Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

God I'm embarrassed now - forgot there was sound! Durham sounds a bit posher than Northern England... I'm the one nearly getting run over :(

More horsey vids but this time my cousins horse - me trying to teach her to do a half pass ;)

th_100_3180.jpg

th_100_3184.jpg

th_100_3182.jpg

And posting my beardie here too :) love him!

100_3112.jpg

Weetie - the price of petrol here is £1.119 per litre. That would be £4.235 a us gallon or whopping $7.87 gallon!!! What are you paying over there??

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou

wow- so cool!

I like your accent better though, really!

HOLY CRAP almost 8 bucks!!!!????!?!?!?

it's like 3.60-4.10 here!!!!

wow, how does anyone afford that!!!

WOW, hubby was right!!!

The price varies depending what area of the U.S. you live in, but I'd say around $3.89-$3.99 per U.S. gallon.

Here in South Texas its dropped to under $3.50 finally, but things are so spread out here that I have to drive a lot of miles. No subway or mass transportation here either... :(

We have smaller cars with smaller engines...(my car is pretty standard 5 door hatchback with a 1.4l engine) Don't forget it's also a lot more "compact" here so you don't need to travel far to get to anything ;) Anywhere in the UK is within about 6 hours...

EDIT - but yes it's bloody expensive to live here!

My clowns hosting their new hammer (though the boy hosts the duncans at night) - and camera whore of a neon goby!

th_100_3186.jpg

They don't stay in their "nem" they swim all over...

th_100_3187.jpg

Man I have been wanting a nimble nano for a long time now but I am just too darn lazy to go and order one, :lol:. Your tank tank is filling out so well and all your corals look really happy. I especially like your clowns. I wish mine would host in the massive torch coral that I bought for them. Oh well maybe someday. Well keep up the good work :D

Oh update!

I sold a frag so £10 off the cost. But I bought more zoas so £26 on the cost :(

£1441.83 + £16 = £1457.83

We have smaller cars with smaller engines...(my car is pretty standard 5 door hatchback with a 1.4l engine) Don't forget it's also a lot more "compact" here so you don't need to travel far to get to anything ;) Anywhere in the UK is within about 6 hours...

EDIT - but yes it's bloody expensive to live here!

1.4l??! Thats tiny! My truck is a 5.7l v8 lol.

Those videos of your clowns are funny!

Been checking out what zoas I have (never really cared much - just out of curiosity) and I have (according to zoaid). I am not saying that these are what they are (though a couple look like what they were sold as...), just that this is what they look like... Apolgise in advance for the crumby photos!

Baby back blue

Mine

100_2989-1.jpg

Blue eyed girl

Mine

100_3214.jpg

Envy Orange

Mine

100_3211.jpg

Purple fission

100_3210.jpg

Radioactive dragon eyes

100_3208.jpg

RPE

100_3202.jpg

And all the unknowns - any IDs anyone?

100_2987.jpg

100_2990-1.jpg

100_3203.jpg

100_3207.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments - sorry I didn't answer (was busy with my zoas ;) )

Wish I could put a 5l engine in my car - costs £50 to fill up ($85) so there's no chance I could afford to run a car that size!

Nice zoas.

I think your Radioactive Dragon Eyes are actually Green Bay Packers.

I know what the green ones with blue centers are but can't remember the name. It's gonna drive me nuts til I think of it, but I'll post when I do.

My dosing seems to be going quite well. Left it 8 days between tests this time and:

SG - 1.025

pH - 8.4

Amm - 0

Nite - 0

Nate - <5

Phosphate - o (thank god! had a rise to 1 last week - luckily no algae bloom)

KH - 12 (think I overdid it a teeny bit with the baking soda lol)

Mg - 1560

Ca - 440

Calcium and Mg seem to have switched as to which gets used up first. It have always been Mg before but now its Ca...

Bit concerned about my male YWG. Not seen him at all today but the female has been swimming around loads. I'm hoping he is guarding another clutch of eggs rather than the other option :(

Sexies have released their fortnightly clutch of eggs - all 3 girlies at the same time as usual. Poor lone male must be knackered!

I'm really happy with the tank at the mo. Still want some more SPS but not getting that urge to go out and buy like you get when the tank looks bare.

New FTS:

100_3251.jpg

I have a big gaping hole in he middle now - I'm debating putting a sun coral there ;)

Well after not seeing my male YWG for 3 days he has finaly made an appearance at feeding time today :) Guess he's minding the eggs ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been on holiday and had everything set on auto and told my parents if anything goes wrong with the tank then call the LFS out for a "home visit" (they're good like that - but pricey but then s is my tank...).

Got home to the following:

Light timer failed - they just left the lights on for 3 days!

Main powerhead failed - they didn't even notice despite the water level falling by an inch...

2 nice rics and 2 zoa frags fell off and were upside down on the bottom - just left and now dead

So total lossed are 2 rics, 2 zoa frags, 4 sexy shrimps (male still alive), coco worm and my orange cap monti is bleaching.

I should just call my parents Ike and Gustav :(

Oh and did I mention my cat has broke its leg (3 days before I got back) and they never took it to the vet?!!!! Depite the fact that he was walking round on 3 legs and yawrling :(

Some people are so cruel - and these are my parents :(

Finally managed to test my water (nearly 3 weeks after the last time I tested). I have had 14 days with no dosing (but only PC lighting). On getting home I added 1/4 tsp of baked baking powder and 1 cap of Purple Up. After 3 days I did the same and this morning I added a further 1/4 tsp of baked baking powder.

My results

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 5 (Finally!!)

Phosphate - >0 <0.25

pH - 8.4

KH - 8

Ca - 480

Mg - 1500

Despite lots of people slating Purple Up I have found it to be really effective. It is much cheaper than dosing Mg and Ca seperately (and it has a tiny bit of iodine in it too). If the levels do go out of whack there's always the option of topping up with individual chemicals. It's sooooo simple. No measuring and waiting for it to disolve and worrying about adding too much too soon. One capful and heypresto!!

On a happy not I have located a ric I thought had gone - it had "fell off" and I have also found a sexy female too (at least I have a pair).

Off to LFS to replace my dodgy main powerhead!

Just fed the corals and counted the heads on my duncan. It had 9 when I got it 3 months (or so) ago and now it has 14!!!!!!!!! I am amazed! Can't wait until the baby heads get bigger and longer :)

Oh forget to say I have just bought a new powerhead for my back chamber. My flow is now 16.7x through the back chambers and 45.5x for the whole tank!!!

Archived