Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Diary - running total £1547.83! - newbies stop now!

Sexy Shrimp

Incorrect - the duncans host the clown, anemones host clowns, etc. - fish don't host. I see that correction all the time so I thought I'd give you one! We have to keep you English correct & proper, since you invented this crazy language & grammar system LOL!!! :)

Agreed on duncans. In about the same time as yours I've had a 2 & 3 head colony grow into more heads than I can count- at least 12 each now, and probably more counting the really teeny ones always popping out. Amazing! They should give these things away rather than charge the price that some sellers want! Great corals!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just turn them off if you don't like it ;) At least it's relevant n not stupid political banners.

Anyway - you're one to talk with the stupid animated av...

My YWG egg picture got in the finals! 9 have been sent to the magazine (including mine) and 3 will be selected for publication!!!!

Got some frags for swaps :)

I have the following for swaps:

Hammer - up to 3 heads (under 14k 150w MH with no actinics)

100_3292.jpg

HammerClown.jpg

Duncan - up to 3 heads (clown acclimitised and feeds well)

100_3005.jpg

duncan6.jpg

Orange plate monti - 1 1/2 inch circular frag

100_3104.jpg

Purple mushroom with blue dots (rather nice even if I say so myself ;) ) - on a piece of live rock. Like the ones in this pic

100_2698.jpg

I'm looking for bright zoas, ricordea, LPS or SPS

Got some lovely frags from mailordercorals.com. Ordered 6 and they sent a bonus one :) Will take pics just as soon as they open up :)

Noone interested in swaps of any of my frags I listed?

Here's some pics (not the best but hopefully you will get the idea ;) ):

Pink stylophora - looking a bit worse for wear but hopefully it will bounce back :)

Pinkstylophora.jpg

Rainbow montipora - just looks green here but it's actually green, purple, pink and yellowish

Rainbowmontipora.jpg

Super green montipora confusa - this is my all time favourite coral and now I own one!

Supergreenmontiporaconfusa.jpg

Diploastrea heliopora (?) it was a freebie so I'm not sure...

DiploastreaHeliopora.jpg

Favia moon

Moonfavia.jpg

Pink seriotopa Hystrix

PinkSeriatoporaHysterix.jpg

And the absolute bestest one!!

Green/orange/purple Aussia Acan

OrangegreenpurpleAussieAcanthastrea.jpg

Which should have looked like this (I think mine is nicer :) )

orangecrushacan.jpg

I think that's all... Hope you liked as much as I do (in another few months this will be the next batch of frag swaps hopefully ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

More new stuff :) thought with swaps and frag selling the tank is running at zero cost :)

I was very naughty and got 2 new fish. I figured as my nitrate never go up my tank can probably cope :)

The Bangaiis

Bangaii.jpg

More new frags in my zoa garden :)

ZoaGarden2.jpg

ZoaGarden.jpg

ZoaGarden3.jpg

Gorg (I have had them before so I know all about their feeding ;) )

Gorg.jpg

And the obligatory FTS

FTS.jpg

Very nice! Pretty soon your rock will be like mine - so covered in corals that you'll have room for no more LOL! But, there's always that one little spot that will be open. :) I was in that position, I thought, but my 4th Acan within about a week arrived today - there's always room for "one more"!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh those frags I got were awful! All of them, apart from the acan died over a period of 7 days sad.gif Frag swaps for me from now on...

Bought some frags, swapped some frags, sold some frags. Running costs this month £0!!!! Although I have 6 dead frags sad.gif

More pics smile2.gif

The unknown (going to be fragged soon)

Unknown.jpg

Unknown2.jpg

Fragged hammer

Hammer.jpg

Mushie/ric garden

Mush.jpg

MushGarden.jpg

Zoa garden/YWG lair

Acan (only frag left from mailorder)

Acan.jpg

Acan2.jpg

Little bit of frogspawn left from a frag - it crumbled as I milliputted it sad.gif

BabyFrogspawn.jpg

Coco worm still going strong!

Coco.jpg

Bangaii

Bangaii-1.jpg

LHS

LHS.jpg

RHS

RHS.jpg

FTS

FTS3.jpg

FTS2.jpg

FTS1.jpg

+1

How many fish are in this tank?

ooo handbag...

The bioload is perfect for the tank. I try and keep my nitrates above 1 (as I find the corals have better growth with nitrates between 1 and 5) but I struggle - my test kits normally say between 0 and 1. I have no GHA and haven't had diatoms since my cycle.

Corals are growing like mad. In addition to the ones I have sold I now have 5 heads of hammer and 2 +2 inch frags of the green pavona. I love that all the corals are now growing to the point I can share :) All my last frags sold straight away and I love seeing my "freebie frags" in new tanks :)

I'm so disappointed with mailorder corals frags - it is the first package of frags I have ordered via the post that has failed. It's so sad to see them looking so dreadful with everything else thriving :(

Well we have YWG babies again. Spotted daddy coming out of his hidey hole with a mouthful of eggs. There must have been 1000 babies. I did a 10% WC to collect some of the larvae and I must have about 200! The live foom has triggered the mood and the clowns and bangaii have been fooling around now :)

Looks like you have a really healthy, thriving tank there!

I'd happily trade with you if you weren't so far away, you've got some nice stuff.

What's your plan for the babies?

Thanks guys. I have the babies in a rearing tank and am going to do my best for them. YWG are notoriously difficulty to rear (though very easy to get to breed ;) ). I really want my bangaiis to have babies - baby bangaiis are soooooo cute. Plus with them going on CITES2 now they will go up in price for captive bred ones ;)

JUV_BANGGAI_760thumb.jpg

jpgRaiseBanggaiBabies.jpg

Just read through this whole thread for the first time and Im very impressed with your progress . I can only hope my new setup does even close to as well as yours has . Nicely done

Thanks guys you make me smile!

I have more frags for sale if anyone is near me...(collection only)

Branching hammer 2 branches, 7 heads, Brown mushrooms with aqua stripes (very unusual!), green pavona, red gorg with yellow polyps, GSP, pink zoas and fire and black ice zoas :)

Archived