worrying :( I think I may have started a mini cycle removing the rock. I knew I would but the colours coming up on the test kits scared me :(

Ammonia - 0.2

Nitrite - 0.025

Nitrate - 1

Looks like I'm going to be doing a few water changes over the next few days ;)

pH - 8.2

Phosphate - 0

Silica - 0

All good with the above

Now for the coral growth ones

KH - 8

Ca - 360 guess the calcium is now being depleted as the Mg is up

Mg - 1160

Time do dose I guess and just moniter the amm/nite over the next few days...

I have officially (in my book, at least) elevated you to my list of "Reef Goddesses of Nano-Reef.com". That is all.

Archived