Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

I use the garlic to encouraged the fish to eat when I first got them. Now if I take it out they wont eat :(

Want a dog/cat treat recipe?

1 lambs liver

Place in a pan and add enough water to cover

Add 1 clove of crushed garlic and 1 stock cube

Boil for 30 mins until overcooked and rubbery

remove from the water and allow to cool

Slice into 1 cm thick strips and then cubes

Bake in the oven at 200c (English money ;) ) until dried out and crispy.

The stock can be used to pour over their dinner as a nice "gravy"

I will guarantee your cat/dog will go nutz for these.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garlics been good for fish. One clove a day keeps the ich away.

I've never had ich - I mean my fish haven't... They haven't had anything :)

I want purple mushies like you. And duncans like yours... :)

Shame you're not in the UK - the mushies keep reproducing and floating all around the tank. Been giving them away! My red mushies wont though :(

Decided my thread needs spicing up like Dahlias :) Not got any cat pics but got vids of my loopy dog!

th_100_3030.jpg

th_100_3031.jpg

I took him to my friends yard (horses) and he had a ball! So did I but I almost got squised by a big horse!

Great videos. The loopy dog looks like one I almost picked up at a shelter years ago. I still remember his name was Sylvester LOL! Was it raining that day? It looked like rain drops falling on the pond.

It's raining pretty much permenently here at the mo. Supposed to be the middle of summer but its tyorrential rain! So much for global warming!

Wow I like your recipe, I think I'm going to have to try that! (The fish one and dog one!)

Great ideas!

Oh and on-topic, your tank is stunningly beautiful, I love it!

What type of dog do you have?

Boyd is Foxhound x Greyhound and adorable (most of the time)

Try the dog treats - they are delicious (so the dog thinks)

Well I have more frags fr sale (UK - don't get excited lol). I had a bit of a rockslide after dropping my nimble nano down the back grrr. A 1 inch piece of orange monti cap and my new zoas :( . Have advertised the biggest frags of zoas for sale but the 2 small one as freebies to newbies (been doing a bit of this lately - spreading the wealth :) ).

Pics of the carnage!

Before

100_2847.jpg

Accidental frag - look at how it has coloured up with MH lighting!

100_3104.jpg

Before

100_2988.jpg

Accidental frags

100_3105.jpg

Had 4 days of dosing now and my levels are

pH - 8.4

KH - 10

Ca - 500

Mg - 1400

Maybe I have done a little bit too much. So now to calculate the lowering :(

.25 tsp baked baking soda

70g mgSO4

4ml Ca (reptile) - will use this until it is used up then switch to my other calcium that has now arrived.

dahliaheartsyou

Boyd is Foxhound x Greyhound and adorable (most of the time)

Try the dog treats - they are delicious (so the dog thinks)

I LOVE YOUR DOG!!!

greyhounds are so beautiful!!!!

I just love hounds/big dogs....so cute!!!

nice accidental frags!

lol...

Duh on me, but what did you mean by "dropping my nimble nano down the back". What's a nimble nano - did you drop a piece of rock?

Duh on me, but what did you mean by "dropping my nimble nano down the back". What's a nimble nano - did you drop a piece of rock?

OMG Reefmack you have never heard of a Nimble Nano?!?! It's an algae magnet that is about 1cm thick on the inner side and will fit almost anywhere (hence me getting it stuck behind my rock!). Jerome on here sells them - if you search nimble nano and user name Jerome you should find the thread. They are on my best buy list (only things above are my hair straighteners and thermal chaps).

picture4.jpg

Well, I thought "nimble nano" might be one of those English terms, but I was wrong. I'll have to search on it - I just might want to get one. The thickness sounds good. Does it do a good job? I guess it doesn't float though?

Thermal chaps? For those cold days of horseback riding?

It does a good job on all but the horrible hard green stuff. It will get coraline off though. It doesn't float but the magnets are so strong that this rarely matters. You can go round corners end on and it doesn't fall off! It also works for bow fronts (which normal ones struggle with). If you get the one slightly stronger I should imagine that it would be pretty difficult to get it loose accidentally.

And yes the chaps are for horseriding :) An essential in winter over here (and sometimes summer :( )

You won't be disappointed! I have debated getting a super for a while now. I think after my landslide I may just do that :(

On the subject of horses...

Anyone seen A Question of Sport? It has a what happened next video section. Try it with this... Why did I press stop too soon????

th_100_3100.jpg

And then she tried to kill me!!

th_100_3101.jpg

Bloody nutter!

Just glued all my frags down with New Loctite Superglue Gel Super. It is brilliant! Managed to glue my fingers to the rock!

dahliaheartsyou

OMG!

is that your horse?

so coooool!

are you the one in the middle, or the brave one recording?

I LOVE THE ACCENTS!!!!!!!

my good friend is from Durham, England...but doesn't sound like that.

Hey, I have a weird totally non-aquatic question for you (hope you don't mind me butting in to ask!)--

What's the price of gas/petrol over there?

I ask because in the U.S. we've been seeing gas prices continue to climb quite a bit, but I heard that it's actually a lot worse for people in other countries than it is here.

Archived