Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeeeee got a free 4L bottle of 1 molar CaCl2 from work (out of date for lab use...). Anyone have any idea how much I would need to use to bring the Ca up? ie 24g tank bringing it up by 50.

This would have been a good shot if the neon hadn't have shot to the front of the tank at the sight of the camera (camera whore). My YWG is sat in the neons spot right at the top of the tank. The neon was staring him out and not very happy lol

DSC01671.jpg

Jut made up a fresh batch of food and managed to spill a whole tub of freeze dried cyclopeeze all over my kitchen counter!! OMG it goes further than blood!!!!

My YWG have just had their 2nd clutch of eggs!!! And I got piccies!!

Daddy is tending the eggs while mummy stands guard...

post-34033-1223131159_thumb.jpg

That's really cool! Is it the yellow mass next to Dad?

Yep! That's it. It kinda of flows and moves with the current. Really cool to watch!

First batch hatched and I saw just one about 2mm long behind my ammoalert. When I tried to net it it got away and my female clown ate it!! :( Free fish food though :)

It's really surprising me that they have thrown out (at least) two clutches of eggs as the female does not have her "mature" colouration yet...

It's really funny watching the my female YWG give the clowns a run for their money when they get too close! For a peaceful fish they are really aggressive when defending their eggs!

I forgot to add a couple of things to the cost

New main powerhead - £40

Rics and zoas off ebay - £50

Total cost - £1547.83

• 2 weeks later...

Nope didn't save any. I wasn't prepared enough really. All prepared this time though! Female is looking like a fat little jelly bean again!

Nothing much going on at the moment. Mama YWG is getting fatter and papa YWG is clearing out a new cave (not as accessible as the last one :( ).

I think mama clown is full of eggs. She is HUGE! Just take a look at this!

Mamaclown.jpg

Papa clown

Papaclown.jpg

Mushie corner

mix.jpg

New orange/red zoas

zoa1.jpg

Other new zoas (3 in 1)

zoa2.jpg

Fed the duncans and got pics

duncan1.jpg

duncan2.jpg

Duncan3.jpg

Duncan4.jpg

Duncan5.jpg

duncan6.jpg

duncan7.jpg

duncan8.jpg

duncan9.jpg

duncan10.jpg

duncan11.jpg

duncan12.jpg

duncan13.jpg

duncan15.jpg

duncan15a.jpg

duncan16.jpg

duncan17.jpg

duncan18.jpg

duncan19.jpg

And yummy all gone!

duncan20.jpg

Sorry, bit boring, I know...

Just waiting for them to burp now. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. They haven't had salmon before so who knows...

Those Duncan feeding pics are awesome. What do you noramally feed them and how do you keep your other tank mates from stealing there food. My LFS is gonna frag me a head off of there Duncan colony this week. I'm pretty excited.

My female clown hosts the duncans so nothing is allowed near them ;) My boy clown stands guard on the hammer :)

Duncans are great. They look very much like nems when they are happy. When I got mine I had 8 heads. I think there are now 17!! And I have only had them about 3 months...

Archived